Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fishing scales

Started by TechHawg, May 12, 2006, 02:35:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TechHawg

I was just wondering what kind of scales y'all use.  I've had several different kinds throughout the years.  None of them were terribly accurate.  Does anybody know of a good one?  Thanks.

RaZoRtUsK

Rapala hand held scales have worked well for me. I  took a 5 lb. bag of sugar and put them on my scale and it said 5 lbs.
Who would have thunk it ! lol

I also got a set of postal scales because I put on a lot of tours. They cost a little more but they weigh to the nearest tenth of an ounce.

Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

pioneerhog

Quote from: RaZoRtUsK on May 12, 2006, 03:52:17 pm
Rapala hand held scales have worked well for me. I  took a 5 lb. bag of sugar and put them on my scale and it said 5 lbs.
Who would have thunk it ! lol
I use Rapala's hand held scales as well. They seem to be fairly accurate.

ConwayHog

Rapala hand-held scales for me as well.

tophawg19

i use a sliding projectable scale , here is how it works . if i catch a fish 10 inches long that ways a pound i know that had i caught that same fish 2 years from now he would be a 10 lb fish so i slide up two years and now have a 10lb fish. why wait 2 years and delay the enevitable . is this lying ? NO just projecting the fish into the future . it isn't my fault that said fish choose to bite now and not wait 2 years so why should i be punished for his mistake .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RaZoRtUsK

;D I need to start using that method
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

tophawg19

it works if you don't take pictures . if you do hold them out toward the camera like bill dance does .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins