Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finishing Off 2016-2017

Started by Exit Pursued by a Boar, December 17, 2016, 08:06:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Exit Pursued by a Boar

December 17, 2016, 08:06:28 am Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:44:59 am by exit followed by a boar
As of 16 Dec, I believe we have 7 signed LOIs and 13 commits.  How many more do we expect to sign? Whom can we reasonably expect those recruits to be? Based on those we have already, I assume a focus on DL and DB.

EFBAB

JaketheSnake

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 17, 2016, 08:34:21 am
....The Vulcan Science Directorate has determined that time travel is impossible...
If we could time warp a decade into the future and bring stud recruits back to today and sign them with the best of the actual 16-17 class.... would you???

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 17, 2016, 08:37:42 am
If we could time warp a decade into the future and bring stud recruits back to today and sign them with the best of the actual 16-17 class.... would you???

Fixed

Bubba's Bruisers

Like this time last year, the names have dwindled.  We probably get 3 more.  But none via time travel.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2016, 08:55:06 am
Like this time last year, the names have dwindled.  We probably get 3 more.  But none via time travel.

I don't see another OL, unless they are hiding him underneath a rock. They still want another LB and have a couple possibilities in case Johnston doesn't come, 50/50 at best, and a couple of names at DT. Of course we still want/need a DB/S, and have a little better than 50/50 on getting one.

Dominicanhog

the kids from Detroit were DB's, did they ever commit.. foggy on specifics, may not have even visited..

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 17, 2016, 09:06:07 am
I don't see another OL, unless they are hiding him underneath a rock. They still want another LB and have a couple possibilities in case Johnston doesn't come, 50/50 at best, and a couple of names at DT. Of course we still want/need a DB/S, and have a little better than 50/50 on getting one.

I'm sure they'll get some guys, but they'll likely be backup plans.  Calloway is seemingly  the only one we know of with a better than 50% chance.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

King Kong

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 17, 2016, 09:10:28 am
the kids from Detroit were DB's, did they ever commit.. foggy on specifics, may not have even visited..

Visited unofficially in the summer. Committed to Michigan

Bacon_Bitz

Calloway and Melvin Johnson should sign. Thomas Johnston goes to Iowa I bet. Then we take one or two of the three underrecruited low three-Star DB/Aths we are on from LA. Then we have the usual JUCO/grad transfer surprise or two. That's my take.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2016, 11:27:04 am
I'm sure they'll get some guys, but they'll likely be backup plans.  Calloway is seemingly  the only one we know of with a better than 50% chance.

Quite a few players we have been on for a while are still on the board. A couple of others, like Kam Curl, exploded as a senior after we watched but didn't offer last spring.

We are not yet to the Micahh Smith/Jevonte Herndon point just yet.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 17, 2016, 01:34:17 pm
Quite a few players we have been on for a while are still on the board. A couple of others, like Kam Curl, exploded as a senior after we watched but didn't offer last spring.

We are not yet to the Micahh Smith/Jevonte Herndon point just yet.

Who are the ones still on the board?

Beavthompson

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 17, 2016, 03:51:26 pm
Who are the ones still on the board?
I'm sure it'll be like every year where a few extra top end recruits emerge and we get maybe 2 or so. Don't worry though we will miss a few and you'll still be able to cry about it.
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Beavthompson on December 17, 2016, 05:47:17 pm
I'm sure it'll be like every year where a few extra top end recruits emerge and we get maybe 2 or so. Don't worry though we will miss a few and you'll still be able to cry about it.

Wait, We typically pick up couple "top end" recruits to close the class?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 17, 2016, 05:50:39 pm
Wait, We typically pick up couple "top end" recruits to close the class?

Not sure what the vague definition of top end recruits is. But since Bielema has been here we have received commits 4 stars Kirkland, Collins, Mitchell, JoJo Robinson, Brian Wallace, Ragnow, Jalen Merrick, And Whaley after this point

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Beavthompson on December 17, 2016, 05:47:17 pm

You're making me tear up right now.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on December 17, 2016, 06:14:02 pm
Not sure what the vague definition of top end recruits is. But since Bielema has been here we have received commits 4 stars Kirkland, Collins, Mitchell, JoJo Robinson, Brian Wallace, Ragnow, Jalen Merrick, And Whaley after this point

The thing with those guys is that they are guys we've been on for long periods of time. Calloway will hopefully be another example. But we don't typically have top guys come up out of nowhere and jump on board at the end.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 17, 2016, 06:50:29 pm
The thing with those guys is that they are guys we've been on for long periods of time. Calloway will hopefully be another example. But we don't typically have top guys come up out of nowhere and jump on board at the end.

As far as guys out of nowhere Marshall is probably the highest ranked guy to fit that mold. Randy Ramsey the most productive

fullfan

The Hogs have 7 LOI's and 13 commits.  Of the 13 commits, how many do you see actually signing with the Hogs? 

Who may sign elsewhere and who do we sign that is not currently committed?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: fullfan on January 06, 2017, 05:46:41 pm
The Hogs have 7 LOI's and 13 commits.  Of the 13 commits, how many do you see actually signing with the Hogs? 

Who may sign elsewhere and who do we sign that is not currently committed?

Of the name guys, Calloway and Curl are real possibilities to sign.

Brown is planning visits to other schools, but not clear how serious that is.