Treveon Johnson Decommits from OU

Started by ThisGuy, January 27, 2018, 02:19:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisGuy

Via Twitter visited last week hopefully a good sign for us

colbs

Just decommitted from OU.

nwahogfan1

Wow,  that should be very good news for us.   At least I would think.

colbs

Please delete I️ just seen someone beat me to it.

Razorpigg

Whoa! Did not expect that to happen. I would think that could not be bad news for us at all. Love this kids potential.

King Kong

I believe he is visiting the Vols next week. But considering location and his relationship with Stepp. We are in a good position

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on January 27, 2018, 02:31:19 pm
I believe he is visiting the Vols next week. But considering location and his relationship with Stepp. We are in a good position

OU people say it's Arkansas or JUCO.....

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 03:18:05 pm
OU people say it's Arkansas or JUCO.....

Well, I guess I should call the Vols coaches to let them know not to bother next week

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

King Kong

hawg1221

Quote from: King Kong on January 27, 2018, 03:26:28 pm
Well, I guess I should call the Vols coaches to let them know not to bother next week

Would you?  That would be so nice of you!

ricepig

I'm sure ours would appreciate that.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 03:29:15 pm
Why do players to go JUCO?

I'm aware.  So then if he's qualified, he only wants to go to UA?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 27, 2018, 03:34:13 pm
I'm aware.  So then if he's qualified, he only wants to go to UA?

IDK, ask the OU crootin writers, they said it, haha.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 03:39:27 pm

Yeah, but sometimes there's a why in there.  I'll just call Treveon.

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 03:39:27 pm

Sounds like a way for them to get in a snide remark on TJ.

ricepig

Quote from: redeye on January 27, 2018, 03:45:08 pm
Sounds like a way for them to get in a snide remark on TJ.

Well, they said it back when he didn't sign in the early period. Again, I don't know where he's going to sign, just repeating what I heard.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Nah.. Save your time and tell us how impossible it is just one more time...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

colbs

Isn't it tougher to get into Arkansas than OU?

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: colbs on January 27, 2018, 03:58:38 pm
Isn't it tougher to get into Arkansas than OU?
I believe so, I think the SEC requires a extra class. Math class maybe?

HogimusMaximus

colbs

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on January 27, 2018, 04:03:47 pm
No, it is easier.
Then Why did Tretola have to take an extra class at Arkansas while at OU he could have enrolled in the spring semester?

ricepig

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 27, 2018, 04:03:41 pm
I believe so, I think the SEC requires a extra class. Math class maybe?

Boys, you're over thinking this, all initial qualifiers have to meet the same requirements. I have no idea what his status is, I just reported what an OU reporter said. Truthfully, I'm more concerned about UT being in home last week and his visit next weekend.

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on January 27, 2018, 04:06:37 pm
Then Why did Tretola have to take an extra class at Arkansas while at OU he could have enrolled in the spring semester?

Because coming from JUCO isn't the same as being an initial qualifier.

redeye

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 03:54:05 pm
Well, they said it back when he didn't sign in the early period. Again, I don't know where he's going to sign, just repeating what I heard.

Thanks rice!

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 04:09:52 pm
Because coming from JUCO isn't the same as being an initial qualifier.
Gotcha.  I stand corrected!

Muskliketusk

Smart kid to want to come play in a real conference and not for a dying program like OU. They can't compete with they Mickey Mouse offense against good defense. Come play in the SEC and get ready for the NFL.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

aloha_kid

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 27, 2018, 02:22:33 pm
Wow,  that should be very good news for us.   At least I would think.

Or Tennessee.  He has a visit scheduled there next weekend.

Muskliketusk

Gooners trying to lie an say there coaches told him to kick rocks. Stinking liars.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

jackflash

jgphillips3

I like that he decommitted after visiting us but before visiting Tennessee.  Unless they $teal him, seems like we are in great shape.

James Tiberius Pork

I would hope Morris and crew could beat Tennessee for a Texas kid.

PlanoHog

As I posted last week OU didn't throw up roadblocks to him visiting Hogs or other schools. There were multiple reasons. That's why I said read into what you will. OU has stepped up their efforts elsewhere for WR in 2018 class and they have an a amazing group for 2019 leaning their way.
The entertainer formerly known as TheOtherWhiteMeat.

oldfart

looks like a great player but id rather put one of our limited scholarships into an OL or DL at this point.. WR is in OK condition id say.. at least not on life support

colbs

Quote from: oldfart on January 27, 2018, 10:42:28 pm
looks like a great player but id rather put one of our limited scholarships into an OL or DL at this point.. WR is in OK condition id say.. at least not on life support
You can't just take a player just to take him.  You address what you can then get the best available player no matter the position.

Hopeful Hog

Seebs

He looks great. However, he looks like he is playing against the cast of Time Bandits
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Polecat

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 28, 2018, 12:14:05 am
They have his 40 at 4.71. Is that right? That's pretty slow for his size.

He is way faster than 4.7
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

HogFoo

Kid runs a 4.37 not a 4.7!  Man his hudl looks great!  Yes, Chokelahomo fans , the ones who aren't trashing the kid or saying he was afraid of OU competition  seem to think he is a Hog or going Juco route cuz of grades.  Tenner fans seem to think they have him since he has a visit schedule next weekend for them.  And even tho he decommit after visiting us, tenner fans think it was after he got a inhome visit from Pruitt is why he decommit.  So who knows.  I know if I'm a WR  and he has the chance to play in what will be the most prolific offenses in nation let alone from sec, under a proven coach Morris who has shown what he will be doing, or playing for an unproven coach Pruitt who will be trying to emulate a Bama offense at Tenner without Bama players, I know which offense I'd rather play in! And it's not Tenner, it's Hogs!  A WR like that with that speed would be a monster in this offense!  The kid has a strong connection with coach stepp, who made a big impression on him at smu when TJ was a soph at a camp at smu.  Now that coach Stepp is at big time P5 school, it has really open the door to a lot of the same recruits Morris was talking too when he was at smu.  These Texas connections are helping us out tremendously! I just wish we had a full allotment of scholarship to give out! We'd probably have a top 15 class!  Future is bright hog fans!!!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I think this flip, if it happens to be us, will go a long way toward easing the dread in many of our HV posters. If it goes Tenner's way I see the dread locks growing at least another year.
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Seebs on January 28, 2018, 12:58:26 am
He looks great. However, he looks like he is playing against the cast of Time Bandits

That's funny! Hey, maybe the same thing applies to his OU de-commit...since the mayor of Time Bandit land will be the Sooners' quarterback next season.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

The Pulse

Put him on the board anyway. It's not like we're up against a 25 limit.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 28, 2018, 12:14:05 am
They have his 40 at 4.71. Is that right? That's pretty slow for his size.

ESPN is a terrible service to go by. But he's ranked higher there so that's why PITP used it I'm sure.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 28, 2018, 09:33:28 pm
ESPN is a terrible service to go by. But he's ranked higher there so that's why PITP used it I'm sure.
i linked it b/c otherwise people would refer to him as just a 3*, even though he is a 4 on half the services. Most cant watch tape and see talent lol.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Tim Harris

OneTuskOverTheLine™

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Seebs on January 28, 2018, 12:58:26 am

This didn't get the attention it deserved!  Nicely done (man that was a multi-decade throwback movie reference)!