Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"He's thrown 1 pick this fall" Enos on Allen and Offense (VIDEO EMBED) WATCH

Started by Scott Marshall, August 16, 2017, 01:37:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

Arkansas offensive coordinator Dan Enos met with the media on Wednesday to discuss his offense and where he is group is at heading into the final week of preseason camp.

onebadrubi

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on August 16, 2017, 10:19:59 pm
Reality: he's thrown one pick this fall against what was last year a historically bad defense.

I bet you are proud of yourself. 

hogcam

Reality: he's thrown one pick this fall against what was last year a historically bad defense.
This years defense is not last years defense

PorkSoda

sounds like he is learning to be more careful with the ball.  that is going to be important to not beating ourselves this year.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

onebadrubi

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 16, 2017, 10:38:06 pm
sounds like he is learning to be more careful with the ball.  that is going to be important to not beating ourselves this year.

While I agree, things will. Change when 300lbers are at his knees.  Let's hope his maturity shows and I am one thinking he will light it up.

davglo35

We all want to be optimistic. True fans do anyway but we have to be honest. Those two meltdowns from last season have not given some any reason to be. Our offense was not the main reason we melted down. It was coaching and the defense. Some of us have to take a wait and see attitude. I'm glad AA is our QB and he is a gamer but if the offensive line, defense and kick return game do not improve tremendously it could be another long season.

sickboy

How can this fall be against last year's defense?

supersaint

Quote from: sickboy on August 17, 2017, 12:25:07 am

All defenses going forward will be last year's defense.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

presidenthog

I remember going into Brandon's last year he had not thrown 1 pick. They had a chance at a tipped ball and didn't haul it in. I remember our DB's bitching cause they knew that was their only chance.

daBoar

The Hogs were #65 nationally last year in passing efficiency defense; there were 4 in the SEC that were worse.  Defending the pass was not normally the big problem last year.  Now, if they said AA rushed for 125 yards I'd be concerned.

TNRazorbacker

His brother got a lot more efficient and less error prone with experience, I think Enos helps a lot with that. I see no reason to expect different. Austin does play with a bit more fire than Brandon did though. Sometimes that will gain you more big play potential at the expense of a few more turnovers.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: sickboy on August 17, 2017, 12:25:07 am
Hmmm, great question. :-\
I could sworn some kids graduated and the defensive scheme changed. But I have been wrong before so never mind.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

mizzouman

1 pick.  Is Enos comparing how many picks he threw last year during fall?

RazorWest

Sounds like AA has improved his decision making.  His brother was great at throwing it away instead of forcing, hopefully AA does a little more of that.  With that said I hope AA doesn't lose all his Gunslinger mentality.

daBoar

Quote from: mizzouman on August 17, 2017, 09:15:49 am
1 pick.  Is Enos comparing how many picks he threw last year during fall?
I think it means AA will slaughter the Tigers this season.

mizzouman

Quote from: daBoar on August 17, 2017, 09:29:32 am
I think it means AA will slaughter the Tigers this season.
Could be.  Our DB's are suspect at best.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: davglo35 on August 17, 2017, 12:10:10 am
We all want to be optimistic. True fans do anyway but we have to be honest. Those two meltdowns from last season have not given some any reason to be. Our offense was not the main reason we melted down. It was coaching and the defense. Some of us have to take a wait and see attitude. I'm glad AA is our QB and he is a gamer but if the offensive line, defense and kick return game do not improve tremendously it could be another long season.

I agree my hopes are quite tempered by the end of season eggs laid.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

onebadrubi

Quote from: RazorWest on August 17, 2017, 09:20:22 am
Sounds like AA has improved his decision making.  His brother was great at throwing it away instead of forcing, hopefully AA does a little more of that.  With that said I hope AA doesn't lose all his Gunslinger mentality.

This board went crazy over his throw a ways.  They said he sucked because of it.  We've always known AA was more of a risk taker and going to be more of a gunslinger type. 

Headhog32

Quote from: PorkSoda on August 16, 2017, 10:38:06 pm
yeah take away the 3 interceptions aagainst Alabama, which I'm pretty sure they scored after every interception (maybe wrong) take away that and its a different ball game

Headhog32

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on August 17, 2017, 08:25:40 am
His brother got a lot more efficient and less error prone with experience, I think Enos helps a lot with that. I see no reason to expect different. Austin does play with a bit more fire than Brandon did though. Sometimes that will gain you more big play potential at the expense of a few more turnovers.
yeah Brandon's senior year was leaps and bounds ahead of his junior year and AA had pretty dang good junior year.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Headhog32 on August 17, 2017, 11:19:50 am
yeah Brandon's senior year was leaps and bounds ahead of his junior year and AA had pretty dang good junior year.

We also went from a stump on a log as a OC and QB coach to a more active hands on coach.

LRHog

Why are you here? Go back to the trailer park with no wifi.