Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hog ball in 06-07

Started by nobballconcept, January 10, 2006, 07:45:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nobballconcept

As much as I am angry at what I have seen so far this year with Heath (this includes some ugly wins like Texas State), you got to believe that next year is really the year.  Ervin flat out beat us last year in BWA.  he made our guards look slow and bad.  he hit the clutch shot to win the game.  you add him to this team, we win last saturday b/c he breakS down the defense and kick the ball around where needed not to mention he can shoot better than what we have now.  Add him to the starting PG, if Brewer stays, Weems can slash and score and rebound, maybe Washington can rebound unless Heath teaches him like he has Townes and Hill and get those two in the weight room so they can actually post someone up without getting pushed around...maybe just maybe we can be a team worthy of some attention.  For the last few days I have bashed Heath and his talk of last week but possibly willing to give him next year with the addition of a true PG.  BUT,  STAN WAKE UP AND PLAY MCCURDY MORE.  HE HAS HEART AND THE REST OF YOUR TEAM DOES NOT HAVE IT.  LET HIM MAKE SOME MISTAKES BUT HE WILL BE THE LEADING REBOUNDER ON THE TEAM TOMORROW IF HE GETS 10 MINUTES OF PLAY.

BurleyHog

You give the talent that the hogs have to any other good coach in the country and they win the national championship.  Heath isn't doing the job.  He has got to do better.   >:(

RoboRazor

Heath's recruiting is the only reason he's still here. I say let him build up the talent and then get rid of him. End of next year sounds good.

nobballconcept

Even Heath might look good next year with the talent we have.  Ervin will be like having a coach on the floor.  I expect we are stuck with him for several more years unless his team just quits on him (which is possible).  they seem to have his personality...

MCPeePants

I'm skeptical of how good we're going to be next year without Brewer and Modica.

We *really* need a Bradley-type shooter capable of punishing all these zone defenses.   

RoboRazor

Quote from: MCPeePants on January 10, 2006, 07:57:42 pm
I'm skeptical of how good we're going to be next year without Brewer and Modica.

We *really* need a Bradley-type shooter capable of punishing all these zone defenses.

we have at least 2 of those "bradley-types" that don't see much playing time-

berryhog

Quote from: BurleyHog on January 10, 2006, 07:47:22 pm
You give the talent that the hogs have to any other good coach in the country and they win the national championship. Heath isn't doing the job. He has got to do better. >:(

I love the Hogs as much as anyone,  but to say any good coach could bring us a NC with this bunch is not at all true IMO.  I think we have some solid players, but we don't have a complete team.  We lack a consistent perimeter threat and don't have a solid inside game.  Heath is completely responsible for the performance of the team, but I just don't feel there is enough talent there to win a NC no matter who the coach.

BurleyHog

I agree with you on the point that it is up to the coach.  You may be right.  I still don't like the style of ball that Heath presents.  I guess I just love the 40 minutes of HELL.  I don't agree with anything Nolan said about the University or anything afterward, but just think what he could have done with this group.

Ugly Uncle

All the good teams that Nolan had...every player could shoot.

Who on our team can really shoot outside.
Retired Radio Host

MCPeePants

Quote from: Hog Mild on January 10, 2006, 08:00:12 pm

Munsey and Cranford? That's definitely a stretch.

RoboRazor

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 10, 2006, 08:11:45 pm

preston cranford, sean mccurdy, and the other guy I forget his name cause we hardly ever see him

BurleyHog

berryhog

Quote from: BurleyHog on January 10, 2006, 08:07:34 pm
I agree with you on the point that it is up to the coach. You may be right. I still don't like the style of ball that Heath presents. I guess I just love the 40 minutes of HELL. I don't agree with anything Nolan said about the University or anything afterward, but just think what he could have done with this group.

I don't like his style of ball either.  It is a complete 180 from where we were in the 90's, when we had so much success. 

MCPeePants

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 10, 2006, 08:11:45 pm

Nobody can consistently. Guys like Rimac, Dwight Stewart, Clint McDaniel would easily be the best 3-point shooters on this team and they weren't even in the same league with 2 of their own teammates (Dillard and Thurman of course)

Supposedly Cranford can but nobody really knows since he never sees the court.

Ryan McBride was supposed to be a shooter but I guess that's not happening.

RoboRazor

Quote from: MCPeePants on January 10, 2006, 08:13:07 pm

yeah well we really don't know because we never see them....why else would they be on the team? because they can rebound? block shots? They can shoot the ball they just can't create their own shot (but neither could bradley)

Quote from: MCPeePants on January 10, 2006, 08:13:07 pm

nobballconcept

we do not know about mccurdy b/c he only gets 2 minutes a game.  plus , he is slow to shoot probably b/c he knows he will be pulled if he misses.

MCPeePants

Quote from: Hog Mild on January 10, 2006, 08:17:22 pm
yeah well we really don't know because we never see them....why else would they be on the team? because they can rebound? block shots? They can shoot the ball they just can't create their own shot (but neither could bradley)

There has to be something holding them back that prevents them from playing. I don't know if it's a complete inability to handle the ball or play defense or what, but I seriously doubt Munsey and Cranford are 2 Pat Bradley clones just wasting away on the bench. 

Ugly Uncle

Bradly didn't have many great moves ....that is true.  But he has the quickest release I have ever seen.  He didn't need much to any space to get his shot off.

Even go back to the early 90's teams.  Every guy on the court could not be left open.

94-95 team...you might leave Corliss open outside...but that was it.
Retired Radio Host