Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEC's leading passer Shea Patterson is out for season with knee injury

Started by Kevin, October 22, 2017, 09:25:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

SOURCE: #OleMiss QB Shea Patterson is expected to miss the rest of this season with a knee injury.. 247Sports first reported the news.

what chances do the hogs have now
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Rayzback

Until we show we can stop the run.... none.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

ballz2thewall

man, that's too bad. he's a fine qb.
The rest of the frog.

Hogarusa

Believed the hogs were going to beat them before this news. As sad as the Hogs are, nowhere close to what is going on at Ole Miss
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

parallaxpig

who ever the QB is, he'll have a Heisman moment......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Qbackinman

To quote someone formerly from Arkansas "At this point, what difference does it make?"

Rayzback

I'm not sure if it's the day after blues or what... but 1-5 is where my hope level is this morning. 
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

HogSlop84

Fan1958

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 22, 2017, 09:29:59 am
who ever the QB is, he'll have a Heisman moment......

Beat me to it.  Arkansas makes every QB subbing for the injured starter look like Aaron Rodgers.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

hawgfan4life

Our tradition for allowing backup QBs to have career day stats will likely continue. 

Dominicanhog

DoctorSusscrofa

Now we'll have little or no film of OM.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Qbackinman on October 22, 2017, 09:33:13 am
To quote someone formerly from Arkansas "At this point, what difference does it make?"

+1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

goodguytex

We have a shot now at 5-7. I see no way we beat LSU or MSU. Rest we have a shot. Depends on if the team and coaches step up. At 5-7, we have shot at bowl.

PygmalionEffect2

Chance for their second string QB to look like a Heisman candidate against us.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Hogwild

October 22, 2017, 10:02:08 am #15 Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 10:19:58 am by Hogwild
torn PCL, will be in a cast for 4-6 weeks after the surgery which should occur later in the week. He  played for much of the second half with a brace on his knee. After the game, Patterson underwent an MRI, which revealed the torn PCL

Jordan Ta'amu will replace him, his only action on the season was last night.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4242418/jordan-taamu

The Hawg Marshal

I remember a few weeks ago people were excited about facing  a freshman QB for aTm . He supposedly couldn't throw a lick. Well we know how that turned out.

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on October 22, 2017, 09:59:30 am
Chance for their second string QB to look like a Heisman candidate against us.

That seems to be our MO. Any updates on Hayden?
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

DallasHogFan

Hate injuries for any kid, but this certainly helps the Hogs chances.
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, all right. We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some "Hogville Censored" muscle. -Wooderson

rtr

If we do eke out a win next Saturday against a crippled Ole Miss, this will be hailed as proof that things are headed in the right direction.  Sad but true.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Breems

Bielema's teams are special and find ways to lose. Don't worry.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

porkurina

Their new quarterback will like like an All American against us, and I don't hold the plaayers responsible

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: rtr on October 22, 2017, 01:47:45 pm
If we do eke out a win next Saturday against a crippled Ole Miss, this will be hailed as proof that things are headed in the right direction.  Sad but true.

If this happens, guaranteed that CBB will cry in the post game presser.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

jbcarol

AL.com sports‏Verified account @aldotcomSports

Ole Miss QB Shea Patterson out for year with torn knee ligament, report says

Leads SEC in passing yards

QuoteOle Miss quarterback Shea Patterson suffered a torn knee ligament on Saturday night against LSU and will miss the remainder of the season, Ole Miss Spirit of the 247 Sports Network is reporting.

According to the report, Patterson tore the posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee on a non-contact play in the first half of the Rebels' 40-24 loss in Oxford. The report cites Ole Miss head coach Matt Luke and Patterson's father, Sean Patterson Sr., as confirming the injury.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Ragnar Hogbrok

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

EulessHog

Whatever it takes to get Bielema gone.  Long should have sent out a message to console the fans already.  His rear end is gone too.
Go Hogs Go!

Pigsknuckles

"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

EastexHawg

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 22, 2017, 09:49:03 am
Now we'll have little or no film of OM.

They will have a very elementary game plan that involves the backup trying to run.  If we can't beat Ole Miss without their QB I'm not sure what P5 team we can beat.

Their defense is almost as bad as ours.  Bielema will try to run it down their throats, control the ball and the clock, and make a backup with less than 100 yards of career total offense make enough plays to beat us.  It's a formula he has ridden to a good chunk of his career SEC wins.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 22, 2017, 10:48:50 pm
They will have a very elementary game plan that involves the backup trying to run.  If we can't beat Ole Miss without their QB I'm not sure what P5 team we can beat.

Their defense is almost as bad as ours.  Bielema will try to run it down their throats, control the ball and the clock, and make a backup with less than 100 yards of career total offense make enough plays to beat us.  It's a formula he has ridden to a good chunk of his career SEC wins.

They only have 25 ball plays!  Let that sink in...

Now most or all of them I assume are RPO's and with the different running options and passing options they still only have 25 called plays. How much will they have to dumb that darn down..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.