Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nebraska hires

Started by HoggyCat, October 15, 2017, 02:53:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 04:53:00 pm
Long has become,and everyone in here has one in their family, the crazy uncle. He won't die and you can't get rid of him. He's going to be around until even the 'twenty somethings' on Hogville are dead and gone. We had a guy when I was living as a pledge at the Kappa Sig house. His first name was Paul and he lived in the only room on the top floor of the gothic style structure. Paul was 31 years old and I was 18. Paul was taking one hour as a 31 year old fried student in the subject of audio-visual. That was 1979, I wonder if Paul is still there. I know Jeffie is still there. And if Paul has moved on, I'm sure the AEKDB boys will allow Jeffie to live on the fourth floor of the Kappa Sig house.

Haha...anyone else remember the dude living in Val Kilmer's closet in "Real Genius?"  I think that's the same dude that played Uncle Rico--maybe the same dude in the Kappa Sig house!

Sorry, my ADD mind got sidetracked, your post led me astray!!

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

David†

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 04:53:00 pm
Long has become,and everyone in here has one in their family, the crazy uncle. He won't die and you can't get rid of him. He's going to be around until even the 'twenty somethings' on Hogville are dead and gone. We had a guy when I was living as a pledge at the Kappa Sig house. His first name was Paul and he lived in the only room on the top floor of the gothic style structure. Paul was 31 years old and I was 18. Paul was taking one hour as a 31 year old fried student in the subject of audio-visual. That was 1979, I wonder if Paul is still there. I know Jeffie is still there. And if Paul has moved on, I'm sure the AEKDB boys will allow Jeffie to live on the fourth floor of the Kappa Sig house.

What???

David†

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 15, 2017, 04:58:43 pm
Haha...anyone else remember the dude living in Val Kilmer's closet in "Real Genius?"  I think that's the same dude that played Uncle Rico--maybe the same dude in the Kappa Sig house!

Sorry, my ADD mind got sidetracked, your post led me astray!!

Exactly where my mind went too.

I just couldn't figure out the rambling..

sowmonella

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 03:04:27 pm
If they're not gonna let him go after turning a blind eye to rape, turning a blind eye to complaints from volleyball players of abuse followed by letters from parents followed by more player complaints, while twisting facts to actually fire a coach for a helluva lot less than either of these, then no, here not gonna let him go.  He's gonna have to leave on his own, and without somewhere to go,.....

In over 14 years on Hogville this is beyond any shadow of doubt the most ignorant, uninformed and idiotic post I have ever seen. This should be the standard to which all other moronic posts are judged. I can't believe anyone is this stupid.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HardCore

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 15, 2017, 04:56:49 pm
Moos's hire of Leach got him this new gig.

Actually, he's done well at a number of things but making the irrelevant FB program relevant again was a coup.

NE would like some of that.

So would we
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Athog

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 02:53:28 pm
Moos.  We'll be stuck with Long. No one wants him.

That is a stupid comment. You are never stuck with someone you can fire.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 15, 2017, 04:55:16 pm
There is much more excitement in that than there is in the actual games.
Tell us, Wilson, what else is there to talk about ? I'm serious.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

snoblind

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 03:04:27 pm
If they're not gonna let him go after turning a blind eye to rape, turning a blind eye to complaints from volleyball players of abuse followed by letters from parents followed by more player complaints, while twisting facts to actually fire a coach for a helluva lot less than either of these, then no, here not gonna let him go.  He's gonna have to leave on his own, and without somewhere to go,.....

I keep seeing references to rape and abuse in some of these threads.  What are we talking about?  Link?

Potosihog

Don't know why I haven't read about or even thought about the idea of Louisville looking for an ad.  I know long is not going anywhere but with their current PR mess would t it be fitting for them to hire Mr Integrity?  Oh boy, Bobby would explode.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: David† on October 15, 2017, 05:02:50 pm
What???
You are one of the "twenty something's I'm speaking of" in the post which you replied to with the word 'what' and felt the inner need to put three questions marks out beside your one word reply. A question myself if I might. Does the use of three question marks denote you are as vexed as one can possibly be ?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TebowHater on October 15, 2017, 04:07:00 pm
2 voted against formally, which effectively was a formal vote of no confidence in him as an AD (their pretend claims with the stadium were absurd, which if you go back and look on the threads at that time, there was near consensus even on Hogville on that point).

As I understand it others pushed back pretty hard in the discussions.

If you believe that then it's obvious to anyone with a brain that you have no clue what a vote of no confidence is.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

David†

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on October 15, 2017, 05:16:43 pm
You are one of the "twenty something's I'm speaking of" in the post which you replied to with the word 'what' and felt the inner need to put three questions marks out beside your one word reply. A question myself if I might. Does the use of three question marks denote you are as vexed as one can possibly be ?

Yes. 3 question marks denotes confusion. Back in 1982 I could throw a football over them mountains.

And no I'm far from twenty something. More than double actually.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2017, 04:45:58 pm
Well, he didn't play nice with Phil Knight and was let go at Oregon, and has overseen WSU to 41-53 up until this year. I guess he's a football guy, though.

Oregon could be a very hard job or very easy job..........it all depends on how you answer to basically one person only.........................Phil Knight.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 15, 2017, 05:23:37 pm
Oregon could be a very hard job or very easy job..........it all depends on how you answer to basically one person only.........................Phil Knight.

I'm guessing signing with Adidas would not be the best career move.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jneal56

Quote from: snoblind on October 15, 2017, 05:11:16 pm
I keep seeing references to rape and abuse in some of these threads.  What are we talking about?  Link?

I'm waiting for an explanation or link as well.
"At least we are moral"

farmhawg

Quote from: ricepig on October 15, 2017, 04:45:58 pm
Well, he didn't play nice with Phil Knight and was let go at Oregon, and has overseen WSU to 41-53 up until this year. I guess he's a football guy, though.
You sucking on that subsidy tit, figured you for an astate fan. Wonder why you are here?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: farmhawg on October 15, 2017, 05:47:48 pm
You sucking on that subsidy tit, figured you for an astate fan. Wonder why you are here?

You aren't very good at figuring, obviously.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: David† on October 15, 2017, 05:23:00 pm
Yes. 3 question marks denotes confusion. Back in 1982 I could throw a football over them mountains.

And no I'm far from twenty something. More than double actually.
Touche'

East Clintwood

Quote from: zeke_in_kc on October 15, 2017, 04:56:49 pm
Moos's hire of Leach got him this new gig.

Actually, he's done well at a number of things but making the irrelevant FB program relevant again was a coup.

NE would like some of that.

We need someone here that could make football relevant again.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Oklahawg

The last time the BOT was involved in a big hire they reached past the UA "geneology" to tab Joseph Steinmetz as chancellor. He came to UA from tOSU.

There is a segment of anti-Long sentiments that presume the BOT would hire someone "better" but I worry that simply means "more Razorback-ish." That is likely not in the cards. The institutional vision seems to be about widening our influences (which in turn widens our influence on others).

There is also a segment of anti-Long sentiments that do not value academics, integrity, or the student side of "student athlete." That is not going to fly at UA - UA has a vision to elevate to the "elite of the elite" over the next two decades. Athletics can join in but will not be allowed to control things.

Finally, the FBI involvement in recruiting antics in basketball has a lot of folks' attention. Shady program operations typically exist with some sort of tacit approval from an AD. As long as there is the potential for "academics, integrity, and an equal amount of 'student' and 'athlete'" Long is going to be a coveted commodity. By not just UA, of course, but specifically by UA.

Those are but three reasons why the BOT will not push on Long very hard. The other factor to note here is the satisfaction the Long Family has in NWA. I would not be surprised if he were to retire from UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HoggyCat

Quote from: HamIAm on October 15, 2017, 04:46:51 pm
some of you need to find another pass-time besides calling for people to be fired

***Some (caps). Pastime (spelling). Fired. (Punctuation)
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

Quote from: sowmonella on October 15, 2017, 05:06:20 pm
In over 14 years on Hogville this is beyond any shadow of doubt the most ignorant, uninformed and idiotic post I have ever seen. This should be the standard to which all other moronic posts are judged. I can't believe anyone is this stupid.

Call me stupid, ignorant and uninformed to my face.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/12/17/u-arkansas-volleyball-coach-resigns-after-letter-accuses-him-abuse

http://amp.timeinc.net/golf/tour-and-news/arkansas-golfers-suspended-after-voyeurism-arrest?source=dam

https://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/11/2312046/five-arkansas-players-suspended-amidst-accusations-of-rape
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Torqued pork

Long would be more appreciated at a rich and private school in the northeast that churns out more corporate bean counters than football and basketball players and wouldn't have it any other way. He's a worse fit in the SEC than his bumfuzzled football coach.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Tusks

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 15, 2017, 09:19:38 pm
The last time the BOT was involved in a big hire they reached past the UA "geneology" to tab Joseph Steinmetz as chancellor. He came to UA from tOSU.

There is a segment of anti-Long sentiments that presume the BOT would hire someone "better" but I worry that simply means "more Razorback-ish." That is likely not in the cards. The institutional vision seems to be about widening our influences (which in turn widens our influence on others).

There is also a segment of anti-Long sentiments that do not value academics, integrity, or the student side of "student athlete." That is not going to fly at UA - UA has a vision to elevate to the "elite of the elite" over the next two decades. Athletics can join in but will not be allowed to control things.

Finally, the FBI involvement in recruiting antics in basketball has a lot of folks' attention. Shady program operations typically exist with some sort of tacit approval from an AD. As long as there is the potential for "academics, integrity, and an equal amount of 'student' and 'athlete'" Long is going to be a coveted commodity. By not just UA, of course, but specifically by UA.

Those are but three reasons why the BOT will not push on Long very hard. The other factor to note here is the satisfaction the Long Family has in NWA. I would not be surprised if he were to retire from UA.

I sure as hell you're off on your assessment and that doesn't happen.  He can't get out quick enough for me.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jkstock04

Quote from: sowmonella on October 15, 2017, 05:06:20 pm
More uninformed and idiotic than someone guaranteeing this team would win 10 games minimum?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: longpig on October 15, 2017, 03:05:17 pm
The BOT knows Arkansas athletics is in good hands with Jeff Long.   He'll be here as long as he wants.

Ha you lost your sign, Jeff Foxworthy has it give him a call.

Cinco de Hogo

Fail!  The problem with your assessment is that part of our problem IS the BOT.  So many bad decisions over the years.

VirginiaHog

Correct

gchamblee

so the new scoop on long is that covers up rape claims?

jneal56

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 09:29:31 pm
Call me stupid, ignorant and uninformed to my face.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2015/12/17/u-arkansas-volleyball-coach-resigns-after-letter-accuses-him-abuse

http://amp.timeinc.net/golf/tour-and-news/arkansas-golfers-suspended-after-voyeurism-arrest?source=dam

https://www.sbnation.com/2009/11/11/2312046/five-arkansas-players-suspended-amidst-accusations-of-rape

Thank you for the links. Let me start by saying that I'm not happy at all about our current situation but from what I have read in those articles, it doesn't look to me like anything was ignored or covered up. All involved were suspended, kicked off the team or resigned before most likely being fired.

I'm not a Long fan right now because I'm pissed off about the football team. That being said, I'm biased because I want our football team to be winning games. But on the more broad aspect of the AD that we have, he is doing, and this pains me to say, overall a great job. Not anywhere in those articles did it have anything stating that UA did not take the correct steps unless I missed something.

I'm not taking sides here but if you put on the veil of ignorance (look it up if you don't understand what that means) and look at Jeff Long and the job he has done then you'd have to say he has done a whole lot more good than bad. I didn't see any evidence of covering up anything in those articles so you'll have to produce better evidence than that. I do recall the voyeurism and the rape allegations but I did not know about the Volleyball coach.
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 15, 2017, 10:26:27 pm
Ha you lost your sign, Jeff Foxworthy has it give him a call.

Bill Engvall man come on! Get it right when you insult someone!!!!
"At least we are moral"

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: jneal56 on October 16, 2017, 11:09:34 am
Bill Engvall man come on! Get it right when you insult someone!!!!

What? Jeff could still have his sign! LOL