Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grades

Started by Piggfoot, December 13, 2016, 10:50:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

How much information about a recruits grades can a coach find out before an offer?
Is information readily available through the school or does he obtain information through hearsay?  Does he obtain permission from the recruits parents!
While I'm on the subject, some colleges will not give out grades to parents without permission from the student. When you pay your students tuition be sure they sign a prior permission release.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

onebadrubi

Never thought about it but I am sure the student allows the coach to review the grades with a counselor?

HoggusMaximus

I'm assuming they have to review grades, especially for schools like Stanford or Vanderbilt. Why would a coach waste his time if they don't have the grades to make it into the college to begin with.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

They are in contact with the coach and the counselor. The lead recruiter is.

Grizzlyfan

Doesn't the student put their test scores and GPA in the clearinghouse?

Potosihog

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 13, 2016, 10:50:05 pm
How much information about a recruits grades can a coach find out before an offer?
Is information readily available through the school or does he obtain information through hearsay?  Does he obtain permission from the recruits parents!
While I'm on the subject, some colleges will not give out grades to parents without permission from the student. When you pay your students tuition be sure they sign a prior permission release.

College doesn't need to release my kids grades to me.  We have a simple agreement.  You don't have to let me see your grades.  I don't have to pay your tuition and room and board.  Funny, none of my kids have ever refused.