Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Seebs

Quote from: ArkansasI on May 12, 2017, 09:13:41 pm
That's a pretty significant commit.

And I doubt he is prodding Gerry to join him in Auburn.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Seebs on May 13, 2017, 09:02:09 am
And I doubt he is prodding Gerry to join him in Auburn.
yeah, that dude is the heir apparent at Auburn if Gus remains. He may be an "athlete", but he is the #1 athlete in the country. As we all know, Gus prefers an athlete to a Qb any day.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HardingHog

Quote from: King Kong on May 12, 2017, 08:28:10 pm
Nope Auburn has a QB commit as well

http://247sports.com/Player/Joey-Gatewood-78014

Ahh.. yeah, I was just looking for the "QB" designation so I missed that guy. Yeah, he looks like a prototypical Auburn QB target

So with that knowledge and what we know, I like our chances with Mr. Bohannon. Hope he's a Hog May 19th!

KlubhouseKonnected

Auburn wants two QB's and at least initially Gatewood was not happy with that.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

redleg

If Bohanon signs with Arkansas, and I certainly hope that he does, I would not be surprised at all if he is moved to OLB after a year. I think that position would suit him better, and it would give him a much higher chance of making it to the next level (NFL) with an extended career, instead of a flash-in-the-pan as a QB.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Pig in the Pokey

May 15, 2017, 09:59:26 am #405 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:12:31 am by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: redleg on May 15, 2017, 09:43:11 am
If Bohanon signs with Arkansas, and I certainly hope that he does, I would not be surprised at all if he is moved to OLB after a year. I think that position would suit him better, and it would give him a much higher chance of making it to the next level (NFL) with an extended career, instead of a flash-in-the-pan as a QB.
:razorback:
Not sure where this logic comes from except that he would actually be able to play other positions. Dude has a HUGE arm,is super accurate, and is a true QB. He hits his receivers in stride, even 60 yards downfield. His yards are almost all from deep balls.

He probably beats out Connor Nolan, when it comes down to it.

#1 Prospect in the State! #1 , consensus 4*, #11 dual threat Qb;and ya'll want him to change positions. pppssshhhtttt...

what we need to hope is he doesnt go to Alabama.
http://247sports.com/Player/Gerry-Bohanon-94311

offers, as a QB: LSU, ALABAMA, AUBURN, Arkansas, Baylor, Louisville, Tennessee, Miss State, Ole Piss, Georgia, .... and the list goes on.

He is quite possibly better than Connor, we need to all understand this. We also need to understan that Nolan is ridiculously good as a pitcher , lifetime era of 0.4, so he quite possibly gets the multi-millions that could keep him from ever seeing the field as a Hog.   http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6798230/582a9c6b3bd81447ac6438e4 video is nasty. 7:40 , double stiff arm run is LOL.

Next Friday, we all need to show the love and let's be super happy for this prospect if we are lucky enough to get him. Fair warning to those that immediately try to make him into a LB, TE, or DE. I WILL call you out, folks!! We can even hypothesise as to WHY people won't give him the credit that an Arkansas' pre-season Mr Football deserves. :P
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

May 15, 2017, 10:32:42 am #406 Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:12:48 am by Pig in the Pokey
not that I don't love having both if we can. Between those two, imo, we should have us a star or two.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2017, 09:59:26 am
Not sure where this logic comes from except that he would actually be able to play other positions. Dude has a HUGE arm,is super accurate, and is a true QB. He hits his receivers in stride, even 60 yards downfield. His yards are almost all from deep balls.

He is quite possibly better than Connor, we need to all understand this.
Calm down dude and quit ragging on Connor's abilities only because he's been committed for so long and not the 'next' commit.

Pig in the Pokey

May 15, 2017, 11:07:19 am #408 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:18:32 pm by Pig in the Pokey
Quote from: rolyat_2008 on May 15, 2017, 10:58:33 am
Calm down dude and quit ragging on Connor's abilities only because he's been committed for so long and not the 'next' commit.
calm down? ragging on connor? I literally called him "ridiculously good", and said "imo" , while never caps locking or using exclamation points. Calm down, you said.  wth are you onabout?  ::)  seem a bit triggered.

that "next commit" is the best prospect in the state, bruh.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2017, 09:59:26 am

#1 Prospect in the State! #1 , consensus 4*, #11 dual threat Qb;and ya'll want him to change positions. pppssshhhtttt...

what we need to hope is he doesnt go to Alabama.
http://247sports.com/Player/Gerry-Bohanon-94311

offers, as a QB: LSU, ALABAMA, AUBURN, Arkansas, Baylor, Louisville, Tennessee, Miss State, Ole Piss, Georgia, .... and the list goes on.

He is quite possibly better than Connor, we need to all understand this. We also need to understan that Nolan is ridiculously good as a pitcher , lifetime era of 0.4, so he quite possibly gets the multi-millions that could keep him from ever seeing the field as a Hog.   http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6798230/582a9c6b3bd81447ac6438e4 video is nasty. 7:40 , double stiff arm run is LOL.

Next Friday, we all need to show the love and let's be super happy for this prospect if we are lucky enough to get him. Fair warning to those that immediately try to make him into a LB, TE, or DE. I WILL call you out, folks!! We can even hypothesise as to WHY people won't give him the credit that an Arkansas' pre-season Mr Football deserves. :P

Their ranking is basically the same. I'll gladly take both. Noland can play baseball and Bohanon has potential to play other positions, so both have fall backs if they don't win the starting job.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 15, 2017, 12:05:07 pm
Their ranking is basically the same. I'll gladly take both. Noland can play baseball and Bohanon has potential to play other positions, so both have fall backs if they don't win the starting job.

This.  I have no particular inside information, but I worry about Noland and the MLB draft.  If we get both, that doesn't leave us high and dry. 

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on May 14, 2017, 04:26:48 pm
Auburn wants two QB's and at least initially Gatewood was not happy with that.
And of course contrast that initial reaction with that of Noland who is all for Bohanon coming on board, even if a potential rival for the same position in the same class. Wonder who really has the best interest of their respective programs at heart ??? ::) :-X

NoogaHog

That hudl video is nasty. He is quite a load to take down besides his speed and has a really strong arm. I'm sold. (que the comparisons to Dak or Cam or Fitzgerald)
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

NoogaHog

I also wonder if Noland will ever make it to campus.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on May 15, 2017, 12:28:21 pm
This.  I have no particular inside information, but I worry about Noland and the MLB draft.  If we get both, that doesn't leave us high and dry.
With Peavey and Town transferring out it opens the potential of taking two in this class.

The scholarship limitations of the 2018 class is where taking two will hurt.

Bacon_Bitz

First crystal ball action of the week on Mr. Bohannon, and Steve Wiltfong, a national recruiting analyst for 247 who usually gets things right, switched his crystal ball from Alabama to Mississippi State.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: rolyat_2008 on May 15, 2017, 01:17:37 pm
With Peavey and Town transferring out it opens the potential of taking two in this class.

The scholarship limitations of the 2018 class is where taking two will hurt.

Yeah, but it helps if one of those guys can play multiple spots.  If he's not a qb, he's not just taking up a roster/recruiting class spot.  We take one qb a year with the expectation that some of those guys will wash out or move on.  Only one qb this year and if he were to go MLB would leave us short specifically because of the loss of the two you mentioned.  I'm not worried about QB's in general at all, just believe that the possibility of CN actually making it to campus is relevant. 

Maybe someone on here has some insight into his draft-ability in that regard.  I have no idea.  I've just heard that he's good. 

navyhog24

Otis just CB'd him to MSU as well.

Pig in the Pokey

MSU? I just dont see it. i mean, mullen is the running qb guru, yeah. But still.

rolyat_2008

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2017, 02:07:13 pm
MSU? I just dont see it. i mean, mullen is the running qb guru, yeah. But still.
What do you not see? The offense fits him and Mullen is a coach that actually develops raw, athletic QBs plus he's being told look at Dak now.

Better than going to somewhere like Georgia or Auburn that promise him QB now but he signs and after on campus move him to WR or LB.

Virgil

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 15, 2017, 02:07:13 pm

It surprised me but there are now 7 picks and they are all for MSU.   
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

ADavisTheGOAT

Can't really blame Gerry. MSU is a great fit for him.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Andrew Hogfan

Bummer. I wanted him on the hill, at qb. O well. Good luck except when he plays the hogs.
WPS!!!

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on May 15, 2017, 03:01:57 pm
Bummer. I wanted him on the hill, at qb. O well. Good luck except when he plays the hogs.
Its not OVER!!! was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor?

Andrew Hogfan

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on May 15, 2017, 03:16:00 pm
Its not OVER!!! was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor?
That made me laugh. What movie is that from?
WPS!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on May 15, 2017, 03:39:01 pm
That made me laugh. What movie is that from?
How about Bluto's famous rant from Animal House. :) :D 8)

Andrew Hogfan

Thank you!!! Just couldnt remember. That would have drove me nuts.
WPS!!!

King Kong

Losing an in State kid to MSU. There's a first

GoHogzzGo

.... MSU ...... what the ..... ugh I cannot wait until someone snaps Mullin up, cannot believe it has taken so long for a big program to do so.

In conference too, if he isn't going UA got to Ohio State or something not same division, dang.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Hogberry Snortcake on May 15, 2017, 12:28:21 pm

I don't think the draft is something to worry about, I think he will be drafted but, I think he is pretty set on being a two sport hog. The money it would probably take to keep him from coming to school, is the kind of money they only throw around to the early rounds, and I don't think he projects that high.

That is of course subject to change if he comes out next spring and has added 5 to 6 MPH to his fast ball, that could bring him into the discussion for an early pick and a large signing bonus, but then you have the sign-ability factor. When a kid is legitimate two sport star it's always a risk drafting them early because of the draw for them to go on to school and give football a try.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Andrew Hogfan

I have no idea, but what are the chances he adds that much to his fastball? 5-6 mph seems like a lot to me. How common is it? What is the normal gain between Jr and Sr year?
WPS!!!

PorkRyan

Quote from: Andrew Hogfan on May 15, 2017, 05:22:52 pm
I have no idea, but what are the chances he adds that much to his fastball? 5-6 mph seems like a lot to me. How common is it? What is the normal gain between Jr and Sr year?

He added about 1 mph from last year to this year.  Adding 5-6 in one year for a two sport player that is fully grown and coordinated is almost impossible.  It would take 100% dedication to a year round throwing program to even have a chance at that. 

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 15, 2017, 05:53:21 pm
He added about 1 mph from last year to this year.  Adding 5-6 in one year for a two sport player that is fully grown and coordinated is almost impossible.  It would take 100% dedication to a year round throwing program to even have a chance at that. 

He's quoted in SEC Country as saying it will take $2m to sign him, he won't get that, and we'll see once the offer really comes.

PorkRyan

Quote from: ricepig on May 15, 2017, 06:08:15 pm
He's quoted in SEC Country as saying it will take $2m to sign him, he won't get that, and we'll see once the offer really comes.

As a 6'2" RHP that is 86-89 with a 2 million dollar price tag there is a decent chance he goes undrafted.  Last year only two HS kids that were drafted in the top 10 rounds didn't sign.  If they can't sign you they won't draft you.  Benninghof had the highest bonus of any player outside of the first 10 rounds last year and that was 600k.  I don't think Connor would sign for that.     

woodrow hog call

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 15, 2017, 05:53:21 pm

I agree completely, I just added that because of the $$$$$ amounts that I had heard he was looking to sign for,  that would be the only way he could get close to those figures.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

ricepig

Bohanon is going to Oxfart tomorrow to visit.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Hogfan991 on May 15, 2017, 03:00:27 pm
Can't really blame Gerry. MSU is a great fit for him.
Agree. I think he'll do well there.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: ricepig on May 15, 2017, 07:37:03 pm
Bohanon is going to Oxfart tomorrow to visit.

Can't pass on a chance for a nice hand out

AlmaHog2011

Can't lose this kid to Miss State!! No freakin way if we do BB better hope the Greenwood kid is a stud. Bohannon looks like a kid you should mold your offense to. I don't care about excuses this kid should be a Hog.

PintailKiller

Quote from: NoogaHog on May 15, 2017, 01:13:29 pm
I also wonder if Noland will ever make it to campus.

He will.  He is a  good pitcher, but not good enough to get drafted in the top 10 rounds.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Huds_HawgTide

Can't believe no one has called the dude out...the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor not the Germans wth is wrong with you ppl usually never let incorrect info fly
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

factchecker

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on May 15, 2017, 09:20:47 pm
Can't believe no one has called the dude out...the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor not the Germans wth is wrong with you ppl usually never let incorrect info fly

The quote is from Animal House:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Seebs

Quote from: Huds_HawgTide on May 15, 2017, 09:20:47 pm

You .. um ... you should stop coming here.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

hview

Man, I hope this young man signs with the Hogs!

Bubba's Bruisers

We typically seem to lose 1 in-state blue chipper each year.  Bohannon may be this year's.  If he's such a stud QB, I'm wondering why we supposedly offered him as an athlete before finally offering as QB.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

ArkansasI

Gerry should be a Hog.

Razorback fans that believe MSU - or any school other than the University of Arkansas - would be a good "fit" for an Arkansan are underestimating our program and staff.

Come to Arkansas Gerry. Compete - You'll have to wherever you go. Your talents will play well everywhere.   Go Hogs!

Deep Shoat

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on May 15, 2017, 09:11:31 pm
Can't lose this kid to Miss State!! No freakin way if we do BB better hope the Greenwood kid is a stud. Bohannon looks like a kid you should mold your offense to. I don't care about excuses this kid should be a Hog.
A running QB from Earle is a long way from "molding your offense to".

Seriously, the kid MIGHT be awesome.  But he's a running qb from a 2a school.
All Gas, No Brakes!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 15, 2017, 07:11:58 pm
As a 6'2" RHP that is 86-89 with a 2 million dollar price tag there is a decent chance he goes undrafted.  Last year only two HS kids that were drafted in the top 10 rounds didn't sign.  If they can't sign you they won't draft you.  Benninghof had the highest bonus of any player outside of the first 10 rounds last year and that was 600k.  I don't think Connor would sign for that.     
good post, man. kid is going to be a beast for us.

That said, I still really want Gerry, too. He is a hoss, man. A real load to bring down, yet fast as hell, too. I worry more about Connor playing both sports and not dedicating to the QB position more than I do the draft, though. That and pitchers always seem to need surgery. But, if he does play both, I'll cheer him on. He sure looks to be a very nasty pitcher.

ricepig

Quote from: Seebs on May 15, 2017, 09:29:40 pm
You .. um ... you should stop coming here.

I'm hoping it was a sarcastic call out, if not, read more, post less.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on May 15, 2017, 09:11:31 pm

Did you know who Bohanon was 6 months ago before Bama offered? Because I know I didn't and I'd bet half of this board didn't either.