Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jaden Hill

Started by bulldog04, December 24, 2016, 07:01:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

I didn't see it posted anywhere but Jaden committed to LSU to play baseball last night

factchecker

Class of 2018 recruit.

I'm sure he has an offer from DVH.  Hopefully, we can get things turned around this baseball season and convince him to give us another shot.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

trphog

If he's good enough to commit this early to LSU he may never make it to college anyway. Either way way, best of luck to the young man. A baseball scholly to LSU would be a hard thing to turn down. It will be interesting to see how things turn out for him. He already has a handful of decent football offers too. With a whole season left to play.

ricepig

Quote from: trphog on December 24, 2016, 08:47:26 am
If he's good enough to commit this early to LSU he may never make it to college anyway. Either way way, best of luck to the young man. A baseball scholly to LSU would be a hard thing to turn down. It will be interesting to see how things turn out for him. He already has a handful of decent football offers too. With a whole season left to play.

Yeah, no different that kids we get to commit to baseball. We lose more to the draft than LSU will out of commits on a yearly basis.

yraciv

We aren't as far behind LSU in baseball as we are UK in basketball.  I expect some Monk like ridicule coming to the young man for committing to our rival and attempting to beat the Razorbacks for 3 straight years. At least we'll only see Monk once or twice.

Richard Davenport

Not saying this is the case but it could be that LSU offered more scholarship money. Baseball only has 11.7 scholarships to give out.

bulldog04

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 27, 2016, 12:35:49 pm
Not saying this is the case but it could be that LSU offered more scholarship money. Baseball only has 11.7 scholarships to give out.
Is he planning on just playing baseball or do you know?  It seems LSU has had few dual sport athletes lately.

tophawg19

if he commits to baseball , i don't think he can play football. however if he commits to football , he can play baseball. i don't understand the restrictions but i remember us running into this a few years ago.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 27, 2016, 07:48:07 pm
if he commits to baseball , i don't think he can play football. however if he commits to football , he can play baseball. i don't understand the restrictions but i remember us running into this a few years ago.

He can play football, he just has to go on a football scholarship.

tophawg19

i always thought that was odd , since a walk on can play both
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ricepig

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 27, 2016, 08:05:22 pm
i always thought that was odd , since a walk on can play both

It was to keep Bear Bryant from starting a water polo team at Bama and stacking it with football players, now days, insert Saban or Jones.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: bulldog04 on December 27, 2016, 04:50:16 pm
Is he planning on just playing baseball or do you know?  It seems LSU has had few dual sport athletes lately.

He's focusing on baseball.