Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

go hogues

Quote from: KC_archHOG on July 26, 2017, 09:10:59 am
Best thing we could do right now to enhance the gameday experience and cost NO MONEY to do, would be to expand the hogwalk through victory village. Drop the players off at the top of the hill and let them walk down to the stadium through the fans. Currently we have the second shortest "player walk" in the SEC to Vandy (who doesn't really have one). Expand it through Victory Village and we'd be top 5, just shorter than Georgia and equal with Tennessee (both of which are INCREDIBLE experiences).
That would be great.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Sivad

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 25, 2017, 09:47:09 pm
They need to flatten Razorback Road starting down by the practice fields moving north to create a tunnel behind the west stands. Build a plaza where the street is now with the road running under it. Put up some statues with benches and trees, a place for fans to sit and visit. Add a brick exterior to the back of the stands.
A fine idea but you are absolutely going to vaporlock David Pryor.

ricepig

Quote from: Sivad on July 26, 2017, 01:46:22 pm
A fine idea but you are absolutely going to vaporlock David Pryor.

Name it the Pryor tunnel, ex-politicians like stuff named after them.

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 25, 2017, 10:24:25 pm
What I'm suggesting would not really be a tunnel. They'd just flatten Razorback Road so that when it reached the west stands it would beat 15-20 feet below the entrances/exits to the west side. Then they'd build a plaza over it. If they really wanted to spend some money they could take out the parking lot to the west and create a two level parking deck with the lower level below the plaza at the new level of Razorback Road. They could also create lower level parking where the north endzone lot is and put a tailgating area above it with grass & trees.

I can tell them how to spend their money as fast as they can come up with it.  ;D

Mike, has Jeff Long ever given you an indication on the time frame to correct and enhance the West side of the stadium after the new North End Zone project is finished?  I am with you, I hate the erector set look of the West side!

ricepig

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on July 26, 2017, 02:21:26 pm
Mike, has Jeff Long ever given you an indication on the time frame to correct and enhance the West side of the stadium after the new North End Zone project is finished?  I am with you, I hate the erector set look of the West side!

There's isn't room until the road is moved west, and it doesn't appear like that's anytime soon.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: RedSkiesAtNightHog on July 26, 2017, 02:21:26 pm
I mentioned it. He just looked at me and shook his head. At the time he was still a couple of years away from announcing the north endzone project. One project at a time. They're probably another decade away from doing anything to the west side exterior to open up more space under the west stands. A new Baum Stadium entrance off Razorback Road may be next. There's also the matter of getting rid of Barnhill to build a parking deck. They'd have to build a new volleyball/gymnastics facility to do that.

Fan1958

Quote from: longpig on February 02, 2017, 05:51:17 pm
Isn't it though. Most every evening I start at 8:00 a.m. on camera #2 and check on the progress 30 minutes at a time.

Damn. :-\
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

ICEman

Panasonic will be supplying the new curved display in the north end zone.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Update 7-27: More panels are up on the NEZ scoreboard
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Theres a port-a-potty INSIDE the north scoreboard. Now THATS dedication!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

So I've gone back over the "live" feed and figured out that it takes approx. 1 hour and 20 minutes to install each panel of the scoreboard.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ICEman on July 26, 2017, 04:47:00 pm
Panasonic will be supplying the new curved display in the north end zone.

Interesting... I knew the exterior was curved, but didn't know if the actual screen was going to be curved. That'll look nice!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Trying to put things into perspective. This is what the BAC looked like on the 1st day of the expansion compared to where it is right now. The difference in size is incredible.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 26, 2017, 07:03:24 am
The road then would be very steep coming out from under that plaza before it connects to Maple. It is fairly steep entering along and just before that side of the stadium. IIRC it is also a US highway and not owned by the state or locally. Think that has been one of the holdups all along. Something can and should be done though. I think rerouting and closing that short portion of the hwy. Then use the old right of way for entrance and expansion of concourses.
HWY 112
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

FraggleHog

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? It looks like facade of some sort, but it doesn't jive with anything I've seen in the renderings...

*EDIT* It looks similar to the old facade of the BAC...

ricepig

Pretty sure those are used the form the walls in base of the tower sections. They pulled those in and out while pouring some concrete in the west tower area. You can barely see some being used in the east tower area. I think they'll use those when the pour the wall in the east, they have the iron/steel being pigtailed together.

FraggleHog

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 12:59:10 pm
Pretty sure those are used the form the walls in base of the tower sections. They pulled those in and out while pouring some concrete in the west tower area. You can barely see some being used in the east tower area. I think they'll use those when the pour the wall in the east, they have the iron/steel being pigtailed together.

That makes complete sense. Thanks Rice... I knew someone on here would know what was up...

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 27, 2017, 12:52:26 pm
Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? It looks like facade of some sort, but it doesn't jive with anything I've seen in the renderings...

*EDIT* It looks similar to the old facade of the BAC...
those are scoreboard panels

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: ricepig on July 27, 2017, 12:59:10 pm
This entire time I was thinking they were scoreboard panels lol  :D

The_Iceman

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 26, 2017, 03:20:47 pm
I mentioned it. He just looked at me and shook his head. At the time he was still a couple of years away from announcing the north endzone project. One project at a time. They're probably another decade away from doing anything to the west side exterior to open up more space under the west stands. A new Baum Stadium entrance off Razorback Road may be next. There's also the matter of getting rid of Barnhill to build a parking deck. They'd have to build a new volleyball/gymnastics facility to do that.

Mike, thank you for the update!  Maybe the West Side will be finished when Notre Dame comes to town!

The_Iceman

We have season tickets on the West side. There is nothing worse that the concourse underneath.

GoHogzzGo

Check out the over head view of the stadium in this video, about 1:22 in. I knew the new BAC was big, didn't realize it was that big, and wide. Very cool.

http://5newsonline.com/2017/07/27/adventure-arkansas-arkansas-helicopter-tour-of-nwa/
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

FraggleHog

LZH

Looks good Boss....keep 'em coming.

FraggleHog

Quote from: LZH on July 31, 2017, 11:17:17 am
Looks good Boss....keep 'em coming.

Did the link work for you? I got a 404 error

RazorPiggie

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 31, 2017, 11:12:29 am
Link doesn't work... Unfortunate... I was excited to check it out!

Looks like they took it down for some reason.

Was just some older pictures from a few weeks ago.

oldfart

so strange to see this going up.. i used to be able to sit in my office and see the whole field from my window......... 

FANONTHEHILL

If I can get away from work at a decent time I'm going head over to practice today.  If I make it, I'll head up to the stadium and take some pictures to post.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

rljjr

Quote from: FraggleHog on July 31, 2017, 11:12:29 am
Link doesn't work... Unfortunate... I was excited to check it out!

It was several weeks ago before the screen in the South End Zone was installed. Still was fun to look at for a few minutes.

parallaxpig

Quote from: jst01 on July 26, 2017, 11:03:05 am
Anyone know what they are doing with the lot just south of the Alumni House, just across Razorback Rd. from the pit?

Building an Alumni House tailgating area.............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: oldfart on July 31, 2017, 11:30:36 am
so strange to see this going up.. i used to be able to sit in my office and see the whole field from my window.........

Coach Broyles?  Is that you??
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

sowmonella

Quote from: oldfart on July 31, 2017, 11:30:36 am

John L. used to see the field from his office. Hmmm.......
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

razorcash2

I saw John L. operating one of the cranes last week.

ricepig

Quote from: razorcash2 on July 31, 2017, 03:57:39 pm
I saw John L. operating one of the cranes last week.

Collecting that deferred payment, good to see him earning it......

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2017, 03:59:39 pm
Collecting that deferred payment, good to see him earning it......

Not voluntary.  It was court-ordered restitution for stealing from the University.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

FANONTHEHILL

These are from 3:30 today. 
From across Razorback Road showing the curve of the new video board.
What I think may be the forms to pour the lower stand concrete.
Progress on the north side.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 31, 2017, 04:54:57 pm
These are from 3:30 today. 
From across Razorback Road showing the curve of the new video board.
What I think may be the forms to pour the lower stand concrete.
Progress on the north side.

Those forms are used in the walls in the two towers, are have been used there.

sowmonella

Thanks FOTH although I did injure my neck trying to see the last pic.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

GoHogzzGo

Great pics thank you! Really enjoying seeing it from a different perspective than the construction cam.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on July 31, 2017, 05:06:15 pm
Great pics thank you! Really enjoying seeing it from a different perspective than the construction cam.

Yeah, that screen is definitely curved as much as my TV!

Sivad

Thanks FOTH. Interesting angle really showed the curve. Any other stadiums have these?

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2017, 04:57:42 pm
Those forms are used in the walls in the two towers, are have been used there.

Thanks Rice.  I was totally guessing in the forms.  I know nothing of construction.

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 31, 2017, 06:07:09 pm
Thanks Rice.  I was totally guessing in the forms.  I know nothing of construction.

I had no idea either, but one day I saw them and watched them pull them out and put them in the tower areas and back a concrete pumper truck and pump concrete. It's interesting to watch a days work in 2 minutes, haha.

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on July 31, 2017, 05:06:15 pm

I live close and go by campus all the time.  I'll try to get some from these same angles in the coming weeks.

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 31, 2017, 07:46:50 pm
I live close and go by campus all the time.  I'll try to get some from these same angles in the coming weeks.

It's going to be interesting what they have done in the area in front of the steel structure by Sept 9th. I figured they would have the base of the seating in so that there isn't the construction mess that's there now. I doubt they are going to have a construction fence to catch the extra-points and FG's haha. Take some pictures of the tower areas, we don't get a good look at them from the cameras.

FANONTHEHILL

July 31, 2017, 08:11:37 pm #697 Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 12:02:03 pm by FANONTHEHILL
Quote from: ricepig on July 31, 2017, 08:06:34 pm
It's going to be interesting what they have done in the area in front of the steel structure by Sept 9th. I figured they would have the base of the seating in so that there isn't the construction mess that's there now. I doubt they are going to have a construction fence to catch the extra-points and FG's haha. Take some pictures of the tower areas, we don't get a good look at them from the cameras.

They normally have a practice or two in the stadium near the end of fall camp.  That's what I'm hoping for to get some better pictures.

ricepig

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on July 31, 2017, 08:11:37 pm
Hey normally have a practice or two in the stadium near the end of fall camp.  That's what I'm hoping for to get some better pictures.

The scrimmage on the 12th on Fan Day is in the stadium, if I remember correctly. They may have Saturday's in there, too. I can't make it up until the TCU game, so no good for me.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Sivad on July 31, 2017, 05:29:20 pm
Thanks FOTH. Interesting angle really showed the curve. Any other stadiums have these?

I know the Cleveland Cavaliers' "Humongotron" at Quicken Loans Arena is curved, but I believe we are at least the first Collegiate football team to have one. It's the biggest one for sure!