Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It has been a LONG day for our AD

Started by Porkatarian, November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 08:27:45 pm
Pretty sure he's Rudy Baylor these days, with automatic spell check on every post.
You may be on to something.

BadHog

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 06:03:03 pm
Bert will be gone at the end of the year.

Jeff isn't out of the woods yet...millions of reasons why

Porkatarian out...

HA! I see what you did there!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 09, 2017, 08:24:02 pm
You seem like a one stock portfolio kind of guy and possibly bought all the shares at the $52 week high.
Enron... That's all I'm going to say...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Ironhawg

hog.goblin

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on November 09, 2017, 07:55:27 pm
Any word on the Pepsi contract?

If they'll switch back to Coke they can double my season ticket prices, keep Long, give Bret an extension, and let Nutt be associate AD.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 09, 2017, 08:30:43 pm
If they'll switch back to Coke they can double my season ticket prices, keep Long, give Bret an extension, and let Nutt be associate AD.
Man some of you guys really love your soft drinks.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hawgon on November 09, 2017, 08:31:41 pm
Bert is showing his true colors.
Yeah he's feeling kinda chippy lately. I would probably do the same , were I in his shoes.

Three and Snout

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:32:07 pm
Man some of you guys really love your soft drinks.

It just really sucks sneaking in your whiskey and your mixer.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Three and Snout on November 09, 2017, 08:35:04 pm
It just really sucks sneaking in your whiskey and your mixer.
I don't understand why you want to ruin your whiskey.

Ironhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:28:10 pm
https://twitter.com/Shadid13/status/928792918902657024

Wow.  Head coach picking verbal fights with the local media.  Might that be the act of a man who has been told his fate?

Three and Snout

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:37:36 pm

It's cheap...because I plan to drink a lot of it.   ;)

ricepig

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:37:36 pm

Exactly, ice, maybe a slash of water.

colbs

My concern is they will wait to fire Long which will delay the hire of the next HC.  I'm sure any potential HC will want to know who his boss is before he accepts the job.

Three and Snout

Quote from: ricepig on November 09, 2017, 08:39:47 pm
Exactly, ice, maybe a slash of water.

That's for at home.  Got a couple of these for the Woodford Reserve:

Scott7703

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 09, 2017, 07:52:04 pm
Much has been speculated about the difficultly of us hiring a coach with so many jobs potentially open. I predict that the number of open jobs will not hinder who we hire at all.

I like the way you think. Everyone get on the bus while there is room!

EastexHawg

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on November 09, 2017, 06:20:40 pm
So just curious about the logistics of replacing a head coach and the athletic director at the same time during the recruiting window between the end of the season and the end of January.  How would that work?  Somebody would need to hire a head coach and you wouldn't want it to be the guy who is on his way out the door.

One recruiting class possibly being somewhat disrupted is no reason to keep a failed coach or an AD who can't be trusted with the best interests of the athletic department.  What's the worst that will happen?  We won't be very good for a couple of years?  Well...guess what?  We've already been through six years of that with the current regime.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 09, 2017, 08:38:39 pm
Wow.  Head coach picking verbal fights with the local media.  Might that be the act of a man who has been told his fate?

Or just the immaturity of a coach who pays more attention to the media than putting a winning team on the field.  Pathetic

Coach, what is your screen name?

cjack

Much has been speculated about the difficultly of us hiring a coach with so many jobs potentially open. I predict that the number of open jobs will not hinder who we hire at all.

It didn't last time
Woooo Pig Soooie!

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Wildbill

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 09, 2017, 09:02:32 pm
Budweiser commercial equating to "well said"

May not have to pay BB anything,  JL may have a least 3 aces in the hole,  I'll leave it there!!!

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 08:48:29 pm
One recruiting class possibly being somewhat disrupted is no reason to keep a failed coach or an AD who can't be trusted with the best interests of the athletic department.  What's the worst that will happen?  We won't be very good for a couple of years?  Well...guess what?  We've already been through six years of that with the current regime.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not suggesting a change shouldn't be made.  But it's one thing to believe a change should be made and another to believe that there is anyone up there capable of doing this right.  Our track record hasn't been too good in awhile.  But we'll see.  I'm curious how they might do it if the AD chair is vacant.

hawgmasta

Seen rumblings on Facebook from a few former work colleagues that big news is coming soon, they're probably full of it but never seen them post about the razorbacks on a Thursday night like this. Interesting

31to6

Quote from: Ironhawg on November 09, 2017, 08:38:39 pm
Would be nice if he showed this kind of fight during a game when his team is laying down.

About the only thing that ever gets him worked up is if the ref's make a call that lets him show how well he knows the rules.

grayhawg

Quote from: hawgmasta on November 09, 2017, 09:21:56 pm
Seen rumblings on Facebook from a few former work colleagues that big news is coming soon, they're probably full of it but never seen them post about the razorbacks on a Thursday night like this. Interesting
Probably sometime around the 25-28 of this month :)

hawgmasta

Quote from: grayhawg on November 09, 2017, 09:28:20 pm
Probably sometime around the 25-28 of this month :)

Probably, just trying to act like they knew something first lol

jgphillips3

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 09, 2017, 08:33:27 pm
Yeah he's feeling kinda chippy lately. I would probably do the same , were I in his shoes.

If you were in his shoes, you would be crushed by the immense gravitational downforces being exerted upon you by his mass.  Oh, you meant figuratively...nevermind. 

Yeah, he's been chippy.  I guess realizing you can't just continue to be a massive F up and have your Hetero life partner AD save you tends to do that.

jgphillips3

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 08:48:29 pm

Don't forget, we only have 12 scholarships and some of them would be Hogs no matter what so how disrupted can recruiting really get?

31to6

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 09, 2017, 09:39:20 pm
Don't forget, we only have 12 scholarships and some of them would be Hogs no matter what so how disrupted can recruiting really get?
Agreed. And in any case, concern over a recruiting class is a horrible reason to retain a failing coach.

Case in point: Pel

ChicoHog

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 08:00:31 pm
Reading long enough to know the lay of the land a little. porkatarian has the info, guvhog is made fun of, gohogs1091 is a secret mississippi st fan, tctwf, [you] etc
Don't forget Forrest City Joe thinks Mike Anderson is a better coach than John Wooden, Mike K, Dean Smith and Bobby Knight. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: hog.goblin on November 09, 2017, 08:30:43 pm
If they switch back to Coke I'd rather drink Sierra Mist or anything else!  But I will draw he line at hiring Nutt back!   Keep my Pepsi please!

Batesville Hogfan

Quote from: OneLardAlmighty on November 09, 2017, 06:20:40 pm
So just curious about the logistics of replacing a head coach and the athletic director at the same time during the recruiting window between the end of the season and the end of January.  How would that work?  Somebody would need to hire a head coach and you wouldn't want it to be the guy who is on his way out the door.
JFB will come back from the grave as a zombie and become the AD again in order to make sure we don't screw up the next HC hire!

WhenPigsFly

Quote from: hawgball40 on November 09, 2017, 06:52:50 pm
can you explain what this means? I keep seeing that on here but don't get it.

To the pit of misery!  Pit of misery...dilly, dilly!

jrulz83

Every time I see dilly dilly all I can think of is boat trailers:

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Sivad

At the LEAST, by letting Jeff Long twist so publicly in the wind, the BOT has sent him a message to start looking.

texas tush hog

November 09, 2017, 10:52:43 pm #136 Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 11:25:55 pm by texas tush hog
Quote from: twistitup on November 09, 2017, 07:01:28 pm
Not buying....tarian is just guessing, presser tomorrow at 4

tarian's word is golden.

hogblitz

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 09, 2017, 08:48:10 pm

Are you saying you think Gus will be hired?  Or am I reading into it wrong?

Porkatarian

If you took personal trips on the company plane, would you keep your job?

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Porkatarian on November 09, 2017, 11:19:56 pm

Porkatarian out...
Late night bomb dropping. I like it.

sickboy

Porkatarian out...

No, but politicians and people in power seem to get away with that a lot.

hogblitz

Porkatarian out...
Do you think CBB is gone right after the final game OR end of calendar year?

Porkatarian

Quote from: hogblitz on November 09, 2017, 11:25:30 pm

I suspect after the final game

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: hogblitz on November 09, 2017, 11:25:30 pm
Has to be after the last game. Can't wait til January all the coaches will be settled by then and we'd end up with Tommy Bowden.

rzrbackramsfan

Porkatarian out...

The personal trips on the company plane is a new one. 

EastexHawg

Porkatarian out...

If this is all true and comes to light the irony "Mr. Integrity" being shown the door for it will be too rich and satisfying to believe.

Danimal

Quote from: Scott7703 on November 09, 2017, 08:48:10 pm

God I hope not.

MikePiazza

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 11:31:23 pm
If this is all true and comes to light the irony "Mr. Integrity" being shown the door for it will be too rich and satisfying to believe.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Not a win at all costs program, but I'll take a free flight for the family if you've got one. Better make sure I retweet the team accounts real quick before we take off.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Wilson. It's been a long strange trip, and multiple pointless bannings, but you have become a favorite poster.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: EastexHawg on November 09, 2017, 11:31:23 pm

What if he was having an affair with girl Bobby Petrino had one with.