Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kyrie Fisher signing his FAA tomorrow with the Hogs

Started by ricepig, December 18, 2016, 04:45:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 11:29:30 am
Lol, you are such a peach....

Thanks man, that's sweet...a little strange maybe but still sweet...

Hollywood870

Question for the board, is this Fisher guy a kid that everyone here is really wanting? Haven't done my research yet. Just know he was a Minnesota commit. We won't know anyway until fall camp. Spaight worked out well after being a KSU commit. Just wondering what Fisher potentially brings to the table.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 19, 2016, 11:34:48 am
Question for the board, is this Fisher guy a kid that everyone here is really wanting? Haven't done my research yet. Just know he was a Minnesota commit. We won't know anyway until fall camp. Spaight worked out well after being a KSU commit. Just wondering what Fisher potentially brings to the table.

The board only wants 5* commits, however, in reality we don't get many, if any, and never at LB. According to others, we evaluated late, as in this fall, liked him, had him in for a visit, and said we were taking one more LB, Fisher or Johnston. The first one to commit would get the spot. They both are 3* LB's, on paper, Johnston has the better offers, but you wonder why an Alabama kid doesn't go to Auburn with an offer. He named us a favorite back this fall after a visit, but has since visited Iowa, and most think they lead. That's the skinny as far as anyone outside of the coaching staff and players know.

Bacon_Bitz

I got another question.  Is Fisher holding out hope for a UT offer before his 3 pm signing?

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 11:45:06 am
The board only wants 5* commits, however, in reality we don't get many, if any, and never at LB. According to others, we evaluated late, as in this fall, liked him, had him in for a visit, and said we were taking one more LB, Fisher or Johnston. The first one to commit would get the spot. They both are 3* LB's, on paper, Johnston has the better offers, but you wonder why an Alabama kid doesn't go to Auburn with an offer. He named us a favorite back this fall after a visit, but has since visited Iowa, and most think they lead. That's the skinny as far as anyone outside of the coaching staff and players know.
Thanks. Would love Johnston but I'm guilty of the offer list as well. Would love Fisher too. Need another true LB. Not another safety moved down. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

colbs

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 19, 2016, 12:08:08 pm
Thanks. Would love Johnston but I'm guilty of the offer list as well. Would love Fisher too. Need another true LB. Not another safety moved down. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
If it is true they are taking the first one to commit from Johnston and Fisher then that makes me feel better because the staff sees them pretty close to even.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 19, 2016, 12:15:07 pm
http://www.hudl.com/profile/3436198/kyrei-fisher Fisher Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/profile/2384866/thomas-johnston Johnston Highlights
Fisher seems to be the more explosive player on film. And if those measurable are accurate, 6'2 230 4.62, well that's nice.

Bacon_Bitz

Y'all do realize he has a hook em emoji in his announcement on his decision time right?

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 19, 2016, 09:05:06 am
Zero Since.

And yes I misused the word because it makes about as much sense as your post.
Funny. My point is this seems rushed and CBB has commented several times that he has 0 tolerance for risks involved with a kid signing and FAA. I would think there would have been a solid commitment to us before now the way CBB has talked on the subject. But if west and Dudley are going it must be a pretty good possibility.

Next1_04

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on December 19, 2016, 01:05:34 pm
Y'all do realize he has a hook em emoji in his announcement on his decision time right?

Look at the Date on the timeline just other offer list that read's "Arkansas Lands another midterm defender".

http://247sports.com/Player/Kyrei-Fisher-89961

We landing anymore Midterm Defenders today?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on December 19, 2016, 11:49:38 am
I got another question.  Is Fisher holding out hope for a UT offer before his 3 pm signing?

While I have no inside info, the general consensus seems to be that if Texas were to offer, he would jump on it.  However, that hasn't yet happened, at least publicly.  One thing that is interesting is that Herman offered Fisher while at Houston.  Does he see Fisher as someone that can help at the level that Texas is wanting to play?  Guess we'll know this afternoon.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Next1_04 on December 19, 2016, 01:10:58 pm
Look at the Date on the timeline just other offer list that read's "Arkansas Lands another midterm defender".

http://247sports.com/Player/Kyrei-Fisher-89961

We landing anymore Midterm Defenders today?

Interesting.  When I click on it, it's a dead page

Next1_04

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 19, 2016, 01:15:59 pm
Interesting.  When I click on it, it's a dead page

Gotta be quick for that link to go live once it's official so they break the story first!  8)

Bacon_Bitz

Oh man OK has some inside info he thinks! Let's see if it's good or bad

ricepig

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on December 19, 2016, 01:05:34 pm
Looks like someone calling the Hogs.....

https://twitter.com/KING_FISHER30/status/810904310661967872

Bubba's Bruisers

Sorry for being late to this party, but is Fisher a mid-term grad?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

GolfnHog

Well, in the next few minutes we all should know something.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

PintailKiller

"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Next1_04

PintailKiller

Dudley E. Dawson ‏@Dedsports  58s59 seconds ago
Fisher - a mid-term enrollee privately committed to Arkansas on Friday night and made it public today with his family and friends looking on
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Next1_04

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

The_Boot_stops_here

Exit Pursued by a Boar

The story at the link states: "Arkansas has now added nine players at midterm and will have a 10th sign in the coming days."  Who is the next one?

EFBAB

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on December 19, 2016, 02:26:09 pm
The story at the link states: "Arkansas has now added nine players at midterm and will have a 10th sign in the coming days."  Who is the next one?

EFBAB

Maleek Williams on Wednesday I believe

The_Iceman

Is Fisher a linebacker or someone who could grow into a weakside DE pass rusher? Seen 6'3" 235lbs listed.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: exit followed by a boar on December 19, 2016, 02:26:09 pm

EFBAB

Number 10 is one of the freshmen already committed that hasn't signed his papers yet. Not sure who. CBB says that 11 is possible, so #11 would be a mystery recruit, or someone we've been on that has decided to flip.

ricepig

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 19, 2016, 02:35:23 pm
Number 10 is one of the freshmen already committed that hasn't signed his papers yet. Not sure who. CBB says that 11 is possible, so #11 would be a mystery recruit, or someone we've been on that has decided to flip.

Maleek Williams, he doesn't finish high school until Wednesday.

jcul28

This kid is legit. Plays with a lot of energy and doesn't take a play off.

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 02:42:33 pm
Maleek Williams, he doesn't finish high school until Wednesday.

He's one of the ten I was counting. Wasn't sure about all the FAAs.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 19, 2016, 02:34:26 pm
Is Fisher a linebacker or someone who could grow into a weakside DE pass rusher? Seen 6'3" 235lbs listed.

Gosh, I would hope a LB.  I think we are still hoping to sign a DE so we better hope this kid can stay and contribute at LB

greenie

Does this mean that Thomas Johnston is definitely out?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

FraggleHog

Quote from: greenie on December 19, 2016, 03:09:04 pm

Not going to put any definites on it... but from what I'm reading earlier in the thread... We were going to take one or the other.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

FraggleHog

Calling the Hogs from DFW

Dirty

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

fullfan

Quote from: greenie on December 19, 2016, 03:09:04 pm

^^^^^^^
tea leaves say one thing led to another.

Hollywood870

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 19, 2016, 02:34:26 pm
Please no. Can we not just have a real linebacker for once? Unless you mean a 3-4 OLB/DE. My bad.

tophawg19

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 19, 2016, 06:03:26 pm
Please no. Can we not just have a real linebacker for once? Unless you mean a 3-4 OLB/DE. My bad.
Both Fisher And TJ have played in a 3-4 defense but are very different . Fisher is a LB who can play up on a TE and is very good at attacking screens etc and rushing the passer. TJ is more of a weak side type who can easily drop in coverage as well as blitz . both are hitters and we need both badly
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hollywood870

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 19, 2016, 06:51:09 pm
Both Fisher And TJ have played in a 3-4 defense but are very different . Fisher is a LB who can play up on a TE and is very good at attacking screens etc and rushing the passer. TJ is more of a weak side type who can easily drop in coverage as well as blitz . both are hitters and we need both badly
I can't see why we wouldn't take both. We need defenders.

tophawg19

I think we do if they both want to be hogs. especially with the shift to 3-4 . both have played in 3-4 defense
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

jackflash

texas tush hog