Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DWR Stadium Expansion

Started by longpig, February 02, 2017, 02:12:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Quote from: GuvHog on June 01, 2017, 12:53:38 pm
I did. That's how I noticed the car and why I asked if that was the same picture posted twice. Now he has it correct.
It's me. I'm still looking for a good parking spot.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

Quote from: sowmonella on June 01, 2017, 04:40:24 pm
It's me. I'm still looking for a good parking spot.

I think if you circle by one more time.......

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Imagine the hogs playing in this
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 06, 2017, 06:12:02 am

That new big screen really obscures your view ;)

Geez yeah that would really be a fog bowl wow, nice screen grab.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 06, 2017, 06:12:02 am

1981 Gator Bowl?? Was that the game with Brad Taylor at QB where the fog was thick?

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on June 06, 2017, 09:50:04 am
1981 Gator Bowl?? Was that the game with Brad Taylor at QB where the fog was thick?

Was that a trip or what.....

Ethan Horton. They ran that poor boy to death that night. But, it worked.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

NEZ Update. The SEZ big screen construction is going well
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Cinco de Hogo

The view from a skybox on that end will be very nice!

rljjr

Such a far different place from the time I was there 86-91 when George Cole field was just a short walk from the South End Zone, and at that time was the only college baseball field with astroturf (if memory serves). Good memories. Love the expansion.

riccoar

The_Iceman

The_Iceman

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I've been having a difficult time finding this post the past couple weeks until now and im just now realizing why. I always found this thread by looking for my name in the "started by" column, but its not there anymore. My thread that I started (after it was locked due to comments, with permission of course) with over 12,000 views was merged with another thread and my name booted from it. Yeah its only an internet thread, but I've put a lot of time into it over the past few months keeping everyone updated. I just want my due diligence

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 12, 2017, 06:21:31 am
I've been having a difficult time finding this post the past couple weeks until now and im just now realizing why. I always found this thread by looking for my name in the "started by" column, but its not there anymore. My thread that I started (after it was locked due to comments, with permission of course) with over 12,000 views was merged with another thread and my name booted from it. Yeah its only an internet thread, but I've put a lot of time into it over the past few months keeping everyone updated. I just want my due diligence

Ask for a refund, haha. I posted the original thread with the links to the cameras last year, start there???

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Right lol. This thread was kind of "my baby" I was using it to get through the offseason. Now im just ready for kickoff to get here

ricepig

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 12, 2017, 07:34:08 am
Right lol. This thread was kind of "my baby" I was using it to get through the offseason. Now im just ready for kickoff to get here

We'll let you post your updates, those that don't visit the site will appreciate them.

goodguytex

I have a small question.... The NEZ construction... I was under the impression that the whole thing was going to completely connect the stadium where you will be able to walk in the stands all over. But the section being built now comes up short of connecting with the other side. Are they yet to start on the missing section or is the blank area going to be where the standing room only part will be? I'm just forgetting what the plan is there.

FraggleHog

Quote from: goodguytex on June 12, 2017, 10:58:12 am
I have a small question.... The NEZ construction... I was under the impression that the whole thing was going to completely connect the stadium where you will be able to walk in the stands all over. But the section being built now comes up short of connecting with the other side. Are they yet to start on the missing section or is the blank area going to be where the standing room only part will be? I'm just forgetting what the plan is there.

The empty area is where the SRO/ "Iconic NE opening" to the stadium will be. The concrete will be poured up so that someone can connect from the west side stands to the east side stands.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

goodguytex

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 12, 2017, 11:00:19 am
The empty area is where the SRO/ "Iconic NE opening" to the stadium will be. The concrete will be poured up so that someone can connect from the west side stands to the east side stands.
Ok. Thanks.

TrueBlue

The SRO/"Iconic NE Opening" makes the stadium look unfinished and unbalanced and will allow sound to "escape" to a certain degree.  But what the heck....

GuvHog

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 12, 2017, 11:39:50 am
The SRO/"Iconic NE Opening" makes the stadium look unfinished and unbalanced and will allow sound to "escape" to a certain degree.  But what the heck....

Since the lower level of the north end zone expansion will be completely closed in, I doubt much sound will escape.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

PonderinHog

Shoulda put in a zip line ride and saved that money!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on June 12, 2017, 11:46:13 am
Since the lower level of the north end zone expansion will be completely closed in, I doubt much sound will escape.

So now you're a sound engineer as well as a coaching longevity expert and who does or not deserve second chances expert...........I bow to your varied expertise.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GuvHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 12, 2017, 12:21:58 pm
So now you're a sound engineer as well as a coaching longevity expert and who does or not deserve second chances expert...........I bow to your varied expertise.

It doesn't take a sound engineer to know that having the lower part of the north end zone expansion completely enclosed will limit the amount of sound that escapes. It won't totally stop all of the sound from escaping but it will limit it.

Being a part time Southern Gospel recording artist for much of my life has allowed me to have some experience with sound.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: GuvHog on June 12, 2017, 01:00:08 pm
Being a part time Southern Gospel recording artist for much of my life has allowed me to have some experience with sound.

Now this is awesome.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: PonderinHog on June 12, 2017, 11:53:52 am
Shoulda put in a zip line ride and saved that money!
Now THAT would've been uncommon lol

PonderinHog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 12, 2017, 01:27:35 pm
Now THAT would've been uncommon lol
Woulda paid for the whole damn stadium!   8)

GoHogzzGo

I've wondered if they could take the top tier of sky boxes and just continue through the gap with those there instead. Ah well. The renderings look badass, and if we were that loud for Ole Miss last year, it should be very intimidating with the bottom bowl and all that glass added. Even with "the view".

hogcard1964

It doesn't take a sound engineer to know that having the lower part of the north end zone expansion completely enclosed will limit the amount of sound that escapes. It won't totally stop all of the sound from escaping but it will limit it.

GuvHog

Mike Irwin

Quote from: TrueBlue on June 12, 2017, 11:39:50 am
I don't like that design feature. I understand why Jeff Long signed off on it. Being able to see inside the stadium when you come down Maple has been a tradition as long as Razorback Stadium has existed. He has changed so many things since taking over as AD I assume Long felt like he had to compromise on this issue. But the fact is it takes away from what is, in every other respect, a great addition to the stadium.

rljjr

Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2017, 03:08:28 pm
I don't like that design feature. I understand why Jeff Long signed off on it. Being able to see inside the stadium when you come down Maple has been a tradition as long as Razorback Stadium has existed. He has changed so many things since taking over as AD I assume Long felt like he had to compromise on this issue. But the fact is it takes away from what is, in every other respect, a great addition to the stadium.

Agreed. It just looks "odd."

PonderinHog

Well, if we ever need the additional seating, we'll know right where to put them...

ricepig

Sivad

So true. I like to "look in" when no game being played but the stadium is for games and the viewing port should have been eliminated.

Inhogswetrust

It will have an unfinished look. If they want people to look into the stadium close it in and then have a gate open where people can go inside and look. I've done that at other SEC stadiums in the past. Not since 9-11 though.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on June 12, 2017, 03:05:57 pm
Where did you come up with that photo??

I Googled  Bad Gospel Albums

ImHogginIt

GuvHog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 12, 2017, 05:18:35 pm
I Googled  Bad Gospel Albums

Hopefully ours won't make that list.   :D

Mike Irwin

Quote from: Sivad on June 12, 2017, 03:52:34 pm
So true. I like to "look in" when no game being played but the stadium is for games and the viewing port should have been eliminated.
Well stated.

gchamblee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on June 12, 2017, 12:21:58 pm

Since studies show that most of Arkansas residents are overweight, the sound they emit while cheering on the hogs will be saturated with moisture. Sound waves that are saturated with moisture (like you see when you exhale in cold weather) is heavier than air and will naturally fall to the ground and expand out like smoke from dry ice. Having the lower deck completely enclosed will cause this sound to ripple around the stadium for up to 90 seconds after the cheer has been completed. You need not worry about sound escaping, we are good.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on June 13, 2017, 07:10:14 am
Since studies show that most of Arkansas residents are overweight, the sound they emit while cheering on the hogs will be saturated with moisture. Sound waves that are saturated with moisture (like you see when you exhale in cold weather) is heavier than air and will naturally fall to the ground and expand out like smoke from dry ice. Having the lower deck completely enclosed will cause this sound to ripple around the stadium for up to 90 seconds after the cheer has been completed. You need not worry about sound escaping, we are good.

If weight has anything to do with it they need to serve beer in all the areas so we can all get overweight!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on June 12, 2017, 01:57:46 pm
I've wondered if they could take the top tier of sky boxes and just continue through the gap with those there instead. Ah well. The renderings look badass, and if we were that loud for Ole Miss last year, it should be very intimidating with the bottom bowl and all that glass added. Even with "the view".
During the SEC Championship pregame media circus, Jalen Hurts admitted that Arkansas was the loudest place he played this season. Its gonna get even louder with this construction!

Jackrabbit Hog

We all know that hot air rises.  If the stadium is filled on game day with a bunch of Hogville posters, it'll be like watching a silent movie.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

sasnakrafan

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 13, 2017, 09:10:56 am
We all know that hot air rises.  If the stadium is filled on game day with a bunch of Hogville posters, it'll be like watching a silent movie.

+1 if i could

PonderinHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on June 13, 2017, 09:10:56 am
Just don't nobody light a match.   :-[

GoHogzzGo

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 13, 2017, 08:25:38 am
During the SEC Championship pregame media circus, Jalen Hurts admitted that Arkansas was the loudest place he played this season. Its gonna get even louder with this construction!

Ding ding. I'm excited. Going to be an intimidating environment. And it will be completed in time for Bama to return to RRS in 2018 for its first open year.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

theFlyingHog

For reference here is before demo

Gonna be loud AF in there