Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

We can't miss on this guy. He's our Cam.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

theFlyingHog

sickboy

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 23, 2017, 05:37:07 pm
We can't miss on this guy. He's our Cam.

Them's big shoes to fill. Cam was 6'6", 235 coming out of high school at a metro Atlanta school. Guy was huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrsdCY7z8s

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: sickboy on May 23, 2017, 07:52:10 pm
Them's big shoes to fill. Cam was 6'6", 235 coming out of high school at a metro Atlanta school. Guy was huge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrsdCY7z8s
true that but we'll see how big he is in a year.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

ADavisTheGOAT

Let's sell our integrity to Gerry.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on May 23, 2017, 10:00:15 pm
My motorcycle is missing. And I don't smell anything in the kitchen

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 23, 2017, 10:52:22 pm
good one, josh morgan  ;D

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: theFlyingHog on May 23, 2017, 10:52:22 pm
;D
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Iceman

Is Gerry Bohanon that much better than Connor Noland?

HogHomer

Quote from: The_Iceman on May 24, 2017, 04:18:06 pm
No and it's pretty debatable which ones the "better" one but some people seemed convinced to crown Bohanon, a good prospect,  as our Cam while Noland gets pushed to the side.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogHomer on May 24, 2017, 05:08:05 pm
No and it's pretty debatable which ones the "better" one but some people seemed convinced to crown Bohanon, a good prospect,  as our Cam while Noland gets pushed to the side.
and some of us want both.

HogHomer

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 24, 2017, 05:25:34 pm
I would like both as well but I would rather have the guy that is committed and helping us recruit and lead our new recruits to hopefully new heights than a guy that looks to not really even rate his home team. First Auburn was in the lead and now Miss St. It seems that some want to talk up a guy that's not even committed yet forget about the one who's been committed for a while and is actively recruiting for us.

If Bohanon picks us great it gives us scary good depth at QB but if he doesn't we will be just as good with a great leader and QB prospect in Noland waiting in the wings when his time comes.

woodrow hog call

If they are even considered to be close to the same level prospects, it would be a HUGE plus for Gerry Bohanon, when you look at the program that Connor plays in and the amount of coaching he gets compared to Bohanon. That is what is so intriguing to me about Bohanon, his upside could be, (COULD BE) extremely high, once he gets into a situation where he is getting one on one coaching and teaching about the finer points of playing QB.

That and the fact that I was a fan of "Hell On Wheels", and every time I see his name, I hear the voice of the crazy swede saying "Mr. Bohanon".
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Seebs

Quote from: Hogfan991 on May 23, 2017, 10:00:15 pm

Baylor, Ole MIss and Louisville in his final six ...
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

ArkansasI

No disrespect to Gerry... but if his dream school was Auburn, I suspect he may no longer have a commitable  offer after they received the QB commitment referenced a few pages back.

MSU got one, too. It appears a lot of guys are committing early... securing their spots.

With around 20 available spots, the Hogs might afford to be selective. Puts schollies in demand.

greenie

Human nature...here's the opinion matrix for all possible situations:
Noland-committed, Bohanon-not committed     = Bohanon considered superior
Noland-not committed, Bohanon-committed     = Noland considered superior
Noland-not committed, Bohanon-not commited = panic, we just can't land Arkansas talent
Noland- committed, Bohanon-committed          = complain, we're already deep at QB, should've used that scholly for OL or DL

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ArkansasI on May 24, 2017, 06:27:45 pm
No disrespect to Gerry... but if his dream school was Auburn, I suspect he may no longer have a commitable  offer after they received the QB commitment referenced a few pages back.

MSU got one, too. It appears a lot of guys are committing early... securing their spots.

With around 20 available spots, the Hogs might afford to be selective. Puts schollies in demand.

I suspect Gerry is not a recruit we'd slow play...if that's what you're suggesting.  Apparently too much up side, and at positions other than QB. 

Quote from: greenie on May 24, 2017, 06:52:45 pm
Noland-not committed, Bohanon-not commited = panic, we just can't land Arkansas talent
Noland- committed, Bohanon-committed          = complain, we're already deep at QB, should've used that scholly for OL or DL

Pretty much. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

sickboy

That is correct.

jbcarol

The newest stud to fall in love with Mississippi State is Jalen Mayden, a 4-star from Sachse (Texas) High School who is the No. 12 dual-threat quarterback in the 2018 recruiting class. He committed to Mississippi State over Tennessee, Nebraska, Louisville and Baylor on Tuesday night.

Of the top 21-ranked 2018 quarterback prospects, only two are committed to SEC schools — Mayden and Tennessee pledge Adrian Martinez. Only four of those players are uncommitted, too.

QuoteState only has two scholarship quarterbacks on its roster — Fitzgerald and Thompson —so Mayden's pledge helps the numbers situation, as well. By the time Mayden enrolls, Fitzgerald will be a senior and Thompson would be a true sophomore, so the Texas product could redshirt in 2018 and then theoretically take over for Thompson in 2020 if all goes according to plan. That's in the distant future, though.

The Bulldogs will likely take a second quarterback in this class, but having a 4-star prospect already in the fold is a sure-fire way to help coaches breathe a bit easier.

As of Wednesday, Mississippi State's class is nine commitments strong — headlined by Mayden and 4-star receiver Malik Heath — and is No. 4 in the SEC...

But that second or third QB may not be the subject of this thread.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 24, 2017, 05:25:34 pm
Put me in this category. Two different types of quarterbacks. Let's get both of them and let the chips fall where they may. Can't pass up on top notch talent in Arkansas no matter what position they play. Gerry is more than capable of playing other positions if need be.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

That's hogville at it's finest right there...Complain no matter what.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: woodrow hog call on May 24, 2017, 05:38:51 pm
If they are even considered to be close to the same level prospects, it would be a HUGE plus for Gerry Bohanon, when you look at the program that Connor plays in and the amount of coaching he gets compared to Bohanon. That is what is so intriguing to me about Bohanon, his upside could be, (COULD BE) extremely high, once he gets into a situation where he is getting one on one coaching and teaching about the finer points of playing QB.

That and the fact that I was a fan of "Hell On Wheels", and every time I see his name, I hear the voice of the crazy swede saying "Mr. Bohanon".
YES!! So much this. especially the last part. the country drawl of their PA announcer saying, "BO-hanon, back to pass..." is perfect, too. Mr Bohanan was a bad man.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on May 25, 2017, 09:32:36 am
Put me in this category. Two different types of quarterbacks. Let's get both of them and let the chips fall where they may. Can't pass up on top notch talent in Arkansas no matter what position they play. Gerry is more than capable of playing other positions if need be.
yeah , man. This dude is no Keil Frazier. If he goes elsewhere, it better be Louisville, because I don't want him to "Cam" us for 2-3 seasons down the road. Too good NOT to try because even if he doesn't work out at QB, he'll see the field somewhere.

Also, Connor and the baseball thing is a wee elephant in the room. Not just the draft aspect as I think we'll avoid it being a real factor, but the development factor, too. Last guy who tried was a terrible QB until he concentrated on football and then he was pretty darn good. Can Connor do both and be a SEC Qb? I HOPE SO!! I love the way the kid throws the football. But, we definitely should hedge our bet. And who better to do that with than a high ceiling guy who could play defense if need be?

PorkRinds

Hearing he's Houston bound from the twitters.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 07, 2017, 10:13:41 pm

That would be kind of a surprise to me
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on June 07, 2017, 10:13:41 pm

EDIT: He has not committed to Houston
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HogCzar1

I just saw where he said he did not commit to UH, but just reported an offer from them.

But, I did get a push on my phone earlier that he committed to UH, but I just checked his twitter, and he says he did not commit.

HardingHog

https://twitter.com/iam_phenom/status/872632937442881537

I believe it was just poor wording on his part when he tweeted about the offer

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on June 07, 2017, 10:40:56 pm
EDIT: He has not committed to Houston

Some old people have a hard time understanding twitter, give him a break........

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HardingHog on June 08, 2017, 02:16:03 am
https://twitter.com/iam_phenom/status/872632937442881537

I believe it was just poor wording on his part when he tweeted about the offer
Lord I hope so. That would definitely be a shocker.

Bubba's Bruisers

It seems we typically lose 1 in-state blue chipper each year.  I'm betting Bohannon is the one for 2018. 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

rljjr

Quote from: ricepig on June 08, 2017, 07:20:28 am
Some old people have a hard time understanding twitter, give him a break........

Come on, Rice, to old people it's "The Twitter."

gmarv

Quote from: ricepig on June 08, 2017, 07:20:28 am
You got that right and i am one of them.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: HogHomer on May 24, 2017, 05:34:38 pm
I would like both as well but I would rather have the guy that is committed and helping us recruit and lead our new recruits to hopefully new heights than a guy that looks to not really even rate his home team. First Auburn was in the lead and now Miss St. It seems that some want to talk up a guy that's not even committed yet forget about the one who's been committed for a while and is actively recruiting for us.

If Bohanon picks us great it gives us scary good depth at QB but if he doesn't we will be just as good with a great leader and QB prospect in Noland waiting in the wings when his time comes.
I think we put too much stock into that sometimes. Step away from the states 2 metro areas (Fayetteville, Little Rock) and the razorbacks presence isn't really that strong. On top of that, a kid from south/ south east Arkansas would actually be closer to an ole miss or LA Tech than the U of A. Its one of the disadvantages of having your flagship in a  far corner of the state.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Hogberry Snortcake

rljjr

What's interesting is a MSU beat writer just switched his crystal ball from MSU to "Foggy" ... but he's the only one. There are 10 others (including Otis) who still have MSU. Granted most of them don't switch in a timely manner, and their guesses are just as good as anyone else's really, but still, it's interesting b/c it came from an MSU guy.

WooPig90

I think Noland ends up the baseball route so Gerry is must get then

nwahogfan1

Without me going thru all 12 pages on here can some tell me what offensive system does Bohanon want to play in?  Spread? Pro? Combination?  Has he said?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on June 08, 2017, 09:11:59 am
If it has to be somebody else, I'd take Houston.  Stay out of our conference.
true that. we could even cheer for him that way.

SRV

Quote from: woodrow hog call on May 24, 2017, 05:38:51 pm

Excellent
We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....

Paul

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on June 08, 2017, 09:01:59 am
I think we put too much stock into that sometimes. Step away from the states 2 metro areas (Fayetteville, Little Rock) and the razorbacks presence isn't really that strong. On top of that, a kid from south/ south east Arkansas would actually be closer to an ole miss or LA Tech than the U of A. Its one of the disadvantages of having your flagship in a  far corner of the state.
thought he was from Earle

oldfart

thats true but i dont think we are gonna change that... happens in a lot of places... take knoxville for example....

jbcarol

TX HOG

That has to be a good thing

greenie

I know it's early, but lots of folks crystal-balling him to Baylor in the last few days.  Maybe he visited there?

tophawg19

the hogs still own South Arkansas by a huge margin . LSU has a scattering of fans as does Bama . in the Southeast there are a few OLE miss maybe but they are a small group at best
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins