Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tax plans/health care

Started by RazrRila99, September 15, 2008, 08:26:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazrRila99

I posted this in politics too, but wanted to get some financial minds thinking about this too:

Because Im fairly lazy (Ive googled and came up with primarily old information) and some of you might already know the answer I have a question:

What are the similarities/differences between Obama's and McCain's tax/health care plans?

I know that Obama wants to increase corporate taxes while decreasing the "middle to low" income earning folks.  Whereas, McCain wants to decrease corporate taxes while (and this is where it gets fuzzy) decreasing upper crest income and increasing "middle to low" income? 

Also, I read where McCain wants to tax the company provided share of an employees health insurance then give a dollar for dollar credit come tax time?  Im no "smartie" but that doesnt make much sense to me.  Why tax me if you are going to give everything back?  Granted its small potatos but it confuses me, and Im smarter with my money than the government is. 

I have a feeling this is going to be a he says/he says kind of deal, but Im wanting gut feel answers here.  Its September, but November 4th is coming quickly. 

Thanx