Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Patton, Nance & Martin

Started by 12247, December 14, 2016, 06:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Haven't seen this reported.  These JUCO players signed today.  #1 JUCO & previously 4 star TE Jeremy Patton---#2 JUCO overall player and previous 4 star WR Brandon Martin--- and #6 WR and previous 2 star Jonathan Nance.  ESPN thinks we made quite a haul on the 3 Guys.  This could be a very good start if all 3 can make Spring enrollment.  They are not recruits anymore, they are players so in the correct thread.

ricepig

Jeremy Martin of Recruiting Nation indicates we beat LSU, OM and Auburn out this afternoon for his signature.  I certainly do not know.

ricepig

Quote from: 12247 on December 14, 2016, 07:21:04 pm
Jeremy Martin of Recruiting Nation indicates we beat LSU, OM and Auburn out this afternoon for his signature.  I certainly do not know.

He committed to us today, he plans to sign tomorrow, but that is tomorrow.

DEVIL DOG HOG

This is in the recruiting forum.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Danny J

Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on December 14, 2016, 08:06:37 pm
This is in the recruiting forum.
Yeah but I hope the mods leave it...there isn't a lot going on over here right now. We need some good news.

colbs

Arkansas got the #1 JUCO TE and #1 JUCO WR.  Both could have went about anywhere in the country.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: colbs on December 14, 2016, 08:37:52 pm
Arkansas got the #1 JUCO TE and #1 JUCO WR.  Both could have went about anywhere in the country.

Yes, steals.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

nwahogfan1

Quote from: 12247 on December 14, 2016, 06:49:41 pm
Haven't seen this reported.  These JUCO players signed today.  #1 JUCO & previously 4 star TE Jeremy Patton---#2 JUCO overall player and previous 4 star WR Brandon Martin--- and #6 WR and previous 2 star Jonathan Nance.  ESPN thinks we made quite a haul on the 3 Guys.  This could be a very good start if all 3 can make Spring enrollment.  They are not recruits anymore, they are players so in the correct thread.

I would love to add a few defensive guys to this total.  We need help on that side of the ball NOW!!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 14, 2016, 09:00:18 pm
I would love to add a few defensive guys to this total.  We need help on that side of the ball NOW!!!!

And one more OL, but probably not.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on December 14, 2016, 09:00:18 pm

I was going to say the same thing—not to change the subject of this thread, which is great news—we need some immediate difference makers on defense. There's gotta be a safety and a linebacker out there that want to see the Ozarks in the fall.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Oklahawg

Chased several JUCO DL who the staff felt could enroll mid-term (a requirement for JUCOs at UA now, it seems) and help next fall. Clemons (A&M), Bugg (Bama), Edwards (Colorado), and Dixon (not sure, CB from AZ JUCO, teammate of Patton) are not UA bound. Still chasing Melvin Johnson (DT from Michael Taylor's JUCO) who I have felt was an either/or behind Edwards on our wish list. Might see him sign this week.

Even Edwards (and Johnson) have been told they might be redshirting to get the right kind of weight on them and familiarize with the system. UA has been burned in the past by JUCO guys who labor their first year to get ready and then only contribute for their final season. Offensive skilled positions can get on the field earlier, thus...

Noteworthy, we also chased a mid-term enrollee from the same MS JUCO as Nance and Martin, an OT who signed with UGA.

Only 25 spots, and conditions on each of them.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hollywood870

What do you guys think about Nance? Didn't realize he was 6'2, #6 juco wr. Guess I'll have to watch film.

Pork Twain

Man this is a nice haul for the O, wish we had something similar for the D.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hollywood870

ShadowTheHedgehog

What time is Martin signing? would love to get the signature today so that we know its a done deal :)

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 15, 2016, 10:41:53 am
http://www.hudl.com/profile/1920142/jonathan-nance Could be a steal. That's juco competition on film.

Does not look like a 2* to me but Drew Morgan says hi (plays like a 6*) :)

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 15, 2016, 12:03:09 pm
Does not look like a 2* to me but Drew Morgan says hi (plays like a 6*) :)
he was a *2 from high school days. He hasn't been re-evaluated with a new star rating in years. He would be a high 3* low 4* now, and Brandon Martin would be a 5* as the #1WR  (#2 overall JUCO player) now. He was the #5 WR in 2015, but, that WR crop was better than 2016's class. He is Julio Jones 2.0. He is even better than the #1 WR juco that Auburn destroyed us with 2 years ago. I would say he is like Greg Childs with a little more speed if you want an Arkansas comparison.   

On 247 composite, Patton and Martin are #10 an 9 respectively.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

colbs

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 15, 2016, 11:57:17 am
What time is Martin signing? would love to get the signature today so that we know its a done deal :)
4:30

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2016, 12:55:59 pm
he was a *2 from high school days. He hasn't been re-evaluated with a new star rating in years. He would be a high 3* low 4* now, and Brandon Martin would be a 5* as the #1WR, #2 overall JUCO player. He is Julio Jones 2.0.
Martin was a 3* out of high school.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 01:00:41 pm
Martin was a 3* out of high school.
on 1 service. he was #5 overall WR. 4*. He is also the highest rated guy at that size (at least 6 ft 4.5). He will be a beast for us.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

He has already signed according to 247 btw. I think that is actually wrong.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2016, 01:03:19 pm
on 1 service. he was #5 overall WR. 4*. What is your agenda?

My agenda?? I was just telling you what he was as a high school recruit.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 01:06:18 pm
My agenda?? I was just telling you what he was as a high school recruit.
lol, already edited. spoke before i saw it was you and you just come across as a sourpuss sometimes. no worries.
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2016, 01:07:07 pm
lol, already edited. spoke before i saw it was you and you just come across as a sourpuss sometimes. no worries.

My point was, he improved as would DM if re-ranked. We need 4* back 7 guys, in a bad way.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 15, 2016, 01:07:07 pm

Ricepig a sourpuss ? LOL. Hell if anything he's Hogville's Rick Schaeffer with his glass half full outlook on things

elviscat

A great haul of athletes that were extremely needed

ricepig

Quote from: ImHogginIt on December 15, 2016, 02:05:25 pm
Ricepig a sourpuss ? LOL. Hell if anything he's Hogville's Rick Schaeffer with his glass half full outlook on things

That's because I've drank half of it, it improves one's outlook!