Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

According to sources, Mitch Mustain...(please note: this is an old thread)

Started by Lando Calrissian, May 17, 2005, 04:50:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lando Calrissian

...is playing for Springdale next season.

Lets chill and let the guy play is senior season before we declare him the lord and saviour of college football.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

PorcineSublime

Amen, preach it brother. Let the boy be a boy for a little longer. Another thing. Should he choose another school, the grass won't quit growing on the field, and the staduim will not fall to the ground. Now whether or not it will cost the coach his job, that is a bit too far into the future to tell.WPS
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

SuperHog

this is a 17/18 year old kid.  Chill on the "Mustain is God" talk.  If it is meant to be, Mitch will be a Hog.  If not, I'm pretty sure the sun will still rise and the Hogs will still win FB games...

maybe just not as many.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

hoggerdinger

I agree.  I personally think if he doesn't act like he is interested we shouldn't kiss his ass.

Razorback Jedi

All this Mustain talk sure does speak volumes of what the fans think about this year's team. Folks must be expecting a brutal year to be talking about one guy so much...

Bomis Hawg

....seems that way.  Casey Dick should just go ahead and transfer.  By the way thinks are being said, he's just the odd man out. 

Bomis Hawg

Bomis Hawg

Yeah, I am in the land of Phulmer.  The opposite sex is grand, huh?  ::)

hogsanity

Quote from: Jones and Mustain: Who is the next Hog Man Crush on May 18, 2005, 01:51:32 pm
All this Mustain talk sure does speak volumes of what the fans think about this year's team. Folks must be expecting a brutal year to be talking about one guy so much...

HMMM lets see.  No experience to speak of at QB,  a D that was torched last year ( with a dif DEf Cord we must note ), no real standout speedster at RB.  Only one bonified receiver ( Monk ), and a schedule that sends us to USC, GA, LSU, AL and Ole Miss, and brings to us SC and AUB.  Gee, why should anyone think we might have a bad year.  I see 7-4 being tops REALISTICALLY.  We should win 2 non-conf games.  Beat Vandy and MSU.  THen just to finish 6-5 we have to get 2 more somewhere.  SC at home, still gotta beat either AUB, AL, LSU or Ole miss. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Brett Hitman Hog

Nice post Lando ... and to think I made a joke about your Star Wars love during the meeting today ... I almost feel bad now, but I don't.

PigPusher

Perhaps it won't be so bad.  There is some history that would show otherwise.  The year before our only national championship the Razorbacks went a sad 5-5 and they were even thinking about benching the quarterback because he was being ineffective.

The next year though with a reinvigorated defense the hogs won them all.   I believe five of the games were shut-outs.  We have a energized defense coming into this upcoming campaign.  Our team might surprise.  Its happened before.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: The Hitman on May 18, 2005, 03:30:24 pm
Nice post Lando ... and to think I made a joke about your Star Wars love during the meeting today ... I almost feel bad now, but I don't.

Don't be surprised if I'm "sick" tomorrow.  ;)

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

tophawg19

SO . CAROLINA will be tough to spurrier and thompson will have them ready to go by the time we get to them.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Lando Calrissian

rathog1

Quote from: PigPusher on May 18, 2005, 04:32:48 pm
Perhaps it won't be so bad. There is some history that would show otherwise. The year before our only national championship the Razorbacks went a sad 5-5 and they were even thinking about benching the quarterback because he was being ineffective.

The next year though with a reinvigorated defense the hogs won them all. I believe five of the games were shut-outs. We have a energized defense coming into this upcoming campaign. Our team might surprise. Its happened before.

For the record since 64 we have had 10 seasons with 5 or less wins (counting 04). In the 9 seasons since 64 following the 5 or less wins we have won 0 National Championships. That number will be 10 after next year.

For the record after the starter Billy Moore graduated, Frank went with 3 QB's in 63. Fred Marshall went to Frank and told him he deserved the starting job. Frank agreed and the rest is history.

Hogking 7-09-05
11:42:25 PM
this will be a 1998 type season maybe better

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on May 18, 2005, 01:53:31 pm
....seems that way.  Casey Dick should just go ahead and transfer.  By the way thinks are being said, he's just the odd man out. 
still think that :P

Lando Calrissian

*whew*

I thought someone had hacked into my account there for a second.

Lando Calrissian

This thread made A LOT more sense given the context of the other threads that were being made on the subject at the time.

On its own, even I admit, it looks really freaking stupid.

GrizzledHogFan

Sheesh.  What's with all the dredging up of old threads?  It's freaking me out, man.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: gmb_79 on July 28, 2006, 02:54:59 am
Sheesh.  What's with all the dredging up of old threads?  It's freaking me out, man.
Sorry, I thought it was funny. Check the politics thread. I dug up the thread when gas was $2 a gallon.

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: pioneerbasketball on July 28, 2006, 02:56:27 am
Quote from: gmb_79 on July 28, 2006, 02:54:59 am
Sorry, I thought it was funny. Check the politics thread. I dug up the thread when gas was $2 a gallon.

I saw that one, but I didn't even notice the date on it.  I wondered about all the complaints about $2 gas.  I thought people were crazy there for a minute.   ;D
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.