Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 19, 2024, 04:53:06 am

LSU

Started by Qadi999, November 03, 2012, 10:09:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Qadi999

Man LSu Looks good It could get ugly when they come here.

Wayne Watson

You think they're better than Tulsa?   ;)
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

HawgJD

Quote from: Qadi999 on November 03, 2012, 10:09:08 pm

They do look good right now. I don't think they'll be as hyped up against us, especially if they lose this game. Also, death valley at night is a boost compared to a road game.

Grunt

We tend to play our best game against LSU.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

HighClassJunkie

I'm not at all surprised they got up for this game, but I'm shocked at the way that they are OWNING Bama's defense.

They are wearing Bama out in the second half.

This is shocking to me.

alohawg

Quote from: Grunt on November 03, 2012, 10:13:09 pm

True but we also tend to have our worse results with grandpa Simpson as coach.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

BigSexyHog

It was going to be ugly regardless if they win or lose tonight.   But at least the game won't be in Little Rock.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

wherestheD

They whipped us last year and we are a shell of last years team.

razorson

November 03, 2012, 10:17:25 pm #8 Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:20:07 pm by razorson
Quote from: Qadi999 on November 03, 2012, 10:09:08 pm
It could get ugly? Where you been?

alohawg

Les' idiocy not working tonight.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Oliver

This is what happens when you have zero offense.  Bama rarely falls behind but when they do, their offense can't score.

Terrible offense

Dirty

sportswriter41

Quote from: alohawg on November 03, 2012, 10:18:24 pm
Les' idiocy not working tonight.

Have you ever in your life seen a coach with more talent and Les sense ? This guy takes the cake.. Fourth and 1 and you have a qb thats on fire and you do the wildcat under center and telegraph your hand to a great D !!!!

Les has got to be the biggest bonehead in college football. Yet he still wins and wins and wins... Dumber than a box of rocks. Geez.

Torqued pork

Mettenberger has hit some nice passes in the second half. LSU with a qb is scary.

clutch

Quote from: Oliver on November 03, 2012, 10:24:13 pm
This is what happens when you have zero offense.  Bama rarely falls behind but when they do, their offense can't score.

Terrible offense

Huh? They are averaging over 40 pts a game. I think tonight has more to do with LSU's defense, not Bama having a bad offense.

Oliver

Quote from: clutch on November 03, 2012, 10:27:59 pm
Huh? They are averaging over 40 pts a game. I think tonight has more to do with LSU's defense, not Bama having a bad offense.

They usually score from the offensive mistakes from their opponents

AFWarrior83

They play down to our level and we usually sneak out wins.
Hogville member since 2005.

Dirty

What a catch by #3

HawgJD

LSU wins... no SEC in championship game?

checkraiser88

Quote from: Oliver on November 03, 2012, 10:31:23 pm
They usually score from the offensive mistakes from their opponents

Try looking at stats...

razorbackchamps94

I don't see it this year.. In fact we lose the next 3

NWASooner

So, maybe Bama can't beat some NFL teams?

LSU's offense is terrible and tonight makes me wonder about Bama's defense and how good it really is.  Sure, they shut down Mississippi State but do did A&M.

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: Oliver on November 03, 2012, 10:24:13 pm

Terrible offense

Come on man, they have "zero offense" ? Really?

What Bama team have YOU been watching?

I mean, sure they're known for defense, but their offense has been very good this year. They are extremely efficient, & when they've needed to throw (which hasn't been often) they have been able to do it.

McCarron has ZERO interceptions. None.

Tonight the defense is getting abused. Their offense didn't show up tonight, but they are in Baton Rouge.

Don't you think you're being a little bit over dramatic saying they have "Zero" offense.? Come on man. You're smarter than that. I usually enjoy your posts, they're insightful & smart (but not this one)

So I'm confused. Help me understand what your thinking is. I went and looked at the stats, & the offense is pretty impressive.

It's not Oregon, but they haven't had to do a whole lot. Yet they average 40 points per game.

Their defense isn't scoring all those points, right?

Help me here.

HawgJD

Torqued pork

This might be headed for OT. What a game!

HawgJD

HawgJD

Mark Ingram looking juiced on the sideline.

HighClassJunkie

But wait, they have "Zero" offense!?

How did they just do that?

Help me out here Oliver.

Do you just hate Bama SO badly that you can't even admit something that's an OBVIOUS fact?

They have a VERY GOOD offense.

Come on..

AFWarrior83

Roll Tide! I don't like LSU!
Hogville member since 2005.

NWASooner

Well, that's that.

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: NWASooner on November 03, 2012, 10:41:02 pm
So, maybe Bama can't beat some NFL teams?

LSU's offense is terrible and tonight makes me wonder about Bama's defense and how good it really is.  Sure, they shut down Mississippi State but do did A&M.

In this situation (Death Valley, Saturday night) you throw all of the things that are "understood" out the window.

This is 2 GREAT teams smashing each other in the face over & over.

IronHog

Dumb as a box of rocks.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

LRHawg

What happened on Bama's last drive? They replace their d coordinator with Paul H?

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 03, 2012, 10:36:50 pm
Try looking at stats...

I'm not sure he wants to.

The stats don't help his RIDICULOUS statement.

It's ok to be jealous. Lord knows I am.

But I'm not making ignorant statements like that.

And it's confusing, because he's usually pretty sharp..

I mean, they OBVIOUSLY have the best offensive line in college football, right?! But they have "ZERO" offense??

I'm just dumbfounded by what he said, seriously.

Just so, so stupid.

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: LRHawg on November 03, 2012, 10:51:39 pm
What happened on Bama's last drive? They replace their d coordinator with Paul H?

Huh?

They WON the game..

If they replaced the DC with Paul H, I would think that implies a loss.. I'm confused..

Oliver

Quote from: HighClassJunkie on November 03, 2012, 10:45:33 pm
But wait, they have "Zero" offense!?

How did they just do that?

Help me out here Oliver.

Do you just hate Bama SO badly that you can't even admit something that's an OBVIOUS fact?

They have a VERY GOOD offense.

Come on..

They pulled a 2 minute offense out of their butts there.  Don't know where that was all game.  They do that all the time they are unbeatable.

Just another Nick Satan feature that you want

HighClassJunkie

Quote from: Oliver on November 03, 2012, 10:54:56 pm
They pulled a 2 minute offense out of their butts there.  Don't know where that was all game.  They do that all the time they are unbeatable.

Just another Nick Satan feature that you want

This is the ONLY game that their offense hasn't COMPLETELY dominated the entire game.

And it was in Death freakin' Valley.

So ill cut them some slack.

Their offense is very good. Better than last year.

IronHog

This game is in RRS.

Arkansas will lose.... and it will be embarrassing.

David†

Quote from: IronHog on November 03, 2012, 10:58:09 pm

This game is in RRS.

Arkansas will lose.... and it will be embarrassing.

What does the venue have to do with it?

We suck and LSU is good. Play them 25 time at war memorial and we don't win once.

IronHog

Quote from: David† on November 04, 2012, 07:27:34 am

What does the venue have to do with it?

You think LSU stays within 20 at Bama this year?

Venue matters in college football.... and RRS is a poor venue overall.

Redhogs

Quote from: IronHog on November 04, 2012, 08:18:35 am

You think LSU stays within 20 at Bama this year?

Venue matters in college football.... and RRS is a poor venue overall.
Gottcha...we all know that WMS is Jerry world north.."Venue matters in college football"....that's exactly why we should NEVER play another game in that dump in LR.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

IronHog

Quote from: Redhogs on November 04, 2012, 09:11:20 am
Gottcha...we all know that WMS is Jerry world north.."Venue matters in college football"....that's exactly why we should NEVER play another game in that dump in LR.

Fair enough.....

Stop recruiting south and east Arkansas and see how running backs from Green Forest hold up in the SEC.

jbcarol

Guilbeau: LSU handles Mississippi State free of any chicanery

QuoteThere were no fakes. There were no go-fors on fourth down. There were no onside kicks. And, thank goodness, there were no more blasted Wildcat formations.

And this time, No. 1 Alabama lost (to No. 15 Texas A&M 29-24) and No. 7 LSU beat No. 21 Mississippi State 37-17 Saturday night at Tiger Stadium.

Instead of fake field goals, LSU kicker Drew Alleman made three of them, including a pair of sub-30-yard attempts in the first half to keep LSU within 7-6 instead of down 14-3 like last week against Alabama. Then he nailed a 41-yard attempt with 8:29 to play in the third quarter for a 23-17 lead. That last one was from the 24-yard line - the exact spot from which LSU went for it and failed on fourth-and-1 when it used the telegraphing Wildcat formation in the 21-17 loss to then-No. 1 Alabama.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Miles, Tigers hanging onto slim SEC hopes

QuoteLes Miles wants LSU to embracing the notion that it still has a chance, however slim, to win the Southeastern Conference.

Alabama could have locked up the SEC West's title game by beating Texas A&M last Saturday, but the Crimson Tide was upset by Johnny Manziel and the Aggies in Tuscaloosa.

As a result, the eighth-ranked Tigers can remain in the running to reach the SEC championship game by knocking off its next two opponents: Ole Miss on Saturday and Arkansas on the day after Thanksgiving. Of course, LSU's chances appear remote because fourth-ranked Alabama would have to lose to Auburn, which is winless in the SEC.

"We still have a chance, an outside chance, of being the representative of the Western Division in the SEC title game," Miles said...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Glenn Guilbeau ‏@LSUBeatTweet
@drihner lsu wins west tiebreaker if lsu, a&m and bama finish 6-2