Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barkley on TV

Started by Oklahawg, December 17, 2016, 08:37:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oklahawg

UA commit Maleek Barkley plays for Lake Travis, TX. They are playing in the 6A-1 CG on Fox Sports Southwest vs The Woodlands. He plays RB but is being recruited as a slot WR for UA.

He looks quick and has a strong sense about blocking (so far).

Lake Travis has a big-time kicker (88-89 on PATs this year and three KOs into the EZ on the fly so far). The best player on the field might be Lake Travis' SO WR last name Wilson.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

WR Garrett Wilson took a reverse and passed to Barkley for a TD.

The commentators noted that Travis' elite RB (last name) Villegas was detained in Mexico on immigration issues when he went to visit family this summer and Barkley moved from WR to RB to fill in. It gave Wilson a spot on the field.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

I hope we can hold on to Barkley, he's another slot type WR/RB for us. I've watched the UIL finals the past several years, and the guy announcing this game will never mention when a kid is an Arkansas commit or being recruited by us. Now, if they're a Texass, aTm, SMU commit......

staffhog

This kid looks great and is a big part this team.  Let's hope he is true to his words and is all Hog.  What a target to team up with our stable of upcoming QBs

HawgnCorona

He looks smooth, for sure. Signing day cant come fast enough...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

je100

Reminds me a little of Drew Morgan. 

snoblind

Might be the best of their 6 state championship teams.  They dominated all year.  One thing during regular season to average in the high 40's on offense, but held their opponents to average of 17 and just trashed teams during the playoffs.  Won 41-13 yesterday and last couple of weeks scored over 50.  Took out Austin West Lake 51-3 2 weeks ago.

Couple of my best friends' son played for LT a few years ago.  Definitely would be a nice school to develop a pipeline with.

ricepig

Quote from: snoblind on December 18, 2016, 05:15:41 pm
Might be the best of their 6 state championship teams.  They dominated all year.  One thing during regular season to average in the high 40's on offense, but held their opponents to average of 17 and just trashed teams during the playoffs.  Won 41-13 yesterday and last couple of weeks scored over 50.  Took out Austin West Lake 51-3 2 weeks ago.

Couple of my best friends' son played for LT a few years ago.  Definitely would be a nice school to develop a pipeline with.

I was very impressed with the QB, he kind of had a funky throwing motion right over the top, but he could spin it.

snoblind

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2016, 05:18:33 pm
I was very impressed with the QB, he kind of had a funky throwing motion right over the top, but he could spin it.

SMU commit.  His brother plays for Virginia Tech.  Texas Tech sure screwed up the LT connection.     

I remember my friends talking about him back when he was in early junior high.  When a kid is already being compared to Garrett Gilbert, his older brother, and Baker Mayfield before he plays in high school you figure he's pretty good.