Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speaking of the NFL draft, Arkansas' futility with 1st round picks.

Started by PLHawg, April 26, 2017, 03:25:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PLHawg

Hard to believe our last first round picks were McFadden and Jones in 2008, almost 10 yrs.  That's really a bit mind-boggling.  In fact, was listening to Bo's show, and we and Vandy are the only two SEC teams with no first rounders in the last five years.  Vandy maybe getting ready to break that streak which will leave us all alone with that distinction.  Not really a gripe post as much as a hard- to- believe post.

Razorbackers

Not really that hard to believe.

32 teams spread out between 2-3 recruiting classes nationwide when you account for redshirts and medical hardships and all that.

What's more impressive is how many teams have multiple first rounders in a year.

Jackrabbit Hog

If teams had do-overs, Trey Flowers would have been a first rounder.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PLHawg on April 26, 2017, 03:25:50 pm
Hard to believe our last first round picks were McFadden and Jones in 2008, almost 10 yrs.  That's really a bit mind-boggling.  In fact, was listening to Bo's show, and we and Vandy are the only two SEC teams with no first rounders in the last five years.  Vandy maybe getting ready to break that streak which will leave us all alone with that distinction.  Not really a gripe post as much as a hard- to- believe post.
Don't you know? Everyone hates Arkansas. ESPN started it! :( :razorback:

Hard to believe Jerry Jones tried to turn Felix Jones into a 225 pound halfback. Looked more like a fullback when they got through with him. I still get pissed every time I think about that and I'm a Cowboy's fan. Should have kept him at the cat quick 205 pounds he was at that made him a 1st round draft pick. >:(
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

bennyl08

Hunter Henry is the only one to go above the 3rd round since then as well.

Interestingly, we have done extremely well in the draft overall with more draft picks over the past 5 and 10 years than everybody in the SEC except Bama, Florida, Georgia, and LSU.

Which goes to show that we haven't had elite talent that some other teams have had, but we have had deeper talent than most.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse