Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenie

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 27, 2017, 02:25:48 pm
the hogs still own South Arkansas by a huge margin . LSU has a scattering of fans as does Bama . in the Southeast there are a few OLE miss maybe but they are a small group at best

Agreed. I grew up in SEArk.  I remember a few Ole Miss or MSU fans, and none for LaTech, LSU, Bama, or anyone else.  Hogs fans dominated.  This was my experience, FWIW. 

Wildhog

I know quite a few LSU fans from El Do.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Ā 

rljjr

Lots of smoke for Baylor.

gchamblee

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 06:43:24 pm
I don't have to downgrade another to prove a point. Crockett's numbers speak for themselves. We whiffed. As for Greenlaw, we pay a staff well over 6 Mil dollars a year to not need a different set of eyes to recognize talent. They aren't very good at it. Period

Dominicanhog

Quote from: greenie on June 27, 2017, 03:02:21 pm
Agreed. I grew up in SEArk.  I remember a few Ole Miss or MSU fans, and none for LaTech, LSU, Bama, or anyone else.  Hogs fans dominated.  This was my experience, FWIW.

same here ....and a couple Tennessee and few Delta State fans from my area..

PorkRinds

Quote from: rljjr on June 27, 2017, 04:57:59 pm
Lots of smoke for Baylor.

That's the smoldering ashes of their program being stirred up by the pending NCAA investigstion.

Wildhog

Better Baylor than an SEC school...
1909/1964/1965/1977

sickboy

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 28, 2017, 09:09:34 am
That's the smoldering ashes of their program being stirred up by the pending NCAA investigstion.

Baylor might not be a football program by the time he hits any campus.

HardingHog

https://twitter.com/gerry_bohanon/status/886376861613338624

Bohannon will be in Oxford tomorrow

https://twitter.com/cnoland_13/status/886393556201381888

This kid is great. We need to hire him as the head of recruiting after his playing days are over

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Wildhog on June 27, 2017, 03:12:00 pm
I know quite a few LSU fans from El Do.
I was just about to say this. I grew up there, and the LSU presence is supringly strong. A few years ago there was a burger king billboard up in el dorado for some type of LSU themed burger. I couldnt believe my eyes
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

presidenthog

July 15, 2017, 11:55:30 pm #610 Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:30:38 am by presidenthog
Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 15, 2017, 10:56:19 pm
I was just about to say this. I grew up there, and the LSU presence is supringly strong. A few years ago there was a burger king billboard up in el dorado for some type of LSU themed burger. I couldnt believe my eyes

During the 2013 season my brother ran a sonic and had the Brandon Allen burger. Pick 6 toppings and pay dearly.

I would have tried the lsu themed burger. I bet les was the coach, and grass was a topping.

arkhomer

Quote from: HardingHog on July 15, 2017, 10:46:54 pm
https://twitter.com/gerry_bohanon/status/886376861613338624

Bohannon will be in Oxford tomorrow

https://twitter.com/cnoland_13/status/886393556201381888

This kid is great. We need to hire him as the head of recruiting after his playing days are over

Wonder how that Ole Miss visit went?

Blythevillehogwild

I wonder if any of you guys are actually from Arkansas how in the world can you say Earle is in South Arkansas it's just outside of Memphis TN. Sorry but I'm getting upset with some of you guys on here definitely by me being from Northeast Arkansas that's upsetting to us up here to be honest with you

Ā 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Blythevillehogwild on July 21, 2017, 04:18:02 pm
I wonder if any of you guys are actually from Arkansas how in the world can you say Earle is in South Arkansas it's just outside of Memphis TN. Sorry but I'm getting upset with some of you guys on here definitely by me being from Northeast Arkansas that's upsetting to us up here to be honest with you

No one cares what is upsetting you.

Arctic Hog

Quote from: Blythevillehogwild on July 21, 2017, 04:18:02 pm

Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity.   ;D

I get the feeling that folks west of the I-30/Highway 167/Highway 67 line consider anything over by the Mississippi River to be "South Arkansas".  I grew up in Bryant and Hot Springs.  While Hot Springs is south of a horizontal line through Little Rock, it never felt like South Arkansas.  But ask me about a town over by Memphis, and yeah, that was South Arkansas.  I know, it doesn't make sense.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

AirWarren

Quote from: PorkRinds on July 21, 2017, 04:50:11 pm
No one cares what is upsetting you.

Yet you'll be the first one crying when this kid leaves Arkansas.

AirWarren

Quote from: Arctic Hog on July 21, 2017, 04:51:41 pm
Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity.   ;D

I get the feeling that folks west of the I-30/Highway 167/Highway 67 line consider anything over by the Mississippi River to be "South Arkansas".  I grew up in Bryant and Hot Springs.  While Hot Springs is south of a horizontal line through Little Rock, it never felt like South Arkansas.  But ask me about a town over by Memphis, and yeah, that was South Arkansas.  I know, it doesn't make sense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Arkansas

Everything else North is pretty much Yankee world.  ;D

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on July 27, 2017, 04:38:20 pm
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Arkansas

Everything else North is pretty much Yankee world.  ;D

Good to know you're now a Yankee like most of us.........

Athog

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 27, 2017, 02:25:48 pm
the hogs still own South Arkansas by a huge margin . LSU has a scattering of fans as does Bama . in the Southeast there are a few OLE miss maybe but they are a small group at best

Grew up in south Ar and it is strong Hog country by a wide margin!!

PorkRinds

Quote from: AP85 on July 27, 2017, 04:34:46 pm

Nah. I don't expect him to come here ultimately.

Wildhog

Quote from: AP85 on July 27, 2017, 04:34:46 pm

I'd be shocked if he ended up at Arkansas.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Wildhog on July 28, 2017, 11:56:48 am
I'd be shocked if he ended up at Arkansas.
If he does, it will be as a LB.  The qb option is no longer available.
All Gas, No Brakes!

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Ā 

The Hawg Marshal

So we made his top 4, along with Ole Miss , Baylor,and Louisville and LSU kind of in the mix. I'm glad we are on the list, but I can't understand how any kid could consider Ole Miss and Baylor right now.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Deep Shoat on July 28, 2017, 12:57:59 pm
If he does, it will be as a LB.  The qb option is no longer available.

why?

oldfart

for those who say we already have a QB commitment im still concerned about connor noland and MLB. if he is as good as indicated that bonus money can be hard to turn down

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 29, 2017, 08:23:20 am
why?
Because he is raw, at best, as a QB.  He's a stud athlete who could help us far more at other positions.  But he isn't really a QB.  Our numbers are too tight to waste a spot on a kid that will just have to be moved after wasting his red shirt and frosh seasons proving to him that he won't play QB at a high level in the SEC.

As to why he's considering Baylor and Ole Miss, it's because they are the only teams willing to even think about playing him at QB. 
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: oldfart on August 29, 2017, 08:48:20 am
for those who say we already have a QB commitment im still concerned about connor noland and MLB. if he is as good as indicated that bonus money can be hard to turn down
Noland isn't a high enough prospect to get the kind of money it would take to get him away from Fayetteville.  He's made abundantly clear to MLB what kind of pay day is required.  It has to be generational life change money.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

http://247sports.com/Video/2017-Elite-11-Finals-Gerry-Bohanon-in-Action-7421821?View=Full

This is him at the Elite 11 finals (man, have they dropped off).  Look st how long his release is and how inaccurate he is.  This is no pressure, no pads on the practice field.  And yet, he almost never hits a receiver in stride.

Now go watch Noland.  You'll quickly understand why no one is interested in Gerry, who is absolutely a star athletic talent, as a QB.
All Gas, No Brakes!

redleg

I have read somewhere that Bielema wants Bohanon to play OLB, specifically, to take over for Ramsey after he graduates. I think that would be Bohanon's best option for an extended successful career after college.

As for his college considerations, Arkansas makes sense, & playing dual-threat QB for spread teams at Louisville and Baylor makes sense (although 9 out of 10 dual-threat and spread QBs do not translate well to the NFL), but considering Ole Miss is a huge head-scratcher considering all of the trouble they have been in with the NCAA and the probability that they will be hit with strict sanctions very soon. LSU is another possible destination I suppose, but only if he is willing to be despised within his home state (ala Michael Dyer, Keihl Frazier, etc.), but I am not sure many high school athletes takes things like that into consideration.

My best guess? I see Bohanon buying the hype that he could be highly successful as a QB (maybe even put up huge numbers and win the Heisman), and signing with Baylor or Louisville. Too bad.  :-[
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Gerry is not a drop back passer..  He is better at throwing on the run and scrambling.  Our line usually don't allow our qb's to just stand in the pocket all day anyways.  I'm not gonna base that video on much.  And i didn't get to watch it b/c it brought up ad after ad. 

redleg

I disagree. Your statement is based on 2016 and the O-Line giving up 35 sacks. But the fact is, last season was an aberration. Typically, a Bret Bielema offensive line is very good at pass protection, just look at the time Brandon Allen had to throw the football in 2014 and 2015 and how few sacks occurred in those two seasons, or any of his QBs at Wisconsin.
Gerry will be a very good spread or spread-option college QB. But like I said, 9 out of 10 spread QBs do not do well in the League. However, he'd be a very good OLB, and he would have a much better chance at a longer and more successful pro career at that position, if it was in the cards for him to make it to the NFL.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Deep Shoat on August 29, 2017, 09:38:01 am
Because he is raw, at best, as a QB.  He's a stud athlete who could help us far more at other positions.  But he isn't really a QB.  Our numbers are too tight to waste a spot on a kid that will just have to be moved after wasting his red shirt and frosh seasons proving to him that he won't play QB at a high level in the SEC.

As to why he's considering Baylor and Ole Miss, it's because they are the only teams willing to even think about playing him at QB. 

I don't doubt your assessment.  I am well aware of Bohanon's perceived strenghts and weaknesses.  What I'm asking is why is QB off the table?  Supposedly, at one point, the staff made it clear to Bohanon that he would get his shot at QB if he comes to AR.  What has changed since then?  They're still recruiting him, correct?  Having Nolan didn't seem to change any of that before so, does it now?  I assume that his "shot" at QB is still on the table. 

Virgil

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 29, 2017, 11:11:11 am
I don't doubt your assessment.  I am well aware of Bohanon's perceived strenghts and weaknesses.  What I'm asking is why is QB off the table?  Supposedly, at one point, the staff made it clear to Bohanon that he would get his shot at QB if he comes to AR.  What has changed since then?  They're still recruiting him, correct?  Having Nolan didn't seem to change any of that before so, does it now?  I assume that his "shot" at QB is still on the table. 

It hasn't changed.  This guy is just being a know it all. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on August 29, 2017, 11:11:11 am
He had the chance to commit THEN.  Now, all but two, maybe three slots are filled.  They are earmarked for best available at OL/DL and maybe LB.  QB isn't one of those slots.

All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Virgil on August 29, 2017, 12:27:35 pm
It hasn't changed.  This guy is just being a know it all.
Yeah brother, it changed.  I'm not a know it all, but I am a "know this".

The only way Bohannon ends up at Arkansas as a QB in the 2018 class is as a walk on.
All Gas, No Brakes!

redleg

That's what I was being told too. Bielema wants Bohanon bad, but as an OLB!

Potosihog

He might want to rethink that Baylor thing

ADavisTheGOAT

Gerry should just ask Devin White how switching to defense works out.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ricepig

Lunney and Bielema watch Earle and HWH on Friday night.

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

Quote from: oldfart on August 29, 2017, 08:48:20 am

LOL.!!! I thought by MLB you meant Middle Linebacker... It made much more sense once I figured out it was Major League Baseball...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

greenie

Quote from: Potosihog on September 02, 2017, 10:48:08 pm
He might want to rethink that Baylor thing

That loss to Liberty will be very hard to overcome this season for Baylor.  If he insists on playing QB, Louisville may be his best option.  I'm holding out hope that he sees the light, as HogFan991 eluded to with Devin White, and consider what coaches are telling him about his best chance to see the field.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: greenie on September 03, 2017, 12:34:11 pm
That loss to Liberty will be very hard to overcome this season for Baylor.  If he insists on playing QB, Louisville may be his best option.  I'm holding out hope that he sees the light, as HogFan991 eluded to with Devin White, and consider what coaches are telling him about his best chance to see the field.

But didn't we shift gears and offer him as a QB?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 02:03:08 pm
But didn't we shift gears and offer him as a QB?
The QB offer was rescinded when we got our 11th and 12th commits.

He's an OLB at Arkansas or he's not at Arkansas.  No spots left for anything but an OL/DL/OLB/TE/Foucha.  The first two of those will close the class, barring something significant changing.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Deep Shoat on September 03, 2017, 02:14:04 pm
The QB offer was rescinded when we got our 11th and 12th commits.

He's an OLB at Arkansas or he's not at Arkansas.  No spots left for anything but an OL/DL/OLB/TE/Foucha.  The first two of those will close the class, barring something significant changing.

Then I expect him not at Arkansas.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

greenie

Will be interesting to see what he does.  Of those schools that appear to be interested, Baylor would be a major gamble on his part; Ole Miss will probably do anything at this point to land a recruit of his stature (including offer him at QB); Louisville already has a dual-threat QB verbal, but if CBP tells him he'll have a shot at QB, this might lure him; MS State also already has a dual-threat QB verbal, and Mullin is absolutely proven when it comes to developing/utilizing a running QB, but I'm not sure of their interested anymore; and we all know what Arkansas is offering.  I guess he could end up going to a non-P5 like A-State or Memphis...or how about Central Florida?  Like I said, this will be interesting to watch.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: greenie on September 03, 2017, 03:08:10 pm
Will be interesting to see what he does.  Of those schools that appear to be interested, Baylor would be a major gamble on his part; Ole Miss will probably do anything at this point to land a recruit of his stature (including offer him at QB); Louisville already has a dual-threat QB verbal, but if CBP tells him he'll have a shot at QB, this might lure him; MS State also already has a dual-threat QB verbal, and Mullin is absolutely proven when it comes to developing/utilizing a running QB, but I'm not sure of their interested anymore; and we all know what Arkansas is offering.  I guess he could end up going to a non-P5 like A-State or Memphis...or how about Central Florida?  Like I said, this will be interesting to watch.

I expect a few D-1 schools will keep a QB scholie open for him if he wants it.  And if he's truly dead set on being a QB, then he'll certainly take one of them.  If I was him and dead set on QB, then I'd go with Mullins.

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on September 03, 2017, 03:12:35 pm
I expect a few D-1 schools will keep a QB scholie open for him if he wants it.  And if he's truly dead set on being a QB, then he'll certainly take one of them.  If I was him and dead set on QB, then I'd go with Mullins.
State doesn't really want him anymore.  It's Ole Miss and Baylor for Power 5 QB offers at the moment.

He may get more as the season goes along.
All Gas, No Brakes!

HossHog

We could use him at OLB and as a QB in goal line packages. Not sure if that would peak his interest or not though.