Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cameron Vail... Who's seen him ?

Started by lumphog, February 08, 2018, 07:35:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lumphog

pigture perfect

I have. He has enough speed. He has a nose for the football and will knock you out. Love this kid.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogindasticks

#1 STUNNA

One things for sure.. he's not scared of contact

WBOBO

Man that kid has a nose for being around the ball.  Seems to have great instincts.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

MinerMan24

pigture perfect

He played on the 16 and under US national team. Yes there is such a thing. He started for them.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jackflash

Is he a late offer or preferred walk on

OneTuskOverTheLine™

So what's the deal..? Walk On? Additional commit?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

pigture perfect

Preferred walk on at this point. I know Cam, I bet he gets a scholarship soon.

NoogaHog

Quote from: Hogindasticks on February 08, 2018, 08:55:04 pm
https://www.hudl.com/profile/2722618/Cameron-Vail

He loves to hit, no doubt about that.

He does love contact, but I'm pretty sure that is an ejection in college at 1:15
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Damn..! Is he going to be Cam the impaler, or Vail the nail?
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

JIHawg

jgphillips3

Quote from: JIHawg on February 09, 2018, 09:01:54 am
What would be his college position?

6'1", 185 pounds, 4.5 speed (per hudl)...safety?

bphi11ips

Quote from: jgphillips3 on February 09, 2018, 10:42:40 am
6'1", 185 pounds, 4.5 speed (per hudl)...safety?

Could turn out to be a tall Tony Bua. Sure tackler with an attitude.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I guess sometimes it just comes together just right. You have a kid that is worthy of a scholarship, but has the grades and test scores to get an academic full ride. I am probably as excited about this guy as any of them. Even if he does nothing but coverage on special teams I bet the SEC winds up knowing his name real soon. The other guy who gets me worked up is Mike Woods. He can block better than he can catch, and he's a stud at catching the ball.! Just a freak at the position, and that makes us better right now. He's gonna contribute heavily next year.

oldbear

Unfortunately, I've gotten to watch him play one game a year for the last three years.  I personally think he is a steal as a walk on.  It's good to finally get to cheer for him instead of against him.

hoghappy

My dad coached him in peewee football. One of his favorite kids ever. That's where he first played safety. (In the 6th grade) their team went undefeated and he was a major reason why.

LA Football fan

What is  exciting about him, is that when he hits you, the ball goes flying.  Creating turnovers on defense is a key component in todays game.  Virtually impossible to stop a good offense now with the rules that are in place.  He  also showed good instincts in moving off his man to another and getting an interception.

bennyl08

Doesn't seem to have SEC speed at the safety position. Listed as a 4.5 forty but that doesn't show on the tape. If he can put on about 40 pound without losing too much speed, he could be a solid LB for us. Maybe 30 pounds and play a LB/S hybrid role. Could also be very good on special teams though again, with that speed would be susceptible to getting burned by some of the better returners in the SEC.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hogindasticks

Quote from: bennyl08 on February 09, 2018, 06:26:43 pm
Doesn't seem to have SEC speed at the safety position. Listed as a 4.5 forty but that doesn't show on the tape. If he can put on about 40 pound without losing too much speed, he could be a solid LB for us. Maybe 30 pounds and play a LB/S hybrid role. Could also be very good on special teams though again, with that speed would be susceptible to getting burned by some of the better returners in the SEC.

I think your right, but he does have a linebacker mentality by how he hits.

LA Football fan

And the returners would be susceptible to getting hammered with his mentality.  You also have 10 other players on special teams that would be assisting him, so it isn't like  he  would be  one on one with the  returner.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 12:39:24 pm
I guess sometimes it just comes together just right. You have a kid that is worthy of a scholarship, but has the grades and test scores to get an academic full ride. I am probably as excited about this guy as any of them. Even if he does nothing but coverage on special teams I bet the SEC winds up knowing his name real soon. The other guy who gets me worked up is Mike Woods. He can block better than he can catch, and he's a stud at catching the ball.! Just a freak at the position, and that makes us better right now. He's gonna contribute heavily next year.
Mike woods is my guy. he's cool af on twitter. I LOVE his film, too. He Literally DESTROYS people who try to jam him unlike anything I've ever seen a WR do.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

OneTuskOverTheLine™

You really were stretching for something to be negative about. The kid is so fast and smart that he doesn't have to move full speed until he actually HAS to do so. Go back and watch that film again...

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 09, 2018, 07:52:03 pm
both are acceptable
You my boy Pokey... I don't care that you had the stank on you. That DG thang broke the curse.!!

bennyl08

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 09, 2018, 07:00:53 pm
And the returners would be susceptible to getting hammered with his mentality.  You also have 10 other players on special teams that would be assisting him, so it isn't like  he  would be  one on one with the  returner.

And the team who scores the most point wins. Great insight Mr. Madden. ;)

But seriously, I wasn't trying to say that it would be all on him type of thing though re-reading my post, I did a terrible job of conveying that. In my head, I was thinking more about how the teams with really high caliber athlete backups tend to do very well on special teams return coverage and how teams that otherwise have good starters but poor depth in terms of athletic quality tend to be susceptible to giving up bigger returns. For that matter, several teams in the NFL will even have some of their all pro defenders regularly play on special teams and they typically have some of the best return coverage units.

Sure, there's probably a couple returns over the course of the season where the length of the return could be traced back to a specific individual and I did word my earlier post as if it would be all on him. Which was incorrect. I was trying and failed to imply that I think he could be a real message sender on special teams but we need to take car to have good speed overall on special teams if we want to rock solid at return coverage. I.e. don't oversell wanting a big hit on special teams and give up speed and sure tackling in the process.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on February 09, 2018, 11:46:19 pm
You my boy Pokey... I don't care that you had the stank on you. That DG thang broke the curse.!!
man, have you seen his film? DG is a freaking ANIMAL

B Ray

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 10, 2018, 09:21:58 am
man, have you seen his film? DG is a freaking ANIMAL
i agree , he is a BEAST , DL is going to be strong this year