Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

QB/Ath from Earle received offer from Alabama. Is Arkansas just slow on offering in state kids?

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

navyhog24

This year's Akial Byers thread. Awesome!

ricepig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm
QB/Ath from Earle received offer from Alabama. Is Arkansas just slow on offering in state kids?

Yes, most said we had no chance with Brown because Bama and LSU offered before we did.

moto625

January 16, 2017, 03:14:48 pm #4 Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:40:53 pm by moto625
No

ADavisTheGOAT

We have our 2018 QB named Connor Noland.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Letsroll1200

The narrative every year is Arkansas doesn't produce enough players to be competitive in the SEC. That may be true but lately high level programs are in Arkansas offering recruits. Maybe Arkansas is still evaluating but we can't lose anybody to Bama.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 16, 2017, 03:16:10 pm
We have our 2018 QB named Connor Noland.

Still need competition at every position.

ricepig

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 03:20:22 pm
The narrative every year is Arkansas doesn't produce enough players to be competitive in the SEC. That may be true but lately high level programs are in Arkansas offering recruits. Maybe Arkansas is still evaluating but we can't lose anybody to Bama.

He's more of an athlete, isn't he? I figure if everything checks out, we'll offer. Every year, Bama, LSU, or someone offers an in-state athlete before we do and the masses go crazy. Patience, just a little patience.

TexasRazorback

6'4" 215. Line him up out side and convert him to WR.

ricepig

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 16, 2017, 03:30:06 pm

Bama probably wants to put 20lbs on and make him a LB.

Nosboar Accubond

Here we go...

I'm much more concerns about players at other schools that a big contributors that we didn't even offer.

Until I see evidence of that I'm not going to get upset.

And Crockett wanted to play RB not CB.

HardingHog

Quote from: TexasRazorback on January 16, 2017, 03:30:06 pm

Yeah, I'm not Nick Saban, but I highly doubt (in a theoretical world where Alabama is actually even interested in this kid which I doubt is the case) he's wanting him to be a QB. He has great size to be a stud WR. If he has the ability I wouldn't mind seeing us recruit him at receiver, but if not I trust our coaches with in-state kids

NoogaHog

There's a stud quarterback in Earle named Bohannon.

Say that out loud and tell me that's not next level Arkansas. ;D
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HardingHog on January 16, 2017, 03:41:00 pm
Yeah, I'm not Nick Saban, but I highly doubt (in a theoretical world where Alabama is actually even interested in this kid which I doubt is the case) he's wanting him to be a QB. He has great size to be a stud WR. If he has the ability I wouldn't mind seeing us recruit him at receiver, but if not I trust our coaches with in-state kids

Keep trusting them. They need to be more aggressive with in state kids. People says Petrino got lucky with in state players. I believe luck has nothing to do with it. It was effort meets opportunity. We need some speed and atletchism on the defense.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 04:12:32 pm
Keep trusting them. They need to be more aggressive with in state kids. People says Petrino got lucky with in state players. I believe luck has nothing to do with it. It was effort meets opportunity. We need some speed and atletchism on the defense.

Yet Petrino completely whiffed on Kenneth Dixon and Martrell Spaight (told him he was too small to play in the SEC).
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

onebadrubi

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 16, 2017, 03:21:38 pm
Still need competition at every position.

Yeah, we should bring in 2-3 QB's per year so when they transfer people have another eason to bash the coach and when we are thin at another position because of scholarship limits they can bash the coach.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on January 16, 2017, 03:37:56 pm
Here we go...

I'm much more concerns about players at other schools that a big contributors that we didn't even offer.

Until I see evidence of that I'm not going to get upset.

And Crockett wanted to play RB not CB.

Ok, so let Whaley a top RB in the nation go and to recruit Crockett.  Makes perfect sense!  Geeze people will never let this Crockett thing go.

clutch

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2017, 03:36:08 pm
Bama probably wants to put 20lbs on and make him a LB.

I've thought all along that whoever got him would put a lot of weight on him and try to make him an end. This kids a freak athlete and has the frame to add a lot of weight. He could cause some serious trouble somebody at end.

He can throw it a mile, but probably won't play QB at the next level. I think he has the ability to play QB, like I said he can throw it a mile and he can run really well, but his potential is much higher on the defensive side of the ball.

He's a really good kid too. If you ever talk to him it's yes sir and no sir. Makes good grades in school. Really smart. His mom is the principal at his school so she makes sure he stays on the right path. He'd be a great addition to the Razorbacks. I think it's only a matter of time before we offer him.

I know Arkansas has shown him a lot of interest. They tried him out at 5 different positions at their camp. I think the positions were QB, WR, LB, DE, & Safety . That should tell you what kind of athlete this kid is.

onebadrubi

Care to name some names to show that aggressiveness?  I'm looking for proof that you speak of Petrino being such more aggressive than Bielema with instate recruits? 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 04:23:51 pm
Ok, so let Whaley a top RB in the nation go and to recruit Crockett.  Makes perfect sense!  Geeze people will never let this Crockett thing go.
Nope, your statement is disingenuous at best, There was plenty of time to offer Crockett after Whaley and Hammonds were all in. Definitely IMO should have been done when Porter committed. I said it then and will still say it, if you were willing to offer Porter and it didn't work out he should have got an offer.

ricepig

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 16, 2017, 04:32:37 pm
Nope, your statement is disingenuous at best, There was plenty of time to offer Crockett after Whaley and Hammonds were all in. Definitely IMO should have been done when Porter committed. I said it then and will still say it, if you were willing to offer Porter and it didn't work out he should have got an offer.

So, Porter commits on the day before NSD, and we should throw out an offer that day to an in-state guy because we missed out? I guess if you've been telling someone where they stood in line on our RB offers.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on January 16, 2017, 04:32:37 pm

Well, you could also believe the multiple accounts from arkansas journalist that this staff thought he was a little slow.  Now if you want to say well he tore it up as a freshman in the SEC, sure, but there is more to that story if you really want to discuss.

factchecker

Top 10 in-state recruits since Bielema has been here:

Hunter Henry            Signed by Arkansas           Mackey Award Winner- San Diego Charger
Altee Tenpenny         Signed by Bama                              -
Brooks Ellis               Signed by Arkansas           Starting Linebacker (graduated)
Austin Allen              Signed by Arkansas            Starting Quarterback
Jamar Criswell           ?                                                   -
Martrell Spaight        Signed by Arkansas (JUCO)   Linebacker for Redskins
Tevin Beanum           Signed by Arkansas             In 2 deep
Korliss Marshall         Signed by Arkansas             Transfer to Eastern Illinois
Phillip Hay                 Signed by Harvard                              ?
Alex Brignoni             Signed by Arkansas             Medical Hardship

Bijhon Jackson          Signed by Arkansas           In 2-deep rotation
Joshua Frazier           Signed by Bama               In 2-deep rotation (made tackle in playoff game)
Jabe Burgess             Signed by Tulsa                Transfer to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC (JUCO)
Josh Liddell               Signed by Arkansas           Starting Safety
Deandre Murray         Signed by Tulsa                Transfer to D2 Pittsburg State
Jake Hall                   Signed by Arkansas           Buried in depth chart
Juan Day                   Signed by Arkansas           Injuries
Jack Kraus                 Signed by Arkansas           2 deep rotation
Jarvis Cooper             Signed by Memphis            Transfer to UCA
Isaac Johnson            Signed by Tulsa                     ?

K.J. Hill                     Signed by Ohio State                          Getting some playing time
C.J. O'Grady              Signed by Arkansas                             Getting playing time (caught TD in bowl game)
Will Gragg                 Signed by Arkansas                              To be Determined
Jamario Bell               Signed by Arkansas                             To be Determined
Dominique Reed         Signed by Arkansas (from JUCO)           Was key weapon in passing game last season
Justin Bailey               Signed by Arkansas Tech                                  ?
Ross Trail                   Signed by Cincinnati                              Played sparingly--threw for 1 TD and 6 INTs in 2016
Ty Storey                    Signed by Arkansas                              Buried in depth
LaMichael Pettway        Signed by Arkansas                              Caught TD pass vs. Alcorn
Deon Stewart               Signed by Arkansas                              Rotates in depth/ Kick Return

McTelvin Agim             Signed by Arkansas                            Starting defensive linemen
T.J. Hammonds           Signed by Arkansas                             Bright future in running back rotation
John Tate                   Signed by Memphis                               Redshirt?
Austin Capps               Signed by Arkansas                             Rotates in the two deep
Jordan Jones               Signed by Arkansas                              To be Determined- Redshirt
Kabion Ento                 Signed by Colorado                               8 catches/174 yards -- 2 TDs
Nick McCann                Signed by Texas Tech                           Redshirt?
Damerea Crockett         Signed by Missouri                               Rushed for over 1000 yards
Cam Murray                 Signed by Okie State                              Redshirt  ?
Kenyon Jackson            Signed by Minnesota                             Redshirt

2013: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2013&position=&state=3

2014: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2014&position=&state=3

2015: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2015&position=&state=3

2016: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2016&position=&state=3

23 out of top 40 recruits have stayed with Arkansas.

I would say that Crockett was a miss but who knows what he would have done here.  He probably would have been red-shirted.

How many others were no offer misses?  Maybe Ento.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs33

Bama also offered Ty Storey and he hasn't  panned out yet. When/if Hogs offer let me know then we can discuss.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

onebadrubi

Jarvis cooper is a great example.  Kid was loved by ratings and such during his recruitment, but really didn't fit.  People were mad he went to Memphis and we didn't take a shot at him.  Not to bash a kid, but this staff has shown to be pretty good in these situations, there alwasy seems to be a kid a year that goes elsewhere that a few in Arkansas bash this staff for not taking a flyer on.  Think Bama wishes they only missed on one instate guy a year? UGA? LSU?  When you put things in perspective, losing 1 a year even if they pan out and or don't have an offer, this staff has done a great job of securing this state and the talent we have in it. 

Hogs33

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 04:46:43 pm
Top 10 in-state recruits since Bielema has been here:

Hunter Henry            Signed by Arkansas           Mackey Award Winner- San Diego Charger
Altee Tenpenny         Signed by Bama                              -
Brooks Ellis               Signed by Arkansas           Starting Linebacker (graduated)
Austin Allen              Signed by Arkansas            Starting Quarterback
Jamar Criswell           ?                                                   -
Martrell Spaight        Signed by Arkansas (JUCO)   Linebacker for Redskins
Tevin Beanum           Signed by Arkansas             In 2 deep
Korliss Marshall         Signed by Arkansas             Transfer to Eastern Illinois
Phillip Hay                 Signed by Harvard                              ?
Alex Brignoni             Signed by Arkansas             Medical Hardship

Bijhon Jackson          Signed by Arkansas           In 2-deep rotation
Joshua Frazier           Signed by Bama               In 2-deep rotation (made tackle in playoff game)
Jabe Burgess             Signed by Tulsa                Transfer to Mississippi Gulf Coast CC (JUCO)
Josh Liddell               Signed by Arkansas           Starting Safety
Deandre Murray         Signed by Tulsa                Transfer to D2 Pittsburg State
Jake Hall                   Signed by Arkansas           Buried in depth chart
Juan Day                   Signed by Arkansas           Injuries
Jack Kraus                 Signed by Arkansas           2 deep rotation
Jarvis Cooper             Signed by Memphis            Transfer to UCA
Isaac Johnson            Signed by Tulsa                     ?

K.J. Hill                     Signed by Ohio State                          Getting some playing time
C.J. O'Grady              Signed by Arkansas                             Getting playing time (caught TD in bowl game)
Will Gragg                 Signed by Arkansas                              To be Determined
Jamario Bell               Signed by Arkansas                             To be Determined
Dominique Reed         Signed by Arkansas (from JUCO)           Was key weapon in passing game last season
Justin Bailey               Signed by Arkansas Tech                                  ?
Ross Trail                   Signed by Cincinnati                              Played sparingly--threw for 1 TD and 6 INTs in 2016
Ty Storey                    Signed by Arkansas                              Buried in depth
LaMichael Pettway        Signed by Arkansas                              Caught TD pass vs. Alcorn
Deon Stewart               Signed by Arkansas                              Rotates in depth/ Kick Return

McTelvin Agim             Signed by Arkansas                            Starting defensive linemen
T.J. Hammonds           Signed by Arkansas                             Bright future in running back rotation
John Tate                   Signed by Memphis                               Redshirt?
Austin Capps               Signed by Arkansas                             Rotates in the two deep
Jordan Jones               Signed by Arkansas                              To be Determined- Redshirt
Kabion Ento                 Signed by Colorado                               8 catches/174 yards -- 2 TDs
Nick McCann                Signed by Texas Tech                           Redshirt?
Damerea Crockett         Signed by Missouri                               Rushed for over 1000 yards
Cam Murray                 Signed by Okie State                              Redshirt  ?
Kenyon Jackson            Signed by Minnesota                             Redshirt

2013: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2013&position=&state=3

2014: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2014&position=&state=3

2015: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2015&position=&state=3

2016: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=&lastname=&collegeid=&class=2016&position=&state=3

23 out of top 40 recruits have stayed with Arkansas.

I would say that Crockett was a miss but who knows what he would have done here.  He probably would have been red-shirted.

How many others were no offer misses?  Maybe Ento.

Out of all that I would say KJ Hill and Crockett were the misses and possiblly Ento... Honestly that is not bad.

We missed on Crockett due to being on bigger names.
Recruited Hill Hard but lost out.
Missed on Ento because of being on bigger names ( and getting most of them)
Could say Frazier but I wouldn't yet
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

NotSoFastMyFriend

Gerry has been on campus and is in contact with Barry Lunney Jr.. The staff evaluated him at QB over the summer because that's where he is determined to play in college. His determination to play QB at the next level may have changed in the last 7-8 months, I'm not sure. He seemed focused on it back in August.

As others have said, Connor Noland is the QB recruit for the 2018 class. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach here. It's early. Gerry is a tremendous athlete who will no doubt play at the next level.

Tick Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 05:00:00 pm
Jarvis cooper is a great example.  Kid was loved by ratings and such during his recruitment, but really didn't fit.  People were mad he went to Memphis and we didn't take a shot at him.  Not to bash a kid, but this staff has shown to be pretty good in these situations, there alwasy seems to be a kid a year that goes elsewhere that a few in Arkansas bash this staff for not taking a flyer on.  Think Bama wishes they only missed on one instate guy a year? UGA? LSU?  When you put things in perspective, losing 1 a year even if they pan out and or don't have an offer, this staff has done a great job of securing this state and the talent we have in it. 
This staff didn't even offer our best instate LB on campus right now until Georgia did. We let Missouri have a damn good RB that they will prob beat us with ( while we've taken several RB that haven't and won't sniff the field 1 from ark ). Your argument isn't apples to apples because those schools you mentioned have at least twice but mostly 3-4 times the kids to evaluate in their respected states. If you're going to have success here you don't have the luxury of missing much. This will post will prob be deleted because the truth hurts

ricepig

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 05:36:49 pm
This staff didn't even offer our best instate LB on campus right now until Georgia did. We let Missouri have a damn good RB that they will prob beat us with ( while we've taken several RB that haven't and won't sniff the field 1 from ark ). Your argument isn't apples to apples because those schools you mentioned have at least twice but mostly 3-4 times the kids to evaluate in their respected states. If you're going to have success here you don't have the luxury of missing much. This will post will prob be deleted because the truth hurts

So, you rate Crockett ahead of both Whaley and Hammond's? As far Greenlaw, he was a tweeter, and it took a different set of eyes to put him at LB, Shannon didn't see it.

colbs

I'm almost positive Arkansas offered before UGA did.

onebadrubi

You end a small narrow minded post with an ignorant statement.

Our instate method of offering has been the exact same ever since Bielema came here. Greenlaws offer had NOTHING to do with Georgia's offer. You were probably one of those posters a year or two back mad we didn't offer a top prospect (might have been pettway) so early yet we got him to campus then a couple weeks later offered on his birthday.  They waited to make it a special thing and it worked out.

Crockett was not a miss when you Whaley and Hammonds in the same class and Hayden right behind them (yes I know they didn't know about Hayden at that time, but it's their job to make sure we get a top RB each year and they did).  If Crockett was such a miss what carries this year would you have given him???  Take some away from Whaley? Hammonds? Williams?  Who?  If you take them away from Williams then you are saying give a true freshman meaningful carries over a true freshman.  Whaley?  Oh so you're saying he's better than a top 3 RB in the nation that could go to ANY school he wanted?  Hammonds?  The kid that this board is already racing about we don't give it to enough.

Tick Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 06:31:36 pm

You end a small narrow minded post with an ignorant statement.

Our instate method of offering has been the exact same ever since Bielema came here. Greenlaws offer had NOTHING to do with Georgia's offer. You were probably one of those posters a year or two back mad we didn't offer a top prospect (might have been pettway) so early yet we got him to campus then a couple weeks later offered on his birthday.  They waited to make it a special thing and it worked out.

Crockett was not a miss when you Whaley and Hammonds in the same class and Hayden right behind them (yes I know they didn't know about Hayden at that time, but it's their job to make sure we get a top RB each year and they did).  If Crockett was such a miss what carries this year would you have given him???  Take some away from Whaley? Hammonds? Williams?  Who?  If you take them away from Williams then you are saying give a true freshman meaningful carries over a true freshman.  Whaley?  Oh so you're saying he's better than a top 3 RB in the nation that could go to ANY school he wanted?  Hammonds?  The kid that this board is already racing about we don't give it to enough.
I don't have to downgrade another to prove a point. Crockett's numbers speak for themselves. We whiffed. As for Greenlaw, we pay a staff well over 6 Mil dollars a year to not need a different set of eyes to recognize talent. They aren't very good at it. Period

Tick Hog

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 06:43:24 pm
I don't have to downgrade another to prove a point. Crockett's numbers speak for themselves. We whiffed. As for Greenlaw, we pay a staff well over 6 Mil dollars a year to not need a different set of eyes to recognize talent. They aren't very good at it. Period. You're delusional if you think Georgias offer had nothing to do with ours LoL

Amityvillehogger

I don't have to downgrade another to prove a point. Crockett's numbers speak for themselves. We whiffed. As for Greenlaw, we pay a staff well over 6 Mil dollars a year to not need a different set of eyes to recognize talent. They aren't very good at it. Period

We whiffed? Who's he gonna get carries over?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

imtad16

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 16, 2017, 05:32:50 pm
Gerry has been on campus and is in contact with Barry Lunney Jr.. The staff evaluated him at QB over the summer because that's where he is determined to play in college. His determination to play QB at the next level may have changed in the last 7-8 months, I'm not sure. He seemed focused on it back in August.

As others have said, Connor Noland is the QB recruit for the 2018 class. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach here. It's early. Gerry is a tremendous athlete who will no doubt play at the next level.

Sounds like he has a good relationship with the staff and believes he will get an offer from Arkansas soon.

"I talked to Coach Lunney a lot," Bohanon said. "That's my guy and he has been showing me interest since I was young." (From RD's most recent write up on Bohanon)

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

imtad16

Quote from: colbs on January 16, 2017, 06:25:23 pm
I'm almost positive Arkansas offered before UGA did.

Quote from: factchecker on January 16, 2017, 07:03:30 pm
We did.

Yep. Georgia was a later offer. I remember being a little worried he would go visit.

onebadrubi

I didn't downgrade YOU, your point was narrow minded and you ended it with a very ignorant last sentence.  Also your point is far from correct.  To view ones end result numbers down not mean much of anything really, but that tends to be fans problems.  Many are so quick to want to bash a coach, a staff, or a player, they can't see the full picture or all other attributing factors.  To call it a whiff my taking Whaley and Hammonds and not extending an offer to crockett is doing just such simply because he put 1000 yards at a school known to throw it around against teams (so their defenses will be such to allow a few more yards) as well as a team that was truly in many ball games this year.  If you want to say well they beat Arkansas then it plays right into what I already described, you are more looking to put down the Arkansas team, staff, players/program than anything since Crockett had absolutely nothing to do with that game.

Hollywood870

Dennis Johnson and Tyler Wilson. Two Arkansas kids without UA offers until Petrino showed up.

Hollywood870

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 16, 2017, 06:56:10 pm
We whiffed? Who's he gonna get carries over?
Doesn't matter. You stack em up. What if we have two RB's go down? It happens ALL of the time. Arkansas kids aren't good enough to play for THIS team.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 16, 2017, 07:47:22 pm
Dennis Johnson and Tyler Wilson. Two Arkansas kids without UA offers until Petrino showed up.

I seem to recall Wilson's situation.  Wasn't it a kid named Youngblood that Nutt had committed to play QB in that class?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

factchecker

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 16, 2017, 07:47:22 pm

Kenneth Dixon and Martrell Spaight.  Two Arkansas kids who should have had offers from Arkansas when Petrino was here.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 16, 2017, 07:49:39 pm
Doesn't matter. You stack em up. What if we have two RB's go down? It happens ALL of the time. Arkansas kids aren't good enough to play for THIS team.

Are you kidding, you must have missed the threads about the QB and MLB all season......

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 16, 2017, 07:49:39 pm
Yes it does. We did not whiff. We got who we wanted. He did well this year, just like several other freshman rbs. Doesn't make him better, nor do we take 3 or 4 rbs in one year.

Tick Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 16, 2017, 07:30:14 pm
I didn't downgrade YOU, your point was narrow minded and you ended it with a very ignorant last sentence.  Also your point is far from correct.  To view ones end result numbers down not mean much of anything really, but that tends to be fans problems.  Many are so quick to want to bash a coach, a staff, or a player, they can't see the full picture or all other attributing factors.  To call it a whiff my taking Whaley and Hammonds and not extending an offer to crockett is doing just such simply because he put 1000 yards at a school known to throw it around against teams (so their defenses will be such to allow a few more yards) as well as a team that was truly in many ball games this year.  If you want to say well they beat Arkansas then it plays right into what I already described, you are more looking to put down the Arkansas team, staff, players/program than anything since Crockett had absolutely nothing to do with that game.
I didn't say you did, i was referring to me not being placed in a position to say that another player should have carries taken away. However to answer your question D Crockett rushed for 1062 and 10 TD's on a 153 attempts. Yes 153 attempts behind without question the worst offensive line in the SEC. Trust me he could have gotten carries. We'll just have to agree to disagree

ricepig

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 08:36:44 pm
I didn't say you did, i was referring to me not being placed in a position to say that another player should have carries taken away. However to answer your question D Crockett rushed for 1062 and 10 TD's on a 153 attempts. Yes 153 attempts behind without question the worst offensive line in the SEC. Trust me he could have gotten carries. We'll just have to agree to disagree

Wait, I've read on HV numerous times that we had the worse line in all of football. Crockett had a great year, our RB's had a great year, it's OK if Arkansas kids have good years elsewhere. Two things, we don't get every recruit in the state, and occasionally, we miss on someone.

factchecker

Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 08:36:44 pm
Yes 153 attempts behind without question the worst offensive line in the SEC.

Mizzou had one of the best offensive lines in the SEC.

They only allowed 14 sacks (league best) and revamped their offense with Heupel and Glen Elarbee (offensive line coach).

http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS