Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will make the difference?

Started by AWHAWG, May 27, 2017, 01:41:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinto

Yeah I'm ready to see this new version of Ton. I heard that he's dunking in practice

jbigs77

I think Mike Anderson will be the difference. If we play trapping full court, all the time and give up layups, dunks and open 3s then we will not fair well. Some tight man to man and zone when needed, and we will be tough to beat. The talent is there, its how it will be used, is the difference.

CapitalCityHawg

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on June 08, 2017, 08:34:54 pm
I don't know how anyone has watched Beard and thinks he can be a major contributor! Best he could offer is a few minutes off the bench but he's terrible. Wouldn't play on any other SEC team it's hard to see why he gets all the minutes he does.

South Carolina game last year was probably our best game of the year. A lot of it had to do with Beard being sick and not playing.

How can you say he wouldn't play for any other SEC team when we were a top 4 team in the league last year with Beard getting 21 minutes a game?

poloprince

I expect JB of DM to be in the discussion for SEC player of year!
$PoLoPrInCe$

AWHAWG

Quote from: AWHAWG on May 27, 2017, 01:41:13 pm
Who will be the surprise difference maker or makers next year?
I say:
Adrio Bailey freak in the paint defense
C. J. Jones shootah and added defense
Khalil Garland - slasher and hops
I know this tread has not been active for a while, however I have reconsidered my original prediction. I now believe Gafford if reports are true, will make the difference. Talk of him improving his body indicates a work ethic that could make him speacial considering some of his high school highlights. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: AWHAWG on September 15, 2017, 09:02:15 am

We may be looking at a Portis timeline with Gafford. Maybe that's why the coaches are looking hard at the 2019 kid from Marion, just in case.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Hawg Red

Quote from: CapitalCityHawg on August 08, 2017, 10:40:13 pm
How can you say he wouldn't play for any other SEC team when we were a top 4 team in the league last year with Beard getting 21 minutes a game?

Because he's talking out of his backside.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: ErieHog on May 28, 2017, 01:18:55 pm
Nobody.

The team lives and dies with incremental improvement across the roster;  Beard stabilizes and reduces turnovers; Macon's offensive consistency evens out;  Barford becomes more efficient.    Trey keeps his productivity high as his minutes expand. 

If the team is going to be better, it isn't going to be any single  'problem fixer' doing something.   Its going to be across the board.

"Nobody" then four names listed.  It seems like you're expecting a handful of upperclassmen to make a difference.