Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brad Stewart

Started by colbs, January 03, 2017, 10:50:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Not sure the chances but looks like he will take a visit to Arkansas. 

http://gridironnow.com/brad-stewart-cornerback-recruit/

http://247sports.com/Player/Brad-Stewart-75563

If he's looking for early playing time then Arkansas would be a good choice.

31to6

ADavisTheGOAT

Didn't Stewart just release his top schools not too long ago and we weren't included?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

colbs

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 03, 2017, 10:57:31 pm
Didn't Stewart just release his top schools not too long ago and we weren't included?
I have no idea but just seen this which had them in his top 5.

Scott7703

Yep the list had Kansas on it and some others. The article from Colbs is from today though

aloha_kid

Title of article:  Arkansas, Florida among final 5 for 4-star CB Brad Stewart

"I have narrowed it down to Florida, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, USC, Oklahoma, Arizona State and Kansas," Stewart told GN.

That doesn't look like 5 teams lol.

jackflash

lets get on campus and go from there

King Kong

Yes. Unless FL doesn't take him, we have zero chance

King Kong

Quote from: jackflash on January 04, 2017, 09:29:09 am
lets get on campus and go from there

We always exceed expectations once they arrive on campus

TexasRazorback

Helps we have a cousin on the team but we see it every year, Just because you have a family member doesn't mean you land the recruit.

scooby21322

Quote from: King Kong on January 04, 2017, 09:43:50 am
We always exceed expectations once they arrive on campus

We do?

ArkansasI

Someone might tell Brad that we beat the crap out of Florida this year.  His interview made Arkansas sound unworthy of his services - like some sort of charity case because of his cousin being on the team.

We're better than that Brad.  Buckle up Brad... let's play.  GO HOGS!

WooPig90

Quote from: aloha_kid on January 04, 2017, 05:19:27 am
Title of article:  Arkansas, Florida among final 5 for 4-star CB Brad Stewart

"I have narrowed it down to Florida, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, USC, Oklahoma, Arizona State and Kansas," Stewart told GN.

That doesn't look like 5 teams lol.

This is article is from middle of december. Lists his top 6 but no arkansas..

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-recruiting-brad-stewart-top-6

King Kong

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 04, 2017, 04:00:57 pm
This is article is from middle of december. Lists his top 6 but no arkansas..

He has re-added us since then

Below is the article below when he originally eliminated us. Warning it ain't pretty

King Kong

Quote from: scooby21322 on January 04, 2017, 03:26:23 pm
We do?

Yep, every single time. Has a lot to do with the negative preconceived opinion of Arkansas

scooby21322

Quote from: King Kong on January 04, 2017, 04:06:49 pm
Yep, every single time. Has a lot to do with the negative preconceived opinion of Arkansas

Maybe we had different ideas of what expectations we're exceeding.  Everyone seems surprised at how nice Arkansas is, but we never seem to nab recruits that we're not supposed to get as a result of getting them on campus. 

King Kong

Quote from: scooby21322 on January 04, 2017, 04:52:49 pm
Maybe we had different ideas of what expectations we're exceeding.  Everyone seems surprised at how nice Arkansas is, but we never seem to nab recruits that we're not supposed to get as a result of getting them on campus.

Never? Brian Wallace, Jalen Merrick, Frank Ragnow, Alex Collins, Denver Kirkland and Whaley. Those are just off the top of my head that recruiting media did have coming to Arkansas

hobhog

Quote from: King Kong on January 04, 2017, 09:42:47 am
Yes. Unless FL doesn't take him, we have zero chance

You'd make a great recruiter like many Eyores on this forum....

RME

January 05, 2017, 12:15:30 am #18 Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 12:54:45 am by RyanMallettsEgo
Quote from: King Kong on January 04, 2017, 05:16:04 pm
Never? Brian Wallace, Jalen Merrick, Frank Ragnow, Alex Collins, Denver Kirkland and Whaley. Those are just off the top of my head that recruiting media did have coming to Arkansas

Whaley committed to Georgia like the Monday after his weekend visit to Fayetteville.

But, I get what you're saying. Yes that list is a pretty solid one, but I do feel like more often than not we put too much stock into just "getting them up to Fayetteville."

A church-camp high can only last so long.

Oklahawg

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on January 05, 2017, 12:15:30 am

A church-camp high can only last so long.

I feel a quote from HDN coming on....
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

RME

lefty08

From what I've read it is us or Florida
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

jackflash

I think we have a chance  here. with what we already recruited at DB with we add Stewart, Calloway and the kid from Oklahoma . we had a good year in recruiting if we just get two of them