Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If we are being Honest...

Started by Deep Shoat, October 04, 2017, 04:07:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ErnestHamingway

Scrap the power running offense. Go to the spread. Throw and run the ball when you want to.

Barry Alvarez even said the power run won't work here. He's hinting to Bret.... scrap the power!

hogcard1964

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 04, 2017, 06:15:40 pm
I think he'd essentially have to win 7 of his remaining 8 games left this season.  I think Bama is an automatic loss. But he's failed so miserably, that he'll never be able to put his first 4 seasons behind him.

And I still believe he's gone January 1.
He'll be gone Nov 25 or 26 or 27 at latest.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Does anyone see the insanity in fans who comment here still thinking, even hoping, that Coach Bulimia will be the head coach next year? This guy has a losing record though 4 1/3 seasons. He is 10-23 in SEC games. That is the stuff of Vandy of old. Of Rice in the Southwest Conference in the '70's. Fans seem okay with it. They rationalize the hell out of it. Like it will suddenly improve in back half of year 5 and if not, surely in year 6 of Coach Bulimia. Everyone is crazy, because I know I am sane. It's not me, it's you.

This guy would never have a record of 10-23 in SEC play if he could get the job done. No good coach would ever start like that in 4+ seasons. I don't care what he was given in year 1.

A&M is our new SMU of the '90's. Can't beat them. Could play them 50 times and we'd lose all 50 and lose 45 of them in OT. It's so crazy it has become comical. Stop the insanity and dump Bulimia on the weekend after the final game and move on. Give someone else a shot. Bulimia has failed and he is not going to suddenly become Petrino or Holtz or Broyles.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hogcard1964

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 04, 2017, 08:56:24 pm
Does anyone see the insanity in fans who comment here still thinking, even hoping, that Coach Bulimia will be the head coach next year? This guy has a losing record though 4 1/3 seasons. He is 10-23 in SEC games. That is the stuff of Vandy of old. Of Rice in the Southwest Conference in the '70's. Fans seem okay with it. They rationalize the hell out of it. Like it will suddenly improve in back half of year 5 and if not, surely in year 6 of Coach Bulimia. Everyone is crazy, because I know I am sane. It's not me, it's you.

This guy would never have a record of 10-23 in SEC play if he could get the job done. No good coach would ever start like that in 4+ seasons. I don't care what he was given in year 1.

A&M is our new SMU of the '90's. Can't beat them. Could play them 50 times and we'd lose all 50 and lose 45 of them in OT. It's so crazy it has become comical. Stop the insanity and dump Bulimia on the weekend after the final game and move on. Give someone else a shot. Bulimia has failed and he is not going to suddenly become Petrino or Holtz or Broyles.

It's amazing isn't it?  People are seriously acting like he's built something here and has some sort of resume of success here.

RME

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 04, 2017, 09:14:01 pm
It's amazing isn't it?  People are seriously acting like he's built something here and has some sort of resume of success here.

Show me some proof of this.

People are/were willing to give him time. People, such as myself, are also tired of it and seeing it's probably not gonna happen. I don't see anyone saying he's "built something here." Your shtick is so [CENSORED] exhausting.

factchecker

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:20:16 pm

People are/were willing to give him time. People, such as myself, are also tired of it and seeing it's probably not gonna happen. I don't see anyone saying he's "built something here." Your shtick is so [CENSORED] exhausting.

Don't let the Bama fan get to you.  When you see hogcard just move along.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hogcard1964

There's still a small contingency that backs him.  Just read some of the insanity here.

RME

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 04, 2017, 09:24:33 pm
There's still a small contingency that backs him.  Just read some of the insanity here.

1. The contingency that backs him backs him because his success equals success for the Arkansas Razorbacks. Crazy to support a guy when it means the team does well, isn't it?

2. I do read the insanity here. I, unfortunately, see your posts every day.

factchecker

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 04, 2017, 09:24:33 pm

Supporting the head coach of the Razorbacks does not = "acting like he's built something here and has some sort of resume of success here".

Not everybody wants to be a wish-wash t-shirt fan who jumps from team to team at the drop of a hat.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawgon

Time?  Another five years?  We all know it takes a good decade to start winning right?

RME

Quote from: hawgon on October 04, 2017, 09:40:01 pm
Time?  Another five years?  We all know it takes a good decade to start winning right?

Operative word was "were." Still 8 games left in this season. We lose to Auburn and Alabama and win a bowl game to finish 9-4, I'll be pleased.

scogs

Stop being the worst 3rd down team in all of college football would be a start. Just saying.

hawgon

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:52:01 pm
Operative word was "were." Still 8 games left in this season. We lose to Auburn and Alabama and win a bowl game to finish 9-4, I'll be pleased.

You will be disappointed.

RME

Quote from: hawgon on October 04, 2017, 10:10:53 pm

Not really. My life won't change if they win 11 or if they win 4.

factchecker

Quote from: scogs on October 04, 2017, 10:07:51 pm
Stop being the worst 3rd down team in all of college football would be a start. Just saying.

I agree that we need to limit 3rd down conversions on defense but South Carolina and Mizzou are currently worse than we are:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category25/sort01.html

Surprisingly, we are the best (in the SEC) in 3rd down offense:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/911/team/offense/split01/category25/sort01.html

It will be interesting to see how this plays out this weekend.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Quote from: factchecker on October 04, 2017, 10:18:50 pm
Surprisingly, we are the best (in the SEC) in 3rd down offense:

We're 10th vs Power 5 schools.  Probably why that's so surprising.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/911/team/offense/split24/category25/sort01.html
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

870hogfan

Quote from: hawgon on October 04, 2017, 10:10:53 pm

You must live a depressing life. I bet you wish Arkansas would lose the rest of the games so you can come back and tell me see I told you so...

hawgon

Quote from: 870hogfan on October 04, 2017, 10:29:09 pm

You must live a depressing life. I bet you wish Arkansas would lose the rest of the games so you can come back and tell me see I told you so...

I get to say "I told you so" in the end in this deal no matter what happens this year.  There isn't one person on this board who honestly believes that Bert will get it done at Arkansas and you know it.

Tuskya

Not getting off the wagon, but I expect 9 wins this year and 11 next.

RME

Quote from: hawgon on October 04, 2017, 10:30:55 pm
I get to say "I told you so" in the end in this deal no matter what happens this year.  There isn't one person on this board who honestly believes that Bert will get it done at Arkansas and you know it.

That's so sick, dude. When this season is over, I can't wait to tell my buddies that hawgon on Hogville "told us so." They'll surely get a kick out of that.

Can you tell me where you redeem your "I told you so" points? I need to check out that rewards system.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: scogs on October 04, 2017, 10:07:51 pm
I wish we could get 3 points occasionally when we can't get it across the goal line. No FG's yet in 2017. Only team in FBS not to have one this season.

factchecker

October 04, 2017, 11:08:12 pm #72 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 11:55:23 pm by factchecker

Told you so..... huh?

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 01:31:13 pm
Devwah out for the season.

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 01:28:20 pm
Whaley is out for the season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hobhog

The Boar War

A record of 8-4 this year, a bowl win, and 9-3 next year.  I'd love it but I just don't see it happening.  Next year could actually be worse than this year and I don't see us getting to the 8 win mark.  Not making a bowl this year combined with the roster turnover and lackluster recruiting may make it hard to get past this year.  A scandal of any kind might be too much for him to weather.

FWIW I think I saw a similar thread last year with many of the same responses. 

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

Quote from: Wildhog on October 04, 2017, 11:23:41 pm
Love cfbstats.com.

I wonder how they compile the stats.  Do they manually enter them in?  Do they have some sort of auto-feed that does it for them?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Vantage 8 dude

Sorry, but hate to disappoint you and all the rest of the haters. Whether I personally like a coach or not I will ALWAYS root for him to be successful. That means that obviously the team is doing well. And that's ultimately what I'm interested in. I LOVE my Hogs and my alma mater and want all the teams to succeed. As far as who happens to be the HC makes little difference; sorry if that particular sentiment offends anyone. Then again, I give not one rat's arse whether it does or not.

Vantage 8 dude

So obviously your claim of "I told you so" means far more to you than whether or not CBB is ultimately successful. Yep, spoken like a true fan: don't actually pull and support the team (and whoever is coaching) as long as you get to say in the end "Look at me cause I told ya'". Truly need far more like you both here and in the stands.  :puke: P.S. what a totally shallow and egocentric person....sad.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:26:27 pm
1. The contingency that backs him backs him because his success equals success for the Arkansas Razorbacks. Crazy to support a guy when it means the team does well, isn't it?

2. I do read the insanity here. I, unfortunately, see your posts every day.
Bingo on all counts! I've honestly come to the conclusion that some would dislike/hate virtually any coach no matter who because for those it's really not about truly and honestly supporting and wishing the team and therefore the coach(es) good fortune. It's about being able to crow about being so insightful and correct about a particular hire. That is until the next guy is hauled up to the gallows for execution......

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Wildhog on October 04, 2017, 04:36:53 pm
If we don't make a bowl this year, it would take a truly special season to get me back on board.  Like... 10+ wins.

SEC-W Title

That's what it would take for me.
This is my non-signature signature.

moses_007

Quote from: Tuskya on October 04, 2017, 10:31:52 pm
Not getting off the wagon, but I expect 9 wins this year and 11 next.
Are you dreaming?

Al Boarland

Pull in a top 15 recruiting class.

Al Boarland

A&M is our new SMU of the '90's. Can't beat them. Could play them 50 times and we'd lose all 50 and lose 45 of them in OT. It's so crazy it has become comical.
$50 says when people on HV talk about the A&M game next season someone will say we're due.

Al Boarland

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 04, 2017, 09:52:01 pm

Those 9 wins would be fools gold with the state of the SEC, but it would be great for the players.

HawgcallWPS

A man that prided himself on the OL since day 1 that in year 5 fields a unit that is worse than his year 4 unit that led the SEC in sacks allowed. Let's not forget he can't impose his will on the 1 yard line either. He's a fraud and nothing short of a resignation will win me back.

hawgon

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 05, 2017, 12:15:03 am
So obviously your claim of "I told you so" means far more to you than whether or not CBB is ultimately successful. Yep, spoken like a true fan: don't actually pull and support the team (and whoever is coaching) as long as you get to say in the end "Look at me cause I told ya'". Truly need far more like you both here and in the stands.  :puke: P.S. what a totally shallow and egocentric person....sad.

No, dummy, he will fail at Arkansas regardless of whether I want him to or not.  It doesn't matter what I want.  It doesn't matter what happens this weekend.  He will fail at Arkansas.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 04, 2017, 05:25:19 pm
And no blowouts!

Does that include one on his flip-flops?

Just needing clarification.

PonderinHog

Quote from: RazorWhacker on October 05, 2017, 08:16:28 am
Does that include one on his flip-flops?

Just needing clarification.
Depends entirely on the circumstances.

hogcard1964

Quote from: The Boar War on October 04, 2017, 11:17:34 pm
A record of 8-4 this year, a bowl win, and 9-3 next year.  I'd love it but I just don't see it happening.  Next year could actually be worse than this year and I don't see us getting to the 8 win mark.  Not making a bowl this year combined with the roster turnover and lackluster recruiting may make it hard to get past this year.  A scandal of any kind might be too much for him to weather.

FWIW I think I saw a similar thread last year with many of the same responses.

I don't think there's any doubt of us making a bowl this year but it'll be another also ran bowl.  My gripe is there's just no improvement, and it looks like we may actually be getting worse.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 05, 2017, 12:08:46 am
Sorry, but hate to disappoint you and all the rest of the haters. Whether I personally like a coach or not I will ALWAYS root for him to be successful. That means that obviously the team is doing well. And that's ultimately what I'm interested in. I LOVE my Hogs and my alma mater and want all the teams to succeed. As far as who happens to be the HC makes little difference; sorry if that particular sentiment offends anyone. Then again, I give not one rat's arse whether it does or not.
You say you're sorry twice then end with saying you don't care. I don't understand. You sound very conflicted.

You are extreme. You interpret fans wanting to try a new head coach as a personal insult and hatred of the current coach. It's neither. We don't care about your thoughts on the program. And we do not hate the coach. Hate is a strong feeling. I hate the shooter who murdered the innocents in LV. I have zero hate for the head coach. Most adults are of same thinking. The coach is limiting the success of the team. Thus my desire for trying another at the job. That is all. Take it easy and do not take it all so personally.

From how you state your opinions, I will guess you are young. Knowledge will be gained and judgement will be improved as you get into your 30's and 40's.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 04, 2017, 05:37:03 pm
No HC was getting us the SECCG over the last 5 seasons.  But yeah, it's not realistic he's surviving after season 6.

The nearest we are to a coaching change is December of 2019. Hopefully, Jeffie does not give Bielema another extension, then we have a chance at a change in 2019, but not before. Bielema in effect has a seven year guaranteed contract. Like it or lump it. I, for one, am not happy about that, but I have been told by people in the know, that this the case. Sorry folks.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 05, 2017, 08:25:15 am
The nearest we are to a coaching change is December of 2019. Hopefully, Jeffie does not give Bielema another extension, then we have a chance at a change in 2019, but not before. Bielema in effect has a seven year guaranteed contract. Like it or lump it. I, for one, am not happy about that, but I have been told by people in the know, that this the case. Sorry folks.
Mr. Connected has spoken. We can suspend Hogville website until 2019. The End. See y'all then.

DeltaBoy

Go 2-2 in Oct band 4-0 in Nov and I will be happy with 8-9 wins and a bowl win.  No more of those embarrassing end of season tanking.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 05, 2017, 08:25:15 am

A guaranteed 7 year contract means he's guaranteed 7 years of pay if he's terminated early. It does not mean he's guaranteed to coach for 7 years.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

hogsanity

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 04, 2017, 04:32:41 pm

and most of all, fans are not honest.

great point that probably went by most people
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

JaketheSnake

Quote from: ErnestHamingway on October 04, 2017, 08:38:02 pm
Scrap the power running offense. Go to the spread. Throw and run the ball when you want to.

Barry Alvarez even said the power run won't work here. He's hinting to Bret.... scrap the power!
Well... if Barrysaid it then we must do that immediately!  Someone get Enos on the phone pronto.

MountieDawg

There is a great chance at seasons end he will have less SEC wins during his tenure than any other SEC school... It is sad it would take 10 million to buy him out...
SEC!

hogcard1964

Quote from: MountieDawg on October 05, 2017, 08:40:23 am
There is a great chance at seasons end he will have less SEC wins during his tenure than any other SEC school... It is sad it would take 10 million to buy him out...

It'll actually be 11.4, but they'll negotiate that down.