Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mallett considering TX A&M, ARk, UCLA and others (per his dad)

Started by fu-man-soo, January 09, 2008, 01:58:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fu-man-soo

http://www.tsn.ca/ncaa/news_story/?ID=226848&hubname=ncaa

Mallett said his son also will consider transferring to Texas A&M, Arkansas and UCLA among other schools. After sitting out next season, he will have three years of eligibility.

''Several schools have called and we're still open-minded about any program that runs a pro-style offence,'' he said. ''He's going to enroll this semester, so we've got to get moving.''

online-with-swine

Would Filmer hire the Michigan coaching duo just to get Mallett?  I wou8ldn't put it passed him.

Here's to hoping that Mallett comes here.  BP work your magic.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Pork-U-Very-Much on January 09, 2008, 02:04:12 pm
Would Filmer hire the Michigan coaching duo just to get Mallett?  I wou8ldn't put it passed him.

Here's to hoping that Mallett comes here.  BP work your magic.

He needs to fill those coaching spots anyway. Michigan doesn't usually employ bad coaches, so I'm guessing these guys know what they're doing.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Demaghog

Honestly, it doesn't look good for us. 

Quote"Ryan really clicked with both coach DeBord and coach Loeffler during the last couple months of the season and during bowl practices, I've never seen Ryan throw the ball or read defenses as well as he did."

He doesn't have time to visit multiple schools.  He'll probably just follow Loeffler to Tennessee-- stick with what he knows. 

****!  This hurts, especially with him going to Tennessee, the only team I really hate in the SEC.

CowHog

Razor8

i didnt think the schools were allowed to contact recruits til after the dead period?
Razorbacks

jgphillips3

Actually, QB two years from now is not as much of a concern to me as some positions.  I think that Petrino will be able to attract a young top notch QB (possibly even 5 star) for the same season that Mallett would have eligibility.  I would love to have Mallett because a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but kind of like Nutt with running backs, Petrino is likely to do just fine with QB's.  It may be the position on the team we will have the least problem recruiting for.

Hogtropolis™

Looking at the quotes that his dad made, it doesn't look very good for Arkansas, but at least we are on a list that he is considering.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on January 09, 2008, 03:37:47 pm
Looking at the quotes that his dad made, it doesn't look very good for Arkansas, but at least we are on a list that he is considering.

Ryan & his father have different ideas on which school is best for him.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Demaghog

Quote from: Hawgballz on January 10, 2008, 12:37:04 am
Ryan & his father have different ideas on which school is best for him.

I was beginning to think that.

Something was odd about the way Carr knew about him transferring before his mother and father.  In an article just a few days ago, she stated that he might stay at Michigan.  Apparently Ryan didn't tell her what he had already told Carr!

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Big Daddy