Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jerry World trade-out

Started by TPS_Report, September 26, 2017, 11:45:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TPS_Report

Most of my Aggie brethren would prefer our games with Arkansas return to the home and home format. 

How do y'all feel about the game being a neutral site affair?

Would you be ok with a different former SWC team replacing A&M in that series.  If so, which?
I bleed maroon and I wipe burnt orange.

Wildhog

Now that it's a conference game, I definitely wish they'd go back to home-and-home.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

It is stupid, but was done to offset the lost revenue of playing games in LR.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

IronHog

Quote from: TPS_Report on September 26, 2017, 11:45:42 am
Most of my Aggie brethren would prefer our games with Arkansas return to the home and home format. 

Would you be ok with a different former SWC team replacing A&M in that series.  If so, which?

Arkansas can't beat SWC schools anymore.

Actually Hogs should play UT every year in Dallas.  Both programs need it at this point
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hogs-n-Roses

Should have been something we did for 2-4 years and then revisited it in a decade if we either were interested. I used to love that trip though ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:47:25 am
Now that it's a conference game, I definitely wish they'd go back to home-and-home.

Wish again in 2023 or 2024 I believe.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2017, 11:55:11 am
Wish again in 2023 or 2024 I believe.

TAMU wants out of it.  We'll see what happens.
1909/1964/1965/1977

DoctorSusscrofa

I'm willing to let TAMU out as long as they will forfeit every year.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

Cambridge Hog

sign me up for Rice. or any team coming off the death penalty......

swinemaster

Are you an Aggie?  Or do you have Aggie brethren?  Either way you must have something wrong with you.

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on September 26, 2017, 11:55:45 am
TAMU wants out of it.  We'll see what happens.

Yeah, they have since 2014......

ricepig

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on September 26, 2017, 11:58:38 am
I'm willing to let TAMU out as long as they will forfeit every year.

And pay a $2M liquidation fee....

Mo_Better_Hogs

Ever since the brief home-and-home we did with A&M--which was when the Aggies joined the SEC--I had the same thought several times. With the Hogs-Ags now being a conference game, the extra fanfare of playing in DFW and on the Cowboys field doesn't seem necessary.

If the Hogs wanted to keep a game there, for Jerry's amusement, that's okay. Other opponents?--Of the old SWC, I did enjoy the TCU and Texas Tech series, except for the second year of each. SMU?--that would be better as a home-and-home too. Baylor, if they were still good, would be cool. Think of those contrasting uniform colors--red and white vs green and gold. That would look great.

Oklahoma State comes up every now and then as a non-conf opponent. I think they've played in the Jerry Dome too. That would be a sweet series, for a few years. But WE would need to get more competitive to hold up our end of the deal. OSU has been pretty good in the past several years.

PorkRinds

We've got to get that game back here. Evidently we aren't allowed to win in Jerry World.

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

Sed76

I'd be fine with rotating out all the old SWC schools every few years and still calling it the Southwest Classic.

MotleyHawg

Why not rotate game every 3 years in jerrys world, get a home and home then go play at jerrys world

NoogaHog

I still think we should play A&M home and home, and play a regional P5 school in Jerry World every year, like OU, or Okie Lite, KSU, Nebraska, Texas, Iowa, or even a Pac12 school like AZ St. or Colorado. Those schools could use the exposure in TX as well. It would be a win-win.
Слава Богу - Slava Bogu - "Glory to God"

twistitup

I'd like to win one first at JW....then I'm ok w home and home.

Can y'all just forfeit so we can make it happen quicker?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2017, 12:14:03 pm
And pay a $2M liquidation fee....

That's pocket change to those big boosters down there....they must not really want out. 2 mill? They probably have that in the safe at their girlfriends house.

Ex-Trumpet

I live about an hour from Kyle Field...I would love home/home games.

If it weren't for our glorious w-l record in Jerry World I'd say move 'em.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rogersvillemohog

The only way I'd be okay with dumping the game against A&M in Dallas would be if they give up playing LSU on Thursday and let our game with them get back to it's regularly scheduled Friday after Thanksgiving slot. This is the all time dream scenario, imo:

A&M game will go to home-and-home as Arkansas and LSU play again on Friday after Thanksgiving. Texas stops being a bunch of whiney b-words and starts playing A&M on Thanksgiving ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: . Move the Arkansas-Missouri to sometime around Halloween (ala Tennessee-Bama), and get Missouri and Kansas to heal their wounds by playing their annual game in Kansas City to end the season every year.

This is where the whole Jerry World thing starts to get fun. I guarantee that Jerry wants Arkansas playing a game a year in that stadium and could give a rip who the opponent is. I would like to see Arkansas play either an old Southwest Conference opponent on the regular and maybe throw in and old traditional non-conference rival like Oklahoma State every few years. Make it like those kickoff classics, except schedule it for the first weekend of the Texas State fair. Let's play devil's advocate and say this would start next year.

2018: Arkansas vs Texas
2019: Arkansas vs Baylor
2020: Arkansas vs Oklahoma State
2021: Arkansas vs Texas Tech
2022: Arkansas vs Houston
2023: Arkansas vs SMU
2025: Arkansas vs Oklahoma

yadda, yadda, yadda... I'm sure it's a pipe dream, but man would I love to play Texas there on a regular basis.
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

NoogaHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 26, 2017, 01:07:17 pm
I still think we should play A&M home and home, and play a regional P5 school in Jerry World every year, like OU, or Okie Lite, KSU, Nebraska, Texas, Iowa, or even a Pac12 school like AZ St. or Colorado. Those schools could use the exposure in TX as well. It would be a win-win.

I will also add that we need to get rid of the WMS game and schedule our other 3 noncons at home. Be it 3 G5 schools or another P5 school and 2 G5 schools (No FCS schools, please) and then you have 7 games at DWRRS, which is more than we have now.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 26, 2017, 01:18:50 pm
I will also add that we need to get rid of the WMS game and schedule our other 3 noncons at home. Be it 3 G5 schools or another P5 school and 2 G5 schools (No FCS schools, please) and then you have 7 games at DWRRS, which is more than we have now.

Schedule the cupcakes in Jerry World.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

NoogaHog

Quote from: rogersvillemohog on September 26, 2017, 01:16:01 pm
The only way I'd be okay with dumping the game against A&M in Dallas would be if they give up playing LSU on Thursday and let our game with them get back to it's regularly scheduled Friday after Thanksgiving slot. This is the all time dream scenario, imo:

A&M game will go to home-and-home as Arkansas and LSU play again on Friday after Thanksgiving. Texas stops being a bunch of whiney b-words and starts playing A&M on Thanksgiving ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: . Move the Arkansas-Missouri to sometime around Halloween (ala Tennessee-Bama), and get Missouri and Kansas to heal their wounds by playing their annual game in Kansas City to end the season every year.

This is where the whole Jerry World thing starts to get fun. I guarantee that Jerry wants Arkansas playing a game a year in that stadium and could give a rip who the opponent is. I would like to see Arkansas play either an old Southwest Conference opponent on the regular and maybe throw in and old traditional non-conference rival like Oklahoma State every few years. Make it like those kickoff classics, except schedule it for the first weekend of the Texas State fair. Let's play devil's advocate and say this would start next year.

yadda, yadda, yadda... I'm sure it's a pipe dream, but man would I love to play Texas there on a regular basis.

Sounds good, let's do it!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

NoogaHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 26, 2017, 01:19:47 pm
Schedule the cupcakes in Jerry World.

Wouldn't be able to sell tickets. Can you imagine how much <30K people would rattle around in JW? It would be terrible. Plus I think JJ is a better businessman than to allow that.

IronHog

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 26, 2017, 01:18:50 pm

Think they'll win one?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hogwild

A&M & LSU aren't playing on Thursday anymore. ESPN wanted to make in an annual game and LSU refused, the Egg Bowl will replace them.

The LSU v A&M game might get moved to Black Friday, LSU can't refuse because it it part of the CBS package.  They can refuse to play on Thursday but not on Friday

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: NoogaHog on September 26, 2017, 01:24:28 pm
Wouldn't be able to sell tickets. Can you imagine how much <30K people would rattle around in JW? It would be terrible. Plus I think JJ is a better businessman than to allow that.

Well there would be more than in WMS!

RazorPiggie

hogsanity

In my pipe dream we never play a team from Texas again other than conference games. There is a large world of college football, I'd like to see the Hogs play UCLa or Stanford, Maybe FSU or NC. Was really looking forward to the Michigan games before they ran off with ND.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: hogsanity on September 26, 2017, 11:49:27 am

It is stupid, but was done to offset the lost revenue of playing games in LR.

It was suppose to help our exposure & recruiting in the Dallas area.  Not sure us losing 5-6 games in a row there, is gonna help things.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

twistitup

After attending every game in Dallas since we started the series - we won't be going any longer. The experience was not worth the effort and expense.

It's a wonderful time to get together with family and friends from TX, but it has now turned depressing. Turn out the lights, the party is over.

Fool me once it's my fault, fool me twice....wait....fool me five times it's your fault, but fool me six times it's my fault...no that's not right - anyway - we just can't get fooled again.

We Are Done until the product on the field improves (coaching change necessary)

Hogwild

How much money do we get each year for playing the game in Dallas?  Do they pay set fee or is it based on ticket sales?

Sed76

Me too. Cost way to much for tickets, hotels, gas and food to go watch your team choke away a game that is very winnable. No more til someone else is roaming the sidelines.

johnny cash

Hogwild

Quote from: Hogwild on September 26, 2017, 04:06:34 pm
How much money do we get each year for playing the game in Dallas?  Do they pay set fee or is it based on ticket sales?

The reason I ask, just heard on the radio that LSU will be paid $4.75 million to open up the season against Miami in Jerry's World the Sunday before Labor Day. 

hawganatic

Quote from: Rzbakfromwaybak on September 26, 2017, 02:10:50 pm
It was suppose to help our exposure & recruiting in the Dallas area.  Not sure us losing 5-6 games in a row there, is gonna help things.

The original agreement we were the only college game played in Cowboy Stadium.  Now there are several played there every year, all usually bigger games than what Arkansas/Texas A&M can produce.

Think the usefulness of the game being played in Dallas has ran out.

NaturalStateReb

A&M isn't going to continue that deal after it expires.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

twk

The only way that can happen is if A&M and Texas resume their series, and Missouri and Kansas do as well.

SEC rules require all teams to play that final weekend--no open dates. If Arkansas plays LSU, A&M and Missouri aren't on  each others' schedule more often than once every six years, so that is not a workable substitute. I'm not sure the SEC would reconfigure the schedule if it was dependent upon the continued cooperation of two Big XII schools, one of which is notoriously unreliable.

Roaringboar

Quote from: twistitup on September 26, 2017, 03:42:45 pm
After attending every game in Dallas since we started the series - we won't be going any longer. The experience was not worth the effort and expense.

It's a wonderful time to get together with family and friends from TX, but it has now turned depressing. Turn out the lights, the party is over.

Fool me once it's my fault, fool me twice....wait....fool me five times it's your fault, but fool me six times it's my fault...no that's not right - anyway - we just can't get fooled again.

We Are Done until the product on the field improves (coaching change necessary)

Don't say that, they just deleted another guy's thread for saying fans were trying to get money back for their tickets. The powers that be really want us to believe Fayettville is going to sell out every home game the rest of the year even if we do suck.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

hawganatic

I've been to the game three times.  I'd rather save the $$$ and go to a true home game.  Fayetteville is a lot better football experience than Dallas/Arlington.

Tusks

According to the illuminate the hogs make less than they make on a home game but more than on an away game.  Something like if you avg. the game in Dallas over two seasons you make more than a home game in Fay and then an away game some place in the country.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

VirginiaHog

I had never been. Son and I went for the first time this year. Had a great time. Fun game. Enjoyed the stadium. That said, I probably won't go back either just because of the cost.

texas tush hog

You would feel differently if we were to win every now and then.

bphi11ips

The A&M game in Jerry's World benefits Arkansas. Period.  End of story.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Wildhog

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 26, 2017, 05:51:46 pm

You would feel differently if we were to win every now and then.

No I wouldn't.  I want to be able to host official visitors for the TAMU game.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pecos Hog

Home and home.    Couldn't go every year anyway.    Jerry's World costs big bucks just to look at it.   Super nice place and lots of fun, but it sure is a $hake down.

gangstaback

Quote from: hawganatic on September 26, 2017, 04:14:15 pm
The original agreement we were the only college game played in Cowboy Stadium.  Now there are several played there every year, all usually bigger games than what Arkansas/Texas A&M can produce.

Think the usefulness of the game being played in Dallas has ran out.

This is correct. Jerry sold us out, was supposed to help us in recruiting but now its just another game (and habitually a bad one for us).