Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 03:23:16 pm
I don't think Bielema was the first one to move Mitchell to WR, was he? If you suggest there is something else to this, then you don't know the history of Arkansas QB's, or Bielema's QB's. Now, does our system stress more of a passer than a runner, you bet. We aren't running the zone read, and I don't see it in the future either under Enos or Bielema.
Some of those qb's didn't run the zone read, but what's wrong with it? Are we to stupid to mix in some zone read? Get him on the corner on bootlegs and he would be a nightmare. He would also be able to avoid the rush better as a drop back passer due to his strength and agility? Maybe he just isn't a great passer. I guess we'll see. I'm more upset that he's an instate kid and he'll probably go to a school that will build an offense around him like Dak Prescott or Cam Newton. Did Auburn run the zone read with Sean White? No, they adapted. Why couldn't we adapt?

Hollywood870

Alabama goes from Blake Sims, to Jake Coker, back to Hurts. I guess they know how to adapt to what they have.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:29:29 pm
Some of those qb's didn't run the zone read, but what's wrong with it. Are we to stupid to mix in some zone read? Get him on the corner on bootlegs and he would be a nightmare. He would also be able to avoid the rush better as a drop back passer due to his strength and agility? Maybe he just isn't a great passer. I guess we'll see.

If it isn't your offense, that's what's wrong with it. Have you watched him play? It's against 3A schools who aren't very good at football, I live in the area. He may be the greatest athlete to ever live in Arkansas, WM should have given his mom a principal's job, he'd have a lot better competition to prove himself.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:33:25 pm
Alabama goes from Blake Sims, to Jake Coker, back to Hurts. I guess they know how to adapt to what they have.

Go cheer for Bama, then. If you're complaining about the offense, then try MMQB, this is the recruiting forum.

Hollywood870

When you're continually less talented than the major powers in your conference, you may want to do something a little unorthodox. I love Enos, don't get me wrong. But let's not limit ourselves. How many yards did Tommie Armstrong pass for this year while running some zone read? Is there a law that says we can't develop a black quarterback here? We might as well build Quinn Grovey a statue then. I don't like losing in state kids of this caliber. I didn't think Peavey got a fair shake either. But I may be wrong. Guess he went to SMU? We'll see how he does. I do know Austin Allen took a lot of hits because we have less talent at the line of scrimmage than most of our competition. Hopefully it was growing pains for the line last year and they really come together in the run and passing game.

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 03:36:50 pm
If it isn't your offense, that's what's wrong with it. Have you watched him play? It's against 3A schools who aren't very good at football, I live in the area. He may be the greatest athlete to ever live in Arkansas, WM should have given his mom a principal's job, he'd have a lot better competition to prove himself.
You may be right. He may end up not being any good. Who all has offered him so far btw? Probably no major offers. Most likely overrated.

Hollywood870

Quote from: ricepig on April 16, 2017, 03:37:56 pm
Go cheer for Bama, then. If you're complaining about the offense, then try MMQB, this is the recruiting forum.
I hit you with a post that makes sense and you tell me to go cheer for Bama. Awesome response. How about you go change your diaper?

Hollywood870

Ricepig you're the number one kiss ass on the board. Have been for awhile. And I do not care about getting banned. Fire away. You'll defend anything this staff does. Good luck to all of you.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:50:06 pm
You may be right. He may end up not being any good. Who all has offered him so far btw? Probably no major offers. Most likely overrated.
Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:50:06 pm

I think he has raw talent, and absolutely out classes his competition. Again, he doesn't fit our system, is he willing to try and learn it and develop? He has the offer, looks like it's up to him now.

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:55:22 pm
Ricepig you're the number one kiss ass on the board. Have been for awhile. And I do not care about getting banned. Fire away. You'll defend anything this staff does. Good luck to all of you.

And some criticize every move they make........

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:51:59 pm
I hit you with a post that makes sense and you tell me to go cheer for Bama. Awesome response. How about you go change your diaper?

It may have made sense to you, but it obviously doesn't to our staff, they like the pro-style offense, I guess that doesn't make sense to you. I told you they told him he could come compete for the QB job, that wasn't good enough for you. Obviously, you just wish to complain about the staff.

King Kong

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:13:59 pm
He can compete like Brandon Mitchell and get moved to WR and then go win the starting job at NC State in one fall while we play a rookie Brandon Allen and AJ Derby at QB? Gonna be another one of those situations?

So much ignorance in this post. BA outplayed BM. Would CBB have let BM play WR? Yes. Would BM have been the backup QB over Derby had he not transferred? Yes

You know part of the reason Mitchell Transferred to NC State was because of CBB's relationship with Doeren, right?

factchecker

He can compete like Brandon Mitchell and get moved to WR and then go win the starting job at NC State in one fall while we play a rookie Brandon Allen and AJ Derby at QB? Gonna be another one of those situations?

How did the "veteran" Brandon Mitchell do at NC State?

I'll answer for you:

Brandon Mitchell - North Carolina State - 2013 stats:

1011 yards - 7 TDs and 6 INTs

compared to "rookie" Brandon Allen

Brandon Allen - Arkansas - 2013 stats:

1552 yards - 13 TDs and 10 INTs

Both played for teams that finished 3-9.  Neither had great seasons.  Allen might have had the slightly better season.  If you want to argue that Mitchell would have brought a running threat then here are his rushing stats for that season:

91 rushes for 274 yards and 2 TDs.

Not much of an impact on the ground.  Our fullback (Kiero Small) ran for more touchdowns than he did.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Oklahawg

Hollywood870 smells odd. Very troll-ish.

Nothing would bunch the jorts of the fanbase more than having a line of pro style QBs having to learn the freaking read option so that one kid is inspired to sign with UA.

If he comes to UA and earns the starting gig? Fine. Until then, I am not taking the bait.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GoHogzzGo

Richard's Monday tidbits also state we are recruiting Gerry as a QB now. So quite a few sources out on that.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: factchecker on April 16, 2017, 05:21:36 pm

I'll answer for you:

Both played for teams that finished 3-9.  Neither had great seasons.  Allen might have had the slightly better season.  If you want to argue that Mitchell would have brought a running threat then here are his rushing stats for that season:

Not much of an impact on the ground.  Our fullback (Kiero Small) ran for more touchdowns than he did.

Didn't Mitchell have a foot injury early in the season too? I know we sure would have liked to have had him playing against Rutgers that season.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

factchecker

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 17, 2017, 08:11:01 pm
Didn't Mitchell have a foot injury early in the season too? I know we sure would have liked to have had him playing against Rutgers that season.

I have no clue about the injury.  If he got hurt playing at NC State what stops him from getting hurt here.  You can play what if's all you want but the fact is that Brandon Allen was the better quarterback in 2013.  In then end Brandon Allen had a greater collegiate career.  Allen is also in the league while Brandon Mitchell..... What is Mitchell doing now-a-days?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on April 17, 2017, 08:11:01 pm

Mitchell did miss several games with a lower leg injury.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/nc-state-qb-brandon-mitchell-breaks-foot-miss-six-weeks-injury-acc/131gs2czmjyrb1az4j9130kpzu

factchecker

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on April 17, 2017, 08:21:25 pm
Mitchell did miss several games with a lower leg injury.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/nc-state-qb-brandon-mitchell-breaks-foot-miss-six-weeks-injury-acc/131gs2czmjyrb1az4j9130kpzu

That sucks.  Who would have thought both Brandon's would get hurt that season.  Mitchell broke his foot against La Tech and Allen hurts his shoulder diving for the end zone against Southern Miss.

The broke foot curse might have started with Mitchell but he transferred out before it could happen here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bennyl08

Quote from: factchecker on April 17, 2017, 08:13:27 pm
I have no clue about the injury.  If he got hurt playing at NC State what stops him from getting hurt here.  You can play what if's all you want but the fact is that Brandon Allen was the better quarterback in 2013.  In then end Brandon Allen had a greater collegiate career.  Allen is also in the league while Brandon Mitchell..... What is Mitchell doing now-a-days?

Mitchell has his name engraved on the sidewalk at this university if I'm not mistaken (he was here 4 years and didn't have to sit out a year at NC State so I'm assuming he pursued a graduate degree there...). I wouldn't try to belittle him or bash him as you are doing here.

BM gave us 4 years of his life as was instrumental in helping us prepare for mobile qb's in his time here. He missed extended time at NC State but showed that in just one off-season, he was able to beat out all of their qb's for the starting job. He paid his dues here, lost a fair battle for the starting position, and he deserved to get some real playing time before his career ended and I have no issue with him transferring. It hurt us in 2013 no question, but I'd have done the same thing.

As for why he lost the battle to BA, Mitchell had the stronger arm and the greater athleticism, but according to the coaches (and this was apparent when practices were open as well), he struggled to put any touch on the ball when the situation called for it and he struggled with throwing interceptions. BA had a pretty good arm in his own right, had solid athleticism for a qb, but was very careful with the ball and accurate. Again, if I were in those same shoes, I'd have chosen BA as the starter myself.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

factchecker

Quote from: bennyl08 on April 17, 2017, 09:32:39 pm
Mitchell has his name engraved on the sidewalk at this university if I'm not mistaken (he was here 4 years and didn't have to sit out a year at NC State so I'm assuming he pursued a graduate degree there...). I wouldn't try to belittle him or bash him as you are doing here.

BM gave us 4 years of his life as was instrumental in helping us prepare for mobile qb's in his time here. He missed extended time at NC State but showed that in just one off-season, he was able to beat out all of their qb's for the starting job. He paid his dues here, lost a fair battle for the starting position, and he deserved to get some real playing time before his career ended and I have no issue with him transferring. It hurt us in 2013 no question, but I'd have done the same thing.

As for why he lost the battle to BA, Mitchell had the stronger arm and the greater athleticism, but according to the coaches (and this was apparent when practices were open as well), he struggled to put any touch on the ball when the situation called for it and he struggled with throwing interceptions. BA had a pretty good arm in his own right, had solid athleticism for a qb, but was very careful with the ball and accurate. Again, if I were in those same shoes, I'd have chosen BA as the starter myself.

You are correct.  I was being unjustly disrespectful.  I respect the hell out of anyone who is a fellow alumnus of The University of Arkansas. I had/have zero problem with him transferring and hope he is doing good things in whatever he is pursuing currently.

However, if you are going to talk about bashing/belittling then you need to address the overwhelming disgusting amount of hate and disrespect that the Allen brothers (both of which are alumni as well) received. Death threats, call in shows, half-cocked conspiracy theories stating that the Allen's are starting because of daddy are just a tip of the iceberg.

My response was to those who always think the backup is the best.  You could have substituted anyone else in the equation (Derby, Duwop, Peavey later) and I would have told you that Brandon was the best option and he proved it.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

bennyl08

Quote from: factchecker on April 17, 2017, 09:47:01 pm
You are correct.  I was being unjustly disrespectful.  I respect the hell out of anyone who is a fellow alumnus of The University of Arkansas. I had/have zero problem with him transferring and hope he is doing good things in whatever he is pursuing currently.

However, if you are going to talk about bashing/belittling then you need to address the overwhelming disgusting amount of hate and disrespect that the Allen brothers (both of which are alumni as well) received. Death threats, call in shows, half-cocked conspiracy theories stating that the Allen's are starting because of daddy are just a tip of the iceberg.

My response was to those who always think the backup is the best.  You could have substituted anyone else in the equation (Derby, Duwop, Peavey later) and I would have told you that Brandon was the best option and he proved it.

You are right. I've read posts this day alone belittling both the Allens. However, they were all from troll posters not worth responding to IMO. While you, fair or not, I hold in a higher opinion and thus expect more from you.

Old  habit of mine back from the extinct politics forum. More likely to call out a poster I respect than one I don't. Though I'm not 100% consistent with that.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

factchecker

Well, I've bearing hearing that Bohanon has been told he is being recruited to play QB.  He is supposed to visit during the spring game.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

daBoar

Quote from: factchecker on April 18, 2017, 02:51:32 am
Well, I've bearing hearing that Bohanon has been told he is being recruited to play QB.  He is supposed to visit during the spring game.
This is good; give him a chance, with solid competition.  He'll either become a legend on the Hill as a QB or rich as a DB.

ricepig

Quote from: daBoar on April 18, 2017, 06:28:02 pm
This is good; give him a chance, with solid competition.  He'll either become a legend on the Hill as a QB or rich as a DB.

Of be just another one of the 85, there isn't any guarantee in sports, no matter where or what you play. Now, I'm more interested to see what he can go at Arkansas than anywhere else.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:29:29 pm
Some of those qb's didn't run the zone read, but what's wrong with it? Are we to stupid to mix in some zone read? Get him on the corner on bootlegs and he would be a nightmare. He would also be able to avoid the rush better as a drop back passer due to his strength and agility? Maybe he just isn't a great passer. I guess we'll see. I'm more upset that he's an instate kid and he'll probably go to a school that will build an offense around him like Dak Prescott or Cam Newton. Did Auburn run the zone read with Sean White? No, they adapted. Why couldn't we adapt?

Are you too stupid to use the correct participle..?  Sorry, couldn't resist.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

and I remember people freaking out about it at the time and mocking me when I said on here that BA would be in the NFL. Just sayin. Where is Brandon Mitchell now? Oh, AJ Derby is in the NFL, too.

Hogville talent evaluators are garbage. When is Vin Acolese gonna break thru? Where is Kane Whitehurst?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on April 17, 2017, 11:07:34 am
Richard's Monday tidbits also state we are recruiting Gerry as a QB now. So quite a few sources out on that.
some of us have been saying it the whole time.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Scott7703

Brandon Mitchell was a terrible quarterback. If you are going to try to prove a point at least pick a relative example.

The Hawg Marshal

I think the chances are slim that Bohanon comes to Arkansas regardless of the position he is offered.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on April 21, 2017, 01:53:51 am
some of us have been saying it the whole time.

It wasn't true the whole time.  It is now.  He will be given a shot.

colbs

May 04, 2017, 10:28:25 pm #381 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 10:39:01 pm by colbs
Looks like he's announcing 5/19.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on April 21, 2017, 11:24:55 am
It wasn't true the whole time.  It is now.  He will be given a shot.
fair enough, but he told me on the twitters, mane.

and, no, i dont talk to him regular. just that day about a bad ass looking burger he posted, and he told me whereit was from . told him to come be a QB for us, and he said "that's a plan". now, not saying that means ANYTHING, and i have no intention of asking dude anymore questions. (that's me getting in before "creepy" comments come) I do think it'll be Arkansas or Auburn.

In other news, we offered another talented black QB for 2020 class, TJ Findlay. Man, if we stack up Nolan, Bohannon, Gunnell, and Findlay. Jeez, dat's nasty.

I loved Gunnell's quote , "Enos basically made the Allen Brothers. He put B in the nfl, and he'll put A there too". awesome.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Hollywood870 on April 16, 2017, 03:47:00 pm
When you're continually less talented than the major powers in your conference, you may want to do something a little unorthodox. I love Enos, don't get me wrong. But let's not limit ourselves. How many yards did Tommie Armstrong pass for this year while running some zone read? Is there a law that says we can't develop a black quarterback here? We might as well build Quinn Grovey a statue then. I don't like losing in state kids of this caliber. I didn't think Peavey got a fair shake either. But I may be wrong. Guess he went to SMU? We'll see how he does. I do know Austin Allen took a lot of hits because we have less talent at the line of scrimmage than most of our competition. Hopefully it was growing pains for the line last year and they really come together in the run and passing game.

You don't recruit a kid because of, or in spite of, his color..! You don't change your offense based on one kid. Period. You're either a coach or not. They are offering to recruit two QB's because of his talents. That should tell you all you need to know about what they think of him and what they are willing to do in order to get him. If this staff tells him he will get a fair shaKe then you can bank on it. It's still up to this guy to either believe them or not, and comments like yours about our unwillingness to utilize black QB's are tantamount to warning the kid to NOT come to Arkansas...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

The_Iceman

If you want to lower your intelligence, there are some posts in this thread that will help you accomplish your goal.

Bubba's Bruisers

Historically, we seem to lose one in-state blue chipper each year although that may be changing.  Anywho, Bohannon feels like it this year.  Just spit-balling.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Seebs

Quote from: factchecker on April 16, 2017, 05:21:36 pm

I'll answer for you:

You know, it is easier to just call Hollywood870 a dumbarse. However,  your facts are most appreciated.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Seebs

Quote from: colbs on May 04, 2017, 10:28:25 pm
Let the speculation begin on the sign positioning and what it all means.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

jb11

Quote from: Seebs on May 05, 2017, 11:30:22 am
Let the speculation begin on the sign positioning and what it all means.
Arkansas' is closest to his heart.  Those Alabama schools are just below his crotch!  I like Arkansas' chances.

The Hawg Marshal

Well he did say Auburn is his dream school so.....

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on May 05, 2017, 12:55:56 pm
Well he did say Auburn is his dream school so.....
Just remember that "nightmares" qualify as dreams too.  ;) :D :) ;D 8) :P

RaisinHog

Quote from: daBoar on April 18, 2017, 06:28:02 pm
[/quot

A 6' 4" 220 lb DB ... Cool

HogMantheIntruder

Which just happens to be my mother's birthday. Coincidence???

Yup.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

I have seen the kid play since the 8th grade..  He is a very special talent regardless of classification..  He is alot better passer than some give him..  I think he is a better passer and runner than Connor..  He is the type of qb that everyone needs..  He is a great student as well so learning the playbook fast will not be the problem.  These two qb's will likely redshirt anyways but the competition in 2 years will be nice. 

HogHomer

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on May 12, 2017, 10:08:46 am
I have seen the kid play since the 8th grade..  He is a very special talent regardless of classification..  He is alot better passer than some give him..  I think he is a better passer and runner than Connor..  He is the type of qb that everyone needs..  He is a great student as well so learning the playbook fast will not be the problem.  These two qb's will likely redshirt anyways but the competition in 2 years will be nice.
Have you seen Connor in person to compare or just on the internet?

GoHogzzGo

Whoa that is quick. Where all has he visited so far? I only see Ark, Tenner, Auburn in his 247 timeline. I will man cry if he goes to Auburn, although I like Connor, would hate for Gerry to be anywhere but the hill getting his chance.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

King Kong

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on May 12, 2017, 11:46:23 am
Whoa that is quick. Where all has he visited so far? I only see Ark, Tenner, Auburn in his 247 timeline. I will man cry if he goes to Auburn, although I like Connor, would hate for Gerry to be anywhere but the hill getting his chance.

He has also visited UGA.

No clue where he goes. But he did visit us last and before that visit was talking about December Deadline. Hopefully thet means the coaches were able to sale him on Arkansas.

King Kong

Quote from: HardingHog on May 12, 2017, 08:20:02 pm

Us and Tennessee are the only schools he's visited with a QB committed. (UT's is a dual threat QB)

Nope Auburn has a QB commit as well

http://247sports.com/Player/Joey-Gatewood-78014

ArkansasI