Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Alabama

Started by Wayne Watson, May 27, 2017, 03:06:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Hoggish1

ChicoHog

I hate A&m, and Mississippi and Auburn and Tennessee and Florida.  but not Bama. 

Inhogswetrust

Jerry Clower. One of only a couple of good things to come out of Mississippi. Most being musicians, actors or entertainers.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LZH

Quote from: ChicoHog on May 27, 2017, 06:17:14 pm
I hate A&m, and Mississippi and Auburn and Tennessee and Florida.  but not Bama. 
Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 27, 2017, 06:41:48 pm
Jerry Clower. One of only a couple of good things to come out of Mississippi. Most being musicians, actors or entertainers.

Agree with both....

Hogs-n-Roses

You could hear John squallin. Knock him out John, won't be long!

ImHogginIt

I knew a stripper at Platinum Plus in Mempho that was from Mississippi  ;D

HognotinMemphis

Love Clower. Not a Bama hater. I love excellence.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

nchogg

I don't hate Bama but sure as hell want us to beat them. :razorback:

island hog

Tyro3

ALLVOL

Not hating bammer makes you look like an SEC newcomer... 
I've seen the almost "love" of bammer by some Hog fans on here and it baffles the minds of those of us (schools in SEC) who grew up fans of an SEC school.
It's the equivalent of UT joining the old SWC and UT fans saying they like Texas. Just weird.   

rtr

They have kept us down since Saban arrived.  However, it is imperative to beat A&M this year, then turn our attention to Bama.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Birminghog

Hate = Texas, A&M, Tenner, maybe Aub.

Much gluteal hurt from the faded orange toward Bama.

Want very much to beat Bama. Does not = hate.

If you don't hate Texas, you may be new to being a Hog fan.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 28, 2017, 11:00:38 am
I've seen the almost "love" of bammer by some Hog fans on here and it baffles the minds of those of us (schools in SEC) who grew up fans of an SEC school.
It's the equivalent of UT joining the old SWC and UT fans saying they like Texas. Just weird.   

You know, a lot of the Alabama hate that I see and read on here rises out of program envy and success. Now, I guess I could say that I "hate" Alabama from a competitive standpoint and the fact that we don't beat them very often, but there is a vast difference in respecting another program for their accomplishments and having "love" for them. I want to beat their arses every time that we play them but I can still respect their program. They aren't the slime balls that Ole Miss, Baylor and some others have turned out to be.
Go Hogs Go!

ALLVOL

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 28, 2017, 11:33:52 am
You know, a lot of the Alabama hate that I see and read on here rises out of program envy and success. Now, I guess I could say that I "hate" Alabama from a competitive standpoint and the fact that we don't beat them very often, but there is a vast difference in respecting another program for their accomplishments and having "love" for them. I want to beat their arses every time that we play them but I can still respect their program. They aren't the slime balls that Ole Miss, Baylor and some others have turned out to be.
People who have been playing/recruiting against bamer for decades would disagree greatly about them being cheaters and slimeballs.

GuvHog

Jerry was a good one all right. Many people don't realize that he was actually Rev. Jerry Clower. He was an ordained Southern Baptist Minister just as Rev Grady Nutt, another comedian, was.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 28, 2017, 12:02:30 pm
People who have been playing/recruiting against bamer for decades would disagree greatly about them being cheaters and slimeballs.

They pay for players. Lots of schools do that. I qualified by statement by saying that they haven't turned out to be "as big of slimeballs" as Ole Miss and Baylor and some others.
Go Hogs Go!

ImHogginIt

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 28, 2017, 12:02:30 pm

This

Albert Swinestein

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 28, 2017, 11:00:38 am

You can speak on behalf of all of those that grew up fans of SEC schools?  That is impressive...and quite the combination of arrogance mixed with ignorance.

ALLVOL

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on May 28, 2017, 01:04:42 pm
You can speak on behalf of all of those that grew up fans of SEC schools?  That is impressive...and quite the combination of arrogance mixed with ignorance.
So is it fair to say pretty much all fans of schools in the SWC hated Texas? Or is that a stretch?

jkstock04

This is hilarious and the epitome of what he is talking about. They cheat the smartest and most professionally, so the rest of the SEC and college football turns their heads the other way and pay "respect." Ole miss try's to get out of the cellar a little bit and all hell breaks loose.

Allvol is right. It never ceases to amaze me how Hog fans cheer on Alabama to national championships every year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ALLVOL

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 28, 2017, 01:36:52 pm
Coming from a Vol fan, that's _________________________.

(fill in the blank time....)
Accurate.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 28, 2017, 01:40:49 pm
This is hilarious and the epitome of what he is talking about. They cheat the smartest and most professionally, so the rest of the SEC and college football turns their heads the other way and pay "respect." Ole miss try's to get out of the cellar a little bit and all hell breaks loose.

Allvol is right. It never ceases to amaze me how Hog fans cheer on Alabama to national championships every year.

That's a mis-characterization of what was said and you know it.
Go Hogs Go!

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: ImHogginIt on May 27, 2017, 10:20:59 pm
Speaking of Bama, so did Mike Price.

TechHawg

I hate any SEC team not named Arkansas

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

Torqued pork

hogginbama

Married a 'Bama girl and she, along with her family, knows the absolute disdain I have for anything related to the Tide.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Birminghog

Quote from: ALLVOL on May 28, 2017, 01:27:40 pm
So is it fair to say pretty much all fans of schools in the SWC hated Texas? Or is that a stretch?

Not by any means. On the contrary, pretty much all fans of schools in the SWC not named Arkansas hated Arkansas. I know. I lived it in Texas for 8 years of my adult life. Those folks rooted for "their" teams and whichever team was playing Arkansas that week.

flagstaffhog

Quote from: island hog on May 28, 2017, 09:41:58 am
I hate texas

This. Can't stand texASS. I respect Bama for what they have accomplished. Would like to beat them tho...

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

Inhogswetrust

Probably good at first but it would be the itching and shots from a doctor afterwards that would be bad.................................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Albert Means and the NCAA says Hi............................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Albert Swinestein on May 28, 2017, 01:04:42 pm

Pretty much describes 99.99% of Vol fans.......................

nchogg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 28, 2017, 12:41:35 pm
They pay for players. Lots of schools do that. I qualified by statement by saying that they haven't turned out to be "as big of slimeballs" as Ole Miss and Baylor and some others.
You also forgot about Auburn.

runninhog

The infamous Purple Hut.

runninhog

Ole Miss, State, Florida and A&M are my most hated.

jkstock04

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 28, 2017, 04:11:04 pm
That's a mis-characterization of what was said and you know it.
No, not really. I would call mis-characterization comparing Ole Miss' situation to Baylors. That's a comparison that has some wow factor to it.

It doesn't make logical sense how people are good with whatever Bama does but vilify Ole Miss. It also doesn't make logical sense how when the college football playoff rolls around most Hog fans pull up their Bama flags full mast because "SEC SEC SEC SEC!!!!"
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LRRandy

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 29, 2017, 09:07:52 am
No, not really. I would call mis-characterization comparing Ole Miss' situation to Baylors. That's a comparison that has some wow factor to it.

It doesn't make logical sense how people are good with whatever Bama does but vilify Ole Miss. It also doesn't make logical sense how when the college football playoff rolls around most Hog fans pull up their Bama flags full mast because "SEC SEC SEC SEC!!!!"
that always puzzled me as well. I get that the rationale is conference pride and the perception is that my team looks better because a team in my conference won. I would have trouble rooting for a team that routinely knocked the snot out of my team.
This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jkstock04 on May 29, 2017, 09:07:52 am

Congratulations, you are the King of Overstatement.
Go Hogs Go!

Al Boarland

Bama has been doing what Ole Miss is about to get drilled for and for a much longer time. The difference is Ole Miss was trying to move up to the level of the perennial contenders. If a program tries to upset the establishment of the SEC it doesn't end well for them. Respect Bama's accomplishments, but just know they dance in the grey area as well as let their boosters make sure studs keep rolling in.

jkstock04

Quote from: LRRandy on May 29, 2017, 10:45:37 am
that always puzzled me as well. I get that the rationale is conference pride and the perception is that my team looks better because a team in my conference won. I would have trouble rooting for a team that routinely knocked the snot out of my team.
I'm over it. I would love nothing more than to see them in the middle of some awful life changing scandal that turned them into the next Vandy in football.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

I don't hate any school including our own.  I do hate circumstance.  I hate the 1-13 record Arkansas has in Conference Championship games, including 0-4 in baseball and I believe 0-3 in football.  I do hate the overall notion that we seem to get screwed by the officials often in the bigger games.  We have gotten screwed some but not as often as some tend to think.

I see us often screwing ourselves.  We misplayed the 3rd inning in baseball yesterday, then make a big stink about a half swing we wanted to be called a full swing and then fail to mention the second base situation where our man was clearly safe but was called out.  We could have been men on first and second and no outs but instead, its man on first and one out.  Big difference in a game like this.  I don't know if the out could have been overturned but the ump might have given us a break later on knowing he messed up.  I watched the plate ump correct several pitches he totally missed by given the offended player the next call if it was anywhere close so he could.  The plat ump spent much of the day correcting the pitch 1 or 2 throws earlier that he completely missed.

You shouldn't hate and blame others for your own failings.  I hope that one day our sports programs learn to play like Champions when its Champions Day.  When we get screwed on a call, we need to get meaner and tougher, not whiney and blaming.  When BAMA quits recruiting better, coaching better, and riding the edge better, some team(s) will pass them up and be the new darlings of the SEC.  The SEC has an unwritten policy that if you win and get us recognition, we gonna hep U.

LZH

I think a lot of people like or dislike a team for how many games they win versus their own home team. And, people who don't normally go to games are probably more apt to dislike the better teams in our conference just because they beat us more often than not, as opposed to those who do go to games and dislike a team due to how that team's fans treat them/us (ie the Baton Rouge thread).

Admittedly I like Alabama because of Bear, so pulling for them all but one weekend of the year is just how it's been for me since I was a kid. As for other teams in our conference, even though I agreed with someone who said they hate so and so, I'm not sure I hate those teams as much as I enjoy seeing some of them fail miserably. A lot of that probably has to do with the enormously insufferable peckerheads that they have for a fan base.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Wayne Watson on May 27, 2017, 03:06:58 pm

.....just shoot up here among us, one of us needs some relief!
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LZH on May 29, 2017, 12:52:04 pm
I think a lot of people like or dislike a team for how many games they win versus their own home team. And, people who don't normally go to games are probably more apt to dislike the better teams in our conference just because they beat us more often than not, as opposed to those who do go to games and dislike a team due to how that team's fans treat them/us (ie the Baton Rouge thread).

Admittedly I like Alabama because of Bear, so pulling for them all but one weekend of the year is just how it's been for me since I was a kid. As for other teams in our conference, even though I agreed with someone who said they hate so and so, I'm not sure I hate those teams as much as I enjoy seeing some of them fail miserably. A lot of that probably has to do with the enormously insufferable peckerheads that they have for a fan base.

I can and do easily "hate" Texas, but I think I was born with that.
Go Hogs Go!

LZH

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 29, 2017, 03:20:11 pm
I can and do easily "hate" Texas, but I think I was born with that.

::hornsdown::

hogsmash12

ALLVOL

Quote from: Birminghog on May 28, 2017, 10:42:48 pm
Not by any means. On the contrary, pretty much all fans of schools in the SWC not named Arkansas hated Arkansas. I know. I lived it in Texas for 8 years of my adult life. Those folks rooted for "their" teams and whichever team was playing Arkansas that week.
I have never met a fan of ATM, Baylor, SMU or Tech tht did nything less than HATE Texas. And I know a TON of them and work with many. So not sure where you found these lovers of the horns.