Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yes, Brandon Allen is the key to our season, BUT!!!

Started by Lake City Hog, August 03, 2014, 03:56:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake City Hog

While it is true that BA must play well for us to win 6 or 7 games and make it to a bowl, it is also true that we must have better play from some other guys.

We have to have better play from our receivers! Those guys have to run the best routes that they can run on every single play even if their individual route is not the primary target. They have to be willing to fight for the ball, become a DB if necessary!

The O'Line and Backs have to give BA that extra second to find the open guy. No more drop 3 steps and throw it away because of pressure. The backs must learn to find the blitz and take the guy out of the play.

Our offensive coaches must refuse to accept lees than the best from each guy that walks onto the field. Lunney, Smith and Thomas have to make their guys get better every week.
Chaney has to call plays that put BA in the best position to be successful.

If the other 15 guys play and coach to the same level of expectations being placed on Brandon Allen we will be fine on offense. Allen will carry his end of the load, he just needs the help of the rest of the guys in order to be successful.

Cartoon Man

Hollywood_HOGan45

Allen will be ok because of Better ol play.

The defensive backfield MUST be better.

Go hogs go

Allen's play is key however the defense will determine how well are season is. If they stick with the press at the line with the cb's, our defensive strength will have more time to get in the backfield . That will lead to more sacks and turnovers that will in turn help our offense.  The best hogs defenses in the past 15 years or so have been the aggressive risk taking styles of burns and Thompson if we can quit giving 5 yard quick outs that will be more important too the season for me than the offense. Qb play still needs too improve though

DeltaBoy

Wide outs and D are the key along with BA qb play.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin

The defense has to stop somebody , especially get off the field on third down
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

1highhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on August 03, 2014, 04:02:24 pm
Allen will be ok because of Better ol play.

The defensive backfield MUST be better.

This, Defense, Defense, Defense!  If our back 7 has made huge strides this off season, this is where you will see the difference in a 3-9 campaign or a potential 6-6 campaign.  Although the OP made some very good points, I think BA will be ok, the OL will be fine, the RB will be exquisite, my only ting I'm slightly iffy on still on Offense is having a couple more receivers step up and be capable of run blocking and stretching the field with their pass catching ability.

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

arkfan81

Quote from: Cartoon Man on August 03, 2014, 04:01:50 pm
Team effort

This,

Our defense needs our offense to convert big third downs and put 7 on the board. Our offense needs our defense to get big stops, and our special teams needs to be the glue.. If we can play sound and fundamental we will be good to go..

:razorback: :razorback:
Have faith...

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Lake City Hog on August 03, 2014, 03:56:37 pm
While it is true that BA must play well for us to win 6 or 7 games and make it to a bowl, it is also true that we must have better play from some other guys.

We have to have better play from our receivers! Those guys have to run the best routes that they can run on every single play even if their individual route is not the primary target. They have to be willing to fight for the ball, become a DB if necessary!

The O'Line and Backs have to give BA that extra second to find the open guy. No more drop 3 steps and throw it away because of pressure. The backs must learn to find the blitz and take the guy out of the play.

Our offensive coaches must refuse to accept lees than the best from each guy that walks onto the field. Lunney, Smith and Thomas have to make their guys get better every week.
Chaney has to call plays that put BA in the best position to be successful.

If the other 15 guys play and coach to the same level of expectations being placed on Brandon Allen we will be fine on offense. Allen will carry his end of the load, he just needs the help of the rest of the guys in order to be successful.

All of this is meaningless of our defense cannot stop anybody when it counts.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hogsanity

Quote from: 1highhog on August 03, 2014, 04:21:11 pm
This, Defense, Defense, Defense!  If our back 7 has made huge strides this off season, this is where you will see the difference in a 3-9 campaign or a potential 6-6 campaign.  Although the OP made some very good points, I think BA will be ok, the OL will be fine, the RB will be exquisite, my only ting I'm slightly iffy on still on Offense is having a couple more receivers step up and be capable of run blocking and stretching the field with their pass catching ability

DEFENSE, EXACTLY!  Even last year, with better play from the DB's the Hogs beat Rutgers, and LSU, and probably one of the MS schools. But all 95% of people focus on is the offense.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

razorbackkid

In this conference every one on the team needs to give 110%.

Going to be an interesting season.
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.