Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina lines up illegal on every play.

Started by PORKULATOR, November 10, 2012, 02:08:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PORKULATOR

Watch the tackles. 1&1/2 yards off the ball on every play. SEC officials suck as bad as Connor Shaw. He is a joke and we are letting him have success.
In a fair game we would still be down 31-17 so why the protection by the SEC.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Turminator

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 10, 2012, 02:08:28 pm
Watch the tackles. 1&1/2 yards off the ball on every play. SEC officials suck as bad as Connor Shaw. He is a joke and we are letting him have success.

Arkansas is the joke here

HighClassJunkie

Maybe you have a point about them lining up incorrectly, but Shaw is NOT a joke.

He is one HELL of a tough quarterback. And he's one of the reasons theyre a pretty good team this year. He's not Joe Montana, but he's the best QB that Spurriers had since he's come back to the SEC.

Not sure why the intense hatred, but it doesnt seem very logical.

BrianWPS!!

Pigstie

I noticed several times that their WR were lining up just like ours but no calls.... Not that it matters ...  We are not very good at all.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HighClassJunkie on November 10, 2012, 02:11:03 pm

Maybe you have a point about them lining up incorrectly, but Shaw is NOT a joke.

He is one HELL of a tough quarterback. And he's one of the reasons theyre a pretty good team this year. He's not Joe Montana, but he's the best QB that Spurriers had since he's come back to the SEC.

Nope... he sux. I've seen him look awful more often than good. He just happens to be playing against a Paul Haynes defense ranked about 118th in the country.
I do respect your opinion, but his success only shows how bad we are.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

rljjr

The talent to beat them is there. you can see we've been playing reasonably well with the exception of the boneheaded gaffes. I think with a disciplined coaching approach we would win again. This SC team isn't THAT good.

PORKULATOR

In SC's defense, they only line up illegal when the tackles are UNcovered by the TE. My bad.

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 10, 2012, 02:19:26 pm
Nope... he sux. I've seen him look awful more often than good. He just happens to be playing against a Paul Haynes defense ranked about 118th in the country.
I do respect your opinion, but his success only shows how bad we are.

Im not sure what your basing it on. He sucks, compared to who?

So youre saying this is the ONLY time he's looked good all season?

Have you watched any SC games this year?  Hell, Shaw sure looks better than Wilson right now.

Shaw has been extremely efficient all year.

He's Rated 22nd OVERALL in the nation in QB Rating.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating

I like to use actual statistics, and not just an opinon like "he sux" .

And even after taking some severe beatings earlier this season, Shaw has still performed pretty well.

Hell that game he had against Missouri was one of the best games ive seen from a QB all season. 20-21/ 249yds/ 2TD 0INT

So if you just dont like the kid, then thats fine.

But to say that he sucks, is just ignoring FACTS. And stats.

Its simple, go look at his stats from each individual game. If you still think he sucks, youre not objective. Youre biased & just refuse to give him any credit for being a good QB.

But, whatever, doesnt seem to me you give a rip about facts.

PORKULATOR

Clock operator kept clock running after first down and Coaches didn't notice. Pathetic.

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 10, 2012, 02:32:08 pm
Clock operator kept clock running after first down and Coaches didn't notice. Pathetic.

So you just ignore my complete destruction of your simplistic "he sux" analysis?

I see how it is.

You are one of those guys who is NEVER EVER wrong about anything when it comes to football.

You dont look at actual facts or statistics, who needs those.

Youre a MAN, so youre just smarter than everybody else, right?

And when someone comes at you with facts... theyre a "troll", or a loser.

Or, what did you call me, a "Carolina troll"?

So when i have ACTUAL STATISTCS & FACTS, im somehow a fan of the other team..  ok buddy, suuuure..

It must be cool to never be wrong about anything, huh?

PORKULATOR

Quote from: HighClassJunkie on November 10, 2012, 02:29:43 pm
  Im not sure what your basing it on. He sucks, compared to who?

So youre saying this is the ONLY time he's looked good all season?

Have you watched any SC games this year?  Hell, Shaw sure looks better than Wilson right now.

Shaw has been extremely efficient all year.

He's Rated 22nd OVERALL in the nation in QB Rating.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/collegeQuarterbackRating

I like to use actual statistics, and not just an opinon like "he sux" .

And even after taking some severe beatings earlier this season, Shaw has still performed pretty well.

Hell that game he had against Missouri was one of the best games ive seen from a QB all season. 20-21/ 249yds/ 2TD 0INT

So if you just dont like the kid, then thats fine.

But to say that he sucks, is just ignoring FACTS. And stats.

Its simple, go look at his stats from each individual game. If you still think he sucks, youre not objective. Youre biased & just refuse to give him any credit for being a good QB.

But, whatever, doesnt seem to me you give a rip about facts.
Watched him for 3 years and he is awful in big games. Vandy made him look like a turd in a punchbowl week one, and what's their record?.?.?  W/o Lattimore and against a top 40 defense, he makes Spurrier look stupid for continuing to send him on the field.

Games over, go do you junk. May the force be with you. ; D

PORKULATOR

lunchbox72703

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 10, 2012, 02:39:45 pm
Watched him for 3 years and he is awful in big games. Vandy made him look like a turd in a punchbowl week one, and what's their record?.?.?  W/o Lattimore and against a top 40 defense, he makes Spurrier look stupid for continuing to send him on the field.

Games over, go do you junk. May the force be with you. ; D

Really?   Thats all you've got?

"go do you junk" ?

Wow.  I expected at least a little intelligence.

See, i actually am a sports scout. I evaluate talent for a living.

And, they play the teams on their schedule. Just like anyone else. 16-3 as a starter.

8-2 is pretty good in the SEC. And that Vanderbilt game you talked about.. Who won that game? And i seem to remember him having almost 100 yds rushing in that game.. a game that they WON.

He is 16-3 as a starter in his career. Did i mention he's 16-3 as a starter?

And that SUCKS?

Are you really that stupid?

Keep trying to convince yourself buddy. Because youre just plain WRONG.

At least try to bring some LOGIC to the conversation.

Instead of 'FACT is... he isnt good".   Thats the best youve got?

Thats just awesome, bro.

Keep ignoring stats and facts.  And his career record as a starter.. Which is 16-3.

16-3.   But he sucks, right?

Moron.

Wild Bill Hog

Jeff Long's got this.  It'll get all straightened out.

popcornhog

Lol.
WPS

spiritof92

Is it my imagination or have there been more illegal formation penalties in college football this season than ever before?

hawg IQ

I noticed the same thing there was one play USC offensive had  qb, 2 rb and three receivers 2 yards off the line, thats 6 guys, BTW no flag.
go hogs go !

aberium2002

Quote from: HighClassJunkie on November 10, 2012, 02:11:03 pm

Shaw is at best a average QB.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

hogsanity

Quote from: rljjr on November 10, 2012, 02:19:43 pm
The talent to beat them is there. you can see we've been playing reasonably well with the exception of the boneheaded gaffes. I think with a disciplined coaching approach we would win again. This SC team isn't THAT good.

SEC teams dont beat teams like SC by using the 74th ranked Defense in all of fbs. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorPiggie

He's got a better completion % than Tyler does this year and last.

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Jackrabbit Hog

Second time in three weeks that an illegal formation call has killed momentum for us.  Even though it was early this time (first drive, I think), it wiped out a huge gain on a TW to CH pass that would have set us up inside the 10.  But.........on the replay it was clear that it was absolutely the right call.  Five guys lined up at least 2-3 yards off the line; nothing iffy about it like it was against Ole Miss.  That's just poor coaching.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dumb ole famrboy

How about giving us some images of the illegal formations?

RyeHogFan

Quote from: hogsanity on November 12, 2012, 10:37:45 am
SEC teams dont beat teams like SC by using the 74th ranked Defense in all of fbs. 

You mean we've moved all the way UP to the 74th ranked defense?!!  WooHoo!   ;)

Piggfoot

This is the Rule pertaining to the line of Scrimmage.
The distance between the two ends of the football is the "Neutral Zone". Only the Center may be in the neutral zone at the moment the ball is snapped. Since he is lined up in the neutral zone, Offensive players lined up on  the Centers shoulders would be off sides. They therefore are considered to be on the "line" if some part of their body breaks a plane extending from sideline to sideline through the centers beltline provided they are not in the neutral zone. There is therefore a small distance , approximately 2 feet between the Centers beltline and a legally aligned Offensive lineman's beltline.  This space is called " no man's land" . Lining up in this space can result in a procedure penalty. For a back to be legally lined up in the backfield, no part of his body may break a plane formed by an Offensive linemans belt from sideline to sideline. Seven men must be on the line of scrimmage.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on November 12, 2012, 12:48:11 pm
How about giving us some images of the illegal formations?

I don't have an image and I don't know if I could find one on the internet.  But right after the penalty they showed a replay and froze it just before the snap.  One of the announcers with a telestrator circled 5 players that were 2-3 yards off the line - Tyler, DJ, and 3 receivers (two on one side, one on the other).  It wasn't even close.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: qdoc on November 12, 2012, 01:21:17 pm
This is the Rule pertaining to the line of Scrimmage.
The distance between the two ends of the football is the "Neutral Zone". Only the Center may be in the neutral zone at the moment the ball is snapped. Since he is lined up in the neutral zone, Offensive players lined up on  the Centers shoulders would be off sides. They therefore are considered to be on the "line" if some part of their body breaks a plane extending from sideline to sideline through the centers beltline provided they are not in the neutral zone. There is therefore a small distance , approximately 2 feet between the Centers beltline and a legally aligned Offensive lineman's beltline.  This space is called " no man's land" . Lining up in this space can result in a procedure penalty. For a back to be legally lined up in the backfield, no part of his body may break a plane formed by an Offensive linemans belt from sideline to sideline. Seven men must be on the line of scrimmage.

Except for the QB when taking a direct snap - I thought the backfield had to line up 1 yard behind the LOS as established by the linemen?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on November 12, 2012, 01:49:29 pm
Except for the QB when taking a direct snap - I thought the backfield had to line up 1 yard behind the LOS as established by the linemen?

No, that's not correct.  If you're not on the LOS, you can line up as far off of the LOS as you want to.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 12, 2012, 01:59:35 pm
No, that's not correct.  If you're not on the LOS, you can line up as far off of the LOS as you want to.

Yes - but what I meant is a back had to be at least 1 yard behind the established LOS.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Dumb ole famrboy on November 12, 2012, 02:03:45 pm
Yes - but what I meant is a back had to be at least 1 yard behind the established LOS.

I don't think there's a 1 yard minimum.  As the rule is written, if you are not on the LOS, you are in the backfield.  And whether you are on the LOS depends on where you line up in relation to the center.

ballz2thewall

Quote from: spiritof92 on November 10, 2012, 04:19:09 pm
Is it my imagination or have there been more illegal formation penalties in college football this season than ever before?

i don't look at the stats and i'm sure some one will. but i'm with you; it sure seems to be a new focus minds this year.
The rest of the frog.

denimchicken

Of course! They cheated! That's how they won...
"You can't do backflips, you don't know karate, you're white trash." - Charlie Kelly

aberium2002

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on November 12, 2012, 11:02:35 am
He's got a better completion % than Tyler does this year and last.
of course he does. He is not running for his life every play.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

the_kosher_pig

Quote from: aberium2002 on November 12, 2012, 10:30:31 am
Shaw is at best a average QB.
If at best average means one of the highest effeciency ratings in the nation and a 16-3 record while leading your team to the top ten most of the year I'd hate to face a really good QB. 
Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on August 24, 2012, 11:24:06 am
Or unless your and idiot that is just trying to stir things up.