Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 08:51:31 pm
I watched them play several times and No they didn't. They were horrible

Missouri led the SEC in total yards per game. They led the conference in passing yards per game at 295.4.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

woodrow hog call

::)
Quote from: Jim Harris on January 17, 2017, 09:47:35 am
Missouri led the SEC in total yards per game. They led the conference in passing yards per game at 295.4.

We should go after their OC hard  then, if they did all of that with the "worst O Line in the conference",  ::)
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2017, 09:36:17 am
KJ Hill
Josh Frazier
Two other guys I believe could have played for the hogs are John Tate from Pine Bluff and Kiondre Thomas from Fort Smith.
Hill and Frazier had offers.  Read, dammit.  They weren't misses.  They chose somewhere else over the Hogs.

And what you BELIEVE doesn't mater in this conversation.  Have they done something elsewhere that makes it a logical argument to call them misses?
All Gas, No Brakes!

J-Five

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 16, 2017, 03:30:06 pm
6'4" 215. Line him up out side and convert him to WR.

I'm SO sick of this narrative.  That's one reason we will never get an athletic QB on the hill.  If I'm not mistaken, EVERY black QB that has gone to AR since the 90's has either been changed to WR or has transferred.  Why would an athletic black QB (or even a non-black one) want to come to U of A when they've seen what has happened to athletic QBs?  Serious question.....

Cedric Washington- Dual Threat QB in HS-  WR at Arkansas
Tarvaris Jackson- transferred to Alabama State (NFL backup QB for several years and lasted longer in the league than the guy who took his spot at Arkansas)
Duwop Mitchell-3 Star Dual Threat QB in HS- WR at Arkansas and eventually transferred.
Robert Johnson- changed to WR
Rafe Peavey-never touched the field (4-star QB in HS)

These guys were good enough to recruit, but why were they not developed?  Were they THAT bad when they got to the Hill that they couldn't be helped?  I wish I knew the answers to these questions, because seeing a guy like Lamar Jackson at Louisville (who was a 3-star I believe) tear it up, just annoys the hell out of me when we could have the same at Arkansas. 
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

onebadrubi

Quote from: J-Five on January 17, 2017, 12:06:52 pm
I'm SO sick of this narrative.  That's one reason we will never get an athletic QB on the hill.  If I'm not mistaken, EVERY black QB that has gone to AR since the 90's has either been changed to WR or has transferred.  Why would an athletic black QB (or even a non-black one) want to come to U of A when they've seen what has happened to athletic QBs?  Serious question.....

Tarvaris Jackson- transferred to Alabama State (NFL backup QB for several years and lasted longer in the league than the guy who took his spot at Arkansas)
Duwop Mitchell-3 Star Dual Threat QB in HS- WR at Arkansas and eventually transferred.

These guys were good enough to recruit, but why were they not developed?  Were they THAT bad when they got to the Hill that they couldn't be helped?  I wish I knew the answers to these questions, because seeing a guy like Lamar Jackson at Louisville (who was a 3-star I believe) tear it up, just annoys the hell out of me when we could have the same at Arkansas.

Rage Peavy was black???  I don't think I knew that. 

Race means absolutely nothing in this debate. Keep it to this head coach only and let's discuss.

Brandon Mitchell was beat out by a QB on an NFL roster
Duwop recruited as athlete but promised the "chance" to earn the Qb spot. He couldn't even beat out rage peavy, wanted playing time and went to the coaching staff asking what he could do to get it. Was put in at safety in offseason didn't much like it then tried WR and on to RB.

Just cause one 3 star blows up doesn't mean they all will, geeze

Grizzlyfan

Cedric Washington- Dual Threat QB in HS-  WR at Arkansasat Arkansas)
Tarvaris Jackson- transferred to Alabama State (NFL backup QB for several years and lasted longer in the league than the guy who took his spot

Rafe Peavey?  Uh.........

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 03:36:08 pm
Bama probably wants to put 20lbs on and make him a LB.

as long as its "good weight".
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

The_Iceman

Cole Kelley
Daulton Hyatt
Connor Noland

We've got a good group of QBs going forward.

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
Ok, so let Whaley a top RB in the nation go and to recruit Crockett.  Makes perfect sense!  Geeze people will never let this Crockett thing go.
You totally missed the point...

My point was that until I see players from Arkansas contributing big at other schools I am not worried about this issue.

People respond to that point by point out Crockett... to which I respond he wanted to play RB, not CB. And we were all shored up at RB...

ChicoHog

Don't remember Washington
T. Jackson was more a drop back guy than a dual threat guy.  Did well after he transferred.
Johnson was at QB for half a season and was not good at all.  Then we pulled the redshirt off Casey dick to finish 2005.  RJ was not a good QB.  Blame it on development or him, I don't know, but it was the right decision to move him.
Mitchell situation explained by earlier poster. 
Peavey was in a log jam and was not going to play much so he transferred also. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 17, 2017, 01:28:18 pm
You totally missed the point...

My point was that until I see players from Arkansas contributing big at other schools I am not worried about this issue.

People respond to that point by point out Crockett... to which I respond he wanted to play RB, not CB. And we were all shored up at RB...

My apologies, I sure did

factchecker

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 10:29:02 pm
He hasn't given me one name.

I said Crockett and perhaps Norwood were non-offer misses but they failed to name anybody else..... despite me giving them the list.

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 17, 2017, 09:36:17 am
KJ Hill
Josh Frazier

Two other guys I believe could have played for the hogs are John Tate from Pine Bluff and Kiondre Thomas from Fort Smith.

NON-OFFER MISSES

We offered both of those players.  KJ Hill was committed to us for a good amount of time.

Both John (Memphis) and Kiondre (Minnesota) red-shirted for their respective teams so I don't know how you can claim that they are a miss or that they would be getting playing time.... yet.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

J-Five

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2017, 12:23:07 pm

Race means absolutely nothing in this debate. Keep it to this head coach only and let's discuss.

Duwop recruited as athlete but promised the "chance" to earn the Qb spot. He couldn't even beat out rage peavy, wanted playing time and went to the coaching staff asking what he could do to get it. Was put in at safety in offseason didn't much like it then tried WR and on to RB.

First, I know Peavy isn't black. Second, if you re-read what I wrote, I said "non-black" in there as well....third, the only reason I bring up race is because the majority of athletic QBs that I'm referring to are predominately black. That's why I mentioned Peavy also to show I didn't care what race the kid is, I just want an athletic QB, as opposed to a pocket passer...hope that clarifies things....
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

ricepig

Quote from: J-Five on January 17, 2017, 04:39:11 pm

First, I know Peavy isn't black. Second, if you re-read what I wrote, I said "non-black" in there as well....third, the only reason I bring up race is because the majority of athletic QBs that I'm referring to are predominately black. That's why I mentioned Peavy also to show I didn't care what race the kid is, I just want an athletic QB, as opposed to a pocket passer...hope that clarifies things....

I'd like a pocket passer who is athletic.

Hollywood870

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 08:59:53 pm
I thought Deangelo was offered but sent his LOI with NO written across the front to Nutt.
That was Dyer.

ricepig

Hollywood870

David Porter and Culian Williams (sp) this year. Watch.

Hollywood870

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 17, 2017, 09:59:05 am
::)
We should go after their OC hard  then, if they did all of that with the "worst O Line in the conference",  ::)
Here are some highlights from our OC and O-Line. It's only four minutes long. Have a look.

Hawgar The Horrible

I am an Irish, Anglo-Saxon male that can see this thread is beyond full-on crap.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Vantage 8 dude

As far as I'm concerned before I go into a melt down concerning this young man I'll wait to see where he ends up signing before I get bent out of shape or offer an opinion on the whole issue. Then again for SOME that's obviously too much of a calm response.

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 17, 2017, 05:39:53 pm
I am an Irish, Anglo-Saxon male that can see this thread is beyond full-on crap.

I'm Scottish, you got a problem with that?

factchecker

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 17, 2017, 04:49:47 pm
That was Dyer.

Dyer was with Petrino.... he said some stuff on a video but I'm not sure he did anything on signing day.

Dangelo Williams sent Nutt his LOI with NO written across the front.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 17, 2017, 05:00:18 pm
Here are some highlights from our OC and O-Line. It's only four minutes long. Have a look.

Here are some highlights vs. SEC East champ Florida:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 06:02:49 pm
I'm Scottish, you got a problem with that?

To be more specific, I'm Scots-Irish. We're cool as long as you're a Protestant. Otherwise I will bomb you into oblivion.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 17, 2017, 12:23:07 pm

word of advice. When you get totally freaked out by the mere mention of race and act like it bothers you, well, how do you think that makes you look? The kid also totally covered what you chose to go all teaparty about. Furthermore, he makes a good point and nobody came close to answering the question. Why have Quinn Grovey and Matt Jones been the only 2 athletic QBs to see the field @ Arkansas ever?
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on January 17, 2017, 08:38:38 pm
To be more specific, I'm Scots-Irish. We're cool as long as you're a Protestant. Otherwise I will bomb you into oblivion.

Presbyterian, or was before I converted to Methodism, lol. You can't get more Scottish than that!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 04:48:02 pm

Our last 2 recruits at QB have some mobility or did in high school....

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 17, 2017, 09:52:02 pm
Our last 2 recruits at QB have some mobility or did in high school....

Hyatt definitely does.

clutch

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2017, 08:47:20 pm
word of advice. When you get totally freaked out by the mere mention of race and act like it bothers you, well, how do you think that makes you look? The kid also totally covered what you chose to go all teaparty about. Furthermore, he makes a good point and nobody came close to answering the question. Why have Quinn Grovey and Matt Jones been the only 2 athletic QBs to see the field @ Arkansas ever?

Because it's actually hard to find an athletic QB who can do enough in the passing game to be much of a factor in the SEC.

Auburn is a good example, even though they've had 2 pretty good athletic QB's in the past 10  years. They are a school that has an offense designed for athletic QB's and they are having a hard time finding one. They've recruited guys like JF3 that they have been highly recruited athletic QB's that still haven't panned out. There just aren't that many guys that can successfully play QB as well as run like the wind. The ones that are out there are going to look at the schools who have systems and reputations that allows the QB to run some.

There is always the outlier like Jackson, who was overlooked by a lot of schools, underrated in high school, and shows out big time on the big stage. Manziel was another guy like him, but for the most part it's just hard to do so there just aren't that many of those guys out there. Teaching a QB to make good reads and be able to make difficult throws is a lot harder than a lot of people think it is. You can't just take any freak athlete and put them back there and make them great. If that was the case, everyone would do it. Reading a defense the caliber of most SEC defenses is extremely hard. Fitting the ball into tight windows is even harder.

Sidenote: Bohanon has the potential to be one of those guys that could. I've seen him a lot. He's the real deal. His throwing mechanics are a little bit off sometimes, he tends to throw off his back foot a little bit, but that is something that could be fixed. The rest of his game is there. He makes good pretty good reads for a high schooler and has a cannon. He's smart enough that he can learn to read defenses even better given some college level coaching.

J-Five

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2017, 08:47:20 pm

Thank you...some folks freak out and don't even comprehend what's in front of them.  I guess there is no answer to why we can't develop athletic QBs...

onebadrubi

Quote from: J-Five on January 18, 2017, 07:21:05 am
Thank you...some folks freak out and don't even comprehend what's in front of them.  I guess there is no answer to why we can't develop athletic QBs...

Why does it have to be arkansas's problem?  I guess for that sake the NFL has about the same hit rate Arkansas does, you know that billion dollar industry?

Lamar Jackson also single handidly gave away one game this year, pretty much 2 games though. Many also think a black Qb is an athletic Qb, but that's false. For instance Winston is a pocket passer.  The success rate of Aaron Rogers, mike Vicks, and next is Deshaun Watson are 1-100 if not smaller odds. We've spent scholarships on them trying, but they miss the easy wide open throws to often.  Look at hurts in the national championship, he was missing receivers with 10 yard cushions.  Why do you think an Aaron Rogers scramble throw 20-30 yards on the money is a highlight?  Why do you think a shortstop running to get a grounder in the hole at full speed and throwing on a dime to first is a sports center top 10?  Not many can do it

J-Five

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 18, 2017, 09:42:55 am
Why does it have to be arkansas's problem?  I guess for that sake the NFL has about the same hit rate Arkansas does, you know that billion dollar industry?

Lamar Jackson also single handidly gave away one game this year, pretty much 2 games though. Many also think a black Qb is an athletic Qb, but that's false. For instance Winston is a pocket passer.  The success rate of Aaron Rogers, mike Vicks, and next is Deshaun Watson are 1-100 if not smaller odds. We've spent scholarships on them trying, but they miss the easy wide open throws to often.  Look at hurts in the national championship, he was missing receivers with 10 yard cushions.  Why do you think an Aaron Rogers scramble throw 20-30 yards on the money is a highlight?  Why do you think a shortstop running to get a grounder in the hole at full speed and throwing on a dime to first is a sports center top 10?  Not many can do it

Um...when a college recruits a player, especially QB, I thought they were to develop them to play at the collegiate level.  I guess I was wrong.  And when I say athletic, I just mean someone who isn't a stiff in the pocket.  I just want a guy at Arkansas who is mobile enough to move around when things get congested.  That's all...You mention Hurts, yeah he missed some guys in the national championship game, but he helped get them there.  He looked pretty good the other 14 games though.  Hurts will be much better next season, Arkansas will see firsthand in Tuscaloosa.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 10:00:44 pm
Hyatt definitely does.

thought Cole had good wheels as well....you've seen him in practice? 

ricepig

Quote from: J-Five on January 18, 2017, 10:08:03 am

Um...when a college recruits a player, especially QB, I thought they were to develop them to play at the collegiate level.  I guess I was wrong.  And when I say athletic, I just mean someone who isn't a stiff in the pocket.  I just want a guy at Arkansas who is mobile enough to move around when things get congested.  That's all...You mention Hurts, yeah he missed some guys in the national championship game, but he helped get them there.  He looked pretty good the other 14 games though.  Hurts will be much better next season, Arkansas will see firsthand in Tuscaloosa.

Do you think the talent around Hurts helps him any? Do you think he'd be the same at Arkansas? Now I agree, I'd like a QB that can escape when needed, and not be afraid to take a hit without everyone wondering if he would get back up. Our offense is predicated on a QB that can make certain throws, so being accurate has to come first.

onebadrubi

So by your definition Alabama has done a worse job producing RB's than Arkansas has producing mobile QB's.  Bama has whiffed on more RB's in sabans time than mobile QB's you listed. You're comment also pretences that all recruits excel and none flop. 

Again let's look at the most recent under this staff/HC.
-Mitchell was beat out by an NFL roster QB.
-peavy was beat out by that same NFL roster QB and every other QB on campus.

College coaches must produce a depth chart at each position and allocate the few hours they get a week accordingly. Sorry this staff and most others not named GUs will take the better passer over the better runner. 

Besides, what you just defined we've had in the Allen brothers. They when healthy have been mobile enough to pick up a game winning TD, two point conversion, or first down.  They aren't outrunning lb'ers, but they will get out of the pocket and move a little.

onebadrubi

By the way, this staff was in on Hurts early and wanted him. Keep that in mind

woodhog14

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 17, 2017, 04:49:47 pm
That was Dyer.

No, that was Williams. Nutt was not the coach here when Dyer was being recruited. And Dyer didn't do that to Petrino.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Good lord some of you guys run with an idea before reading everything.
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

tophawg19

Quote from: J-Five on January 17, 2017, 04:39:11 pm

the next two Hyatt and Conner are both mobile qb's
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

RazorPiggie

My gosh we have some dumb fans.

RazorPiggie

And sometimes it just never clicks with QBs.

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 19, 2017, 04:42:26 pm
My gosh we have some dumb fans.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clay Travis call Arkansas fans the #1 dumbest this year. SEC!, SEC!, SEC!...

jry04

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 03:20:22 pm
The narrative every year is Arkansas doesn't produce enough players to be competitive in the SEC. That may be true but lately high level programs are in Arkansas offering recruits. Maybe Arkansas is still evaluating but we can't lose anybody to Bama.
It is not a narrative, it is a fact. Producing 3-4 high quality players is not enough.

RaisinHog

I'm not reading all of this junk to find out if this question has been answered .. but.. do we even know if the bama offer is for QB?

factchecker

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 19, 2017, 08:22:34 pm
I'm not reading all of this junk to find out if this question has been answered .. but.. do we even know if the bama offer is for QB?

No clue
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on January 19, 2017, 08:26:32 pm
No clue

In an article with Dawson, his high school coach said that only Memphis and ASU have offered as a QB, the rest are DE/LB/ athlete.

RaisinHog

Thank y'all ... I often struggle with these really highly rated guys that play in the lower classifications I live in a 2 a football town and let me tell you for the most part it is terrible lol ... I did get to see bohannon play and his measurables are great but in my opinion it always takes these guys some time to adjust

Peter Porker

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 04:48:02 pm

I just wish posters would spell the names correctly.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Letsroll1200

BJ Thompson from England, AR.  received a offer from Texas

Deep Shoat

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 09:24:05 am
BJ Thompson from England, AR.  received a offer from Texas
And?

We have the #1 TE in the country committed. 
All Gas, No Brakes!