Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 04:27:57 pm

Nutt poll

Started by dmhog v2.0, August 03, 2006, 01:34:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dmhog v2.0

I know this has been done many times before, but I'd like to see how many folks actually think Nutt is "the right man for the job." How many of you think Nutt is the best possible coach in the country for the Arkansas job? Please, none of this "He's our coach so I support him" crap. Do you honestly think that there is no other coach that we could acquire that Arkansas would be better off with short term or long term?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Wolfhound05

I have no problem with Houston Nutt being the head coach.  He is a stand up man and a great motivator.  My only problem with him was that he was calling the plays and now that has been taken care of.

Ugly Uncle

no
nah
nope
no way
not hardly
Retired Radio Host

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 03, 2006, 01:58:19 am
Quote from: uglyuncle on August 03, 2006, 01:57:47 am
no
nah
nope
no way
not hardly

^^^^^^^^^

Is a closet Nutt fan.

You want to fight?  I know you are twice my size (in height) but I am fat and you are skinny...so...next tailgate...you and me.  We will duke it out.
Retired Radio Host

Lando Calrissian

You would snap me over your knee like a twig.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Lando Calrissian

But then I would poke you in the eyes and run away screaming like a little girl.

Ugly Uncle

Nope.  You have that calmness of a warrior about you.  Like you are silently saying, "I'm your friend, but if I needed to, I could kill you with my pinkie."
Retired Radio Host

Lando Calrissian

I prefer covert operations, like sneaking into your house and putting up Mike Markuson posters on your bedroom walls...

Ok, I just creeped myself out.   :-X

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: uglyuncle on August 03, 2006, 02:07:03 am
Nope.  You have that calmness of a warrior about you.  Like you are silently saying, "I'm your friend, but if I needed to, I could kill you with my pinkie."

Just slap him like a man and get it over with.

dmhog v2.0

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on August 03, 2006, 02:16:36 am
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 03, 2006, 02:14:07 am
I prefer covert operations, like sneaking into your house and putting up Mike Markuson posters on your bedroom walls...

WTH are you doing with Markuson posters in the first place????

You don't want to go there, dude.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on August 03, 2006, 02:14:07 am

At the next tailgate I will have to tell you the story of my roommate in college...his life size Michael Jordan poster falling off the wall and landing on me at 2 a.m.

You have not heard screaming like a girl until you have heard that story...

Well, I basically just told you the story.

Anyway...serious screaming.
Retired Radio Host

Lando Calrissian

An old roommate of mine had a life-size cardboard standee of Humphrey Bogart.

We also had an "old man" Halloween mask in the house.

Lets just say that the combination of the two made for a great prank more than a few times.

And I was on the receiving end of the old man Bogart many times.

And yes, I screamed like a little girl more than once.

Unexpectedly coming face to face with that thing in a dark hallway in the middle of the night is NOT a fun experience.

MrSpook1352

I voted no.  I like him.  I don't think he's a bad guy.  I don't like it when people are rude, crude or just plain mean about him.  But I wanted T Tuberville when he was hired and he hasn't done as well as I would like.  I don't really think anybody will win 9 or more every year, but 3 years with 6 or less wins is too many (even though I think Frank's buddygate scandal weakened recruiting even more than it was).  Bottom line: Nutt is our current coach and I will respect him as a Razorback, I will hope he's successful this year, I will tolerate him if he becomes more regularly successful, but I don't think he's ultimately the man for the job.

hogsNbeer

I voted no...because there was no "HELL NO" selection.....

HoopS

Why Beerman, I thought you loved Coach?   Shocker...

;)

Hawgasaurus

I thought this was going to be a "which game WILL he be fired after" poll...
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

EastexHawg

"Best possible coach in the country for the Arkansas job"?

I'll vote as soon as I stop laughing long enough to gain control of my fingers...and as soon as I can wipe the coffee I blew through my nose off the screen.

Swino

Please define what "the job is", that would give you a better census.  Some fans think that 8 wins is the pinnacle while others, like myself, think that 8 wins should be the valley.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hoophogs on August 03, 2006, 08:40:54 am
Why Beerman, I thought you loved Coach?   Shocker...

;)

oh hoop, don't make go thru that again....I was having a pretty good day so far.....I don't need to get in too deep on this one.....It'll curve my day into a spiral down slide..........      You agree with me though...

Hawgzilla

When HDN was first hired I thought he would do a great job,but the last few years and all the excuses have really got me down on Dale......He is a nice guy and all that,but I just feel in my heart that we will only be a 7-8 wins a year program with HDN at the helm......I'm giving him this year and that's it.We should win at least 9-10 games this year,so it's time for HDN to put up or get out......... :razorback:

HogISH™

Quote from: MrSpook1352 on August 03, 2006, 08:27:27 am
I voted no.  I like him.  I don't think he's a bad guy.  I don't like it when people are rude, crude or just plain mean about him.  But I wanted T Tuberville when he was hired and he hasn't done as well as I would like.  I don't really think anybody will win 9 or more every year, but 3 years with 6 or less wins is too many (even though I think Frank's buddygate scandal weakened recruiting even more than it was).  Bottom line: Nutt is our current coach and I will respect him as a Razorback, I will hope he's successful this year, I will tolerate him if he becomes more regularly successful, but I don't think he's ultimately the man for the job.

good job... way to derail a good thread :)

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

HoopS

I don't know Hogish, wasn't that more of a temporary hijacking of a thread?  :P

GuvHog

Quote from: Swino on August 03, 2006, 08:51:27 am
Please define what "the job is", that would give you a better census.  Some fans think that 8 wins is the pinnacle while others, like myself, think that 8 wins should be the valley.

I politely disagree Swino, I don't see 8 wins as the valley, I see 8 wins as half way up the mountain. It's past time to move on up.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Donald Miller

Nutt is not even close to being the guy for the job.  His egotistical, self-centered, insecure behavior will be his demise.   

BILLYBOB

It's pretty amazing after two horrible seasons, 40% of the people on this board (which is overwhelmed with 'Darksiders") voted Nutt the man for the job.  I'd have to think the general population of the Razorback Nation probably supports him overwhelmingly.  Just an observation.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

dmhog v2.0

why is this in the trash can?

Lando Calrissian