Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL KENTUCKY GAME THREAD - Final ...Arkansas 49...Kentucky 7...Game called early

Started by marty houston, October 13, 2012, 04:58:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirty

LZH

Quote from: HG on October 13, 2012, 10:11:45 pm
It took an Act of God to save us.

Ha.  That's even better.              +1.

LR Hog

Thank goodness but it would have been nice for some of the underclassmen to get some game experience for next year. 
Like a boss.

Oliver

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on October 13, 2012, 10:12:29 pm
This may have been the shortest game thread in the history of Hogville.

It's a pretty irrelevant game.  Then again so will every other game this year

The Divine Swine

Now if we can take out tulsa and somehow figure out some pretty good mississippi teams we can get bowl eligible. Yes, the jacksonville state game will count towards bowl eligibility. Cannot remember where i read it, but one fcs team is allowed to count.

Not getting too excited though. This is the same team that lost to ULM and Rutgers.
Romans 10:9-10

"That if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

trippigs

Nice game hogs. My clothes are already in the dryer and it was a fun night. Watching LSU and usc

counsellorhog

LSU about to beat S. Carolina.

Bubba's Bruisers

It's official.  We're on a winning streak.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

LZH

Quote from: trippigs on October 13, 2012, 10:16:48 pm
Nice game hogs. My clothes are already in the dryer and it was a fun night. Watching LSU and usc
Yeah, thank God we weren't wearing those hideous black uniforms on TV.

twistitup

Quote from: LR Hog on October 13, 2012, 10:14:50 pm
Thank goodness but it would have been nice for some of the underclassmen to get some game experience for next year. 

This game would not have prepared them for next year. Kentucky would have given our boys a false sense of confidence.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

counsellorhog

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 13, 2012, 10:19:07 pm

Not black....they're "anthracite."

Brandon72

Wow, those who bet on Kentucky and took the points just got saved big time.   I know a guy that put 100.00 on KY and I bet he thanks God tonight for that storm !!

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on October 13, 2012, 10:12:29 pm
This may have been the shortest game thread in the history of Hogville.

Well, we can stay on this thread for another hour...debating the running back rotation, redshirts, and the dark gray uniforms.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HawgWyld

Quote from: counsellorhog on October 13, 2012, 10:23:43 pm

Anthracite is Greek for "beat Nike with a stick."

It's also Greek for "Arkansas looks like South Carolina."

WorfHog

Black uni's for the rest of the year!!!

188fw_FyngRzrbk

WPS!!!!!!  With the way this season has been, we'll take a win regardless of the manner in which it comes to us.
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on October 13, 2012, 10:10:06 pm
Hopefully they wash the bets for those who took the over.  Doesn't seem fair if they don't.

Bookies, etc. have never been known for being fair and kind and understanding.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on October 13, 2012, 10:34:05 pm
Well, we can stay on this thread for another hour...debating the running back rotation, redshirts, and the dark gray uniforms.

Okay.  Bump.   ;)

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on October 13, 2012, 10:53:24 pm
Bookies, etc. have never been known for being fair and kind and understanding.

True enough.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

marty houston

Thanks for hanging in with us everyone.  Have some postgame that will be posted shortly.  Have a great open week, see you back here in two weeks, return to the Rock for Ole Miss and the official Hogville.net game thread.

East Clintwood

Whatever they are called . . . they're ugly as hell.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

cosmodrum

Way to go Jeff Long, you idiot.
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: HawgWyld on October 13, 2012, 10:34:22 pm
Anthracite is Greek for "beat Nike with a stick."

It's also Greek for "Arkansas looks like South Carolina."

The only way we look like South Carolina is in the way we also are irrelevant in the SEC and have zero SEC championships, and never will.
Go away, batin'

Tick Hog

Quote from: Brandon72 on October 13, 2012, 10:26:15 pm
Wow, those who bet on Kentucky and took the points just got saved big time.   I know a guy that put 100.00 on KY and I bet he thanks God tonight for that storm !!
Horrible for us that actually took Ark very easy money lost due to storm.

Brandon72

Quote from: tick hog on October 13, 2012, 11:21:03 pm
Horrible for us that actually took Ark very easy money lost due to storm.

Yeah I can imagine being ballsy enough to lay 17 or so points on the hogs only to be screwed out of the money by a storm is not a good feeling. 

PORKULATOR

Just as we get to Rollin on O. Would like to have seen that last 20 minutes.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 13, 2012, 10:19:07 pm

It was on TV.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TNRazorbacker

Thank god for having the two worst teams in the SEC on our schedule.

We do look better though. If we had played KY or Auburn at the beginning of the season these last two games would have been much closer.

Lanny

Don't recall seeing a game called this early before.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hogfaniam

Anthracite is a nearly black, shiny coal.  Even wet, those weren't anthracite color.  They are dark gray at best. 

Will we see them again?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

zimo

Quote from: Lanny on October 14, 2012, 06:55:33 am
Don't recall seeing a game called this early before.
It's a shame too because it felt like it was going to end 77-10.

DeltaBoy

Great win for the Hogs boo hiss to the Zebras for calling it but if I was JOKER I would have pushed to have it called at half time.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.