Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flagstaffhog

Quote from: ricepig on August 30, 2017, 08:10:38 pm
Considering the 1st row starts right behind the plywood, I'd say it's pretty close.

My bad, Rice. I completely forgot about the bleachers not installed yet in the NEZ. Thanks for the reminder.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: flagstaffhog on August 30, 2017, 08:21:49 pm
My bad, Rice. I completely forgot about the bleachers not installed yet in the NEZ. Thanks for the reminder.

Go HOGS Go!

Not to mention that there will be some seats overhanging the first level on the 2nd tier.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

NEZ is starting to look like a giant sandbox
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 31, 2017, 11:48:06 am

I'll bring the plastic shovel if you bring the rake.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on August 31, 2017, 11:48:06 am

So we shouldn't bring cats to the game??
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JackMcQueen

2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

Jackrabbit Hog

When the construction crew is working at full strength at DWRRS, I believe the crowd there is slightly larger than the one at WMS last night.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on September 01, 2017, 11:18:02 am
When the construction crew is working at full strength at DWRRS, I believe the crowd there is slightly larger than the one at WMS last night.

WMS has been "done" for at least two decades....   it is really pathetic that the Hogs play even one, "rent a win", game there at all, even for "old times sake".....    DWRRS is a premier venue for the Hogs to play in and they should play all home games there....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

FraggleHog

Quote from: DLUXHOG on September 01, 2017, 11:20:19 am
WMS has been "done" for at least two decades....   it is really pathetic that the Hogs play even one, "rent a win", game there at all, even for "old times sake".....    DWRRS is a premier venue for the Hogs to play in and they should play all home games there....

Well your (and a lot of other hog fan's) wishes is about to come true. Long was adamant that the Hogs will finish out contract with WMS next season but I'm not so sure...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This is the DWR Stadium Expansion thread. Stay on topic guys.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Saw the programming grid and thought it looked pretty cool

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

DeshaHog

looks like that link is asking for a pword?

VirginiaHog

razCzar

Quote from: DeshaHog on September 01, 2017, 08:23:44 pm
So, what is it... anybody, factchecker?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeshaHog on September 01, 2017, 08:23:44 pm

I'd bet most of us have been chasing the pword all our adult lives.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Quote from: razCzar on September 01, 2017, 11:21:36 pm
So, what is it... anybody, factchecker?

It's different for everyone, whatever you set up when they asked you if you wanted weekly updates on the NEZ construction.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Potosihog on August 22, 2017, 03:29:03 pm
"I was driving back from Dallas last night and saw the stadium coming over the hill on 49" 

That must have been very frightening.  Did you take the ditch to avoid it? :-)

Are you 3 years old or just think your funny person?

ricepig

So, when are the poles for the "Allstate" net going up, surely we aren't going to kick football's into the construction area, haha.

gangstaback

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on August 24, 2017, 04:28:23 pm
Yeah - right after I posted that, I went back and checked some older pics and saw just that.  Came back and deleted my post, but obviously you responded before I did.

Thanks for the correction, however.

I guess I just never noticed those few rows before.

So ...

If no bleachers ... then final capacity must be less than 80,000?

If bleachers altered ... it used to be 4,000 more seats but with the new video board it will be less, so still less than 80,000?

ricepig

Quote from: gangstaback on September 04, 2017, 01:12:58 pm
So ...

If no bleachers ... then final capacity must be less than 80,000?

If bleachers altered ... it used to be 4,000 more seats but with the new video board it will be less, so still less than 80,000?

Yep, there haven't been the temporary bleachers for at least two years, maybe three. Probably around 77,000 or so capacity.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on September 03, 2017, 09:53:49 am
So, when are the poles for the "Allstate" net going up, surely we aren't going to kick football's into the construction area, haha.

That's why the workers wear hard hats...............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

sowmonella

Will the NEZ structure in place hold in any crowd noise? Just wondering.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Stephen Greene

Stephen Greene

ricepig

Quote from: Stephen Greene on September 04, 2017, 03:37:09 pm

That's called trespassing......but thanks. I can't wait to get a look at it on Saturday.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: ricepig on September 04, 2017, 03:38:59 pm
That's called trespassing......but thanks. I can't wait to get a look at it on Saturday.

How do you know whether or not I'm not Coach B?

ricepig

Quote from: Stephen Greene on September 04, 2017, 03:45:11 pm
How do you know whether or not I'm not Coach B?

Because we'd be talking in your office right now......

sowmonella

Quote from: ricepig on September 04, 2017, 03:46:02 pm
Because we'd be talking in your office right now......
I'm not in my office right now.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

If you're in my Office Rice, I had better have my Stuttgart DU tickets on my desk...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Stephen Greene

Quote from: sowmonella on September 04, 2017, 03:52:16 pm
I'm not in my office right now.

I went to grab a Whataburger

Not in my office

factchecker

Some pictures via media members from South Indoor Club:

Drone shot from: https://www.instagram.com/asa.cox/

Food Vendor Change = new concessions:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

gangstaback

Quote from: factchecker on September 04, 2017, 06:37:46 pm

Who the frank put lettuce on my beef?  :'(  If this doesn't get that durn Yankee Jeff Long fired... I do not know what will! START THE ENGINES BUBBA! .... I'll spray paint the banner!  ::hornsdown::

majestic

That sandwich looks horrible.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Stephen Greene

Quote from: factchecker on September 04, 2017, 06:37:46 pm
Some pictures via media members from South Indoor Club:

Drone shot from: https://www.instagram.com/asa.cox/

why coleslaw?!!!

Why?!

Why??!!!

Sivad

sowmonella

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

theFlyingHog

ImHogginIt

Anyone know what kind of new concessions my taste buds can be exposed to when I come to a game and sit in my West upperdeck ?  :(

factchecker

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 05, 2017, 12:17:07 am
Anyone know what kind of new concessions my taste buds can be exposed to when I come to a game and sit in my West upperdeck ?  :(

The whole stadium is getting new concessions.  Sudexo is gone and Levy is our new provider.  I'm interested to see the changes and pricing.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

axharbor

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 03, 2017, 10:50:30 am
aTm also wasn't as good when Petrino was here as they are now.

And also don't forget, the Hogs were MUCH better back then...

ImHogginIt

Quote from: factchecker on September 05, 2017, 12:22:54 am
The whole stadium is getting new concessions.  Sudexo is gone and Levy is our new provider.  I'm interested to see the changes and pricing.

I'm thinking those of us upperdeckers will still get basic crap. Maybe they will have enough mustard for our hot dogs this year  ;D

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Stephen Greene on September 04, 2017, 03:37:09 pm
Thanks for this. I was wondering If the hog pen would be set up in the new endzone

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 05, 2017, 01:46:46 am
I'm thinking those of us upperdeckers will still get basic crap. Maybe they will have enough mustard for our hot dogs this year  ;D

Potosihog

Glad Sudexo is gone.  Genuinely bad company.  I'm sure most food vendors for athletic events are over priced and are not ashamed of it.  However, after attending a training for Sudexo years ago with a not for profit fundraiser, I was astonished at the greed/evil/arrogance of that group.

3kgthog

I had remained hopeful once I saw the contract switch to Levy several months ago. If those pics are of the best of the new offerings, I think I'll just grab a few dog treats before I leave the house Saturday morning.

Now, about this Pepsi snafu...

FraggleHog

Quote from: FraggleHog on August 28, 2017, 01:20:22 pm
It didn't seem like it took them long to get the paneling on the SEZ board... I bet they'll get it done.

They still haven't put up the paneling. I don't imagine it will be done before Saturday at this point...