Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To the people who were there....

Started by hehawg, November 23, 2012, 05:56:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hehawg

Although some of the stadium looked deserted you people really made a showing in the second half on tv! The noise blaring through the television to the point it was hard to hear the commentators!

Thanks for showing these seniors who have put alot of hard work, sweat, and blood what it means to be a fan of the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS!

#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

Pickeledpigfeet

Quote from: hehawg on November 23, 2012, 05:56:30 pm
Although some of the stadium looked deserted you people really made a showing in the second half on tv! The noise blaring through the television to the point it was hard to hear the commentators!

Thanks for showing these seniors who have put alot of hard work, sweat, and blood what it means to be a fan of the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS!

^^^^^^^^THIS Thanks Hogfans
Get off the Gus bus....Get on the Bret Jet !!!!!

HOGSWEAT

First time since Bama 2010 that crowd was a factor.

BartIV

now I feel bad that I turned down 2 free tickets.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Just leaving the game.  I left my voice in the stadium.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

hehawg

Quote from: Nate(wocraig)Craig on November 23, 2012, 06:08:18 pm
Just leaving the game.  I left my voice in the stadium.

+1 I would have done the same but had to work
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

TuskU

Even though we lost and it was rather chilly, i'm glad my family and I were there.  My voice was left at RRS as well.     WPS!

MacHog19

Thanks to those fans who attended today!

s.smalling

HogCard

I was there.  Frozen solid but there. Too bad our staff cheated the players and fans. Felt sorry for the players. Coaching staff had nothing to lose but played conservatively anyway.

BrianWPS!!

Left my voice inside the indoor club. I was still loud though!

CallThemHawgs!

It was cold and I can barely talk now, but it was fun.

Helluva showing, and it was loud. Too bad we could not have pulled it off

jthill

I was in the student section today and was pretty impressed with the turnout. Those who were present did a great job. It was very loud.

hehawg

Everyone who was there did a fantastic job sending these seniors to there next stages of there careers!
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

rupert

As they used to say on Hee-Haw....SAL---UTE...

proud of the hog fans today

rupert

As they used to say on Hee-Haw, SAL-UTE

proud of the hog fans

Tejano Jawg

We made it to our seats just a minute before kickoff. The crowd looked a lot bigger than I expected. Only thin in east upper deck. I'm in the west upper deck, and it looked pretty full with only scattered vacant seats.

And I'll tell you, up high, it was cold. Without the wind, it would have been great football weather.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogrocker

It was pretty loud in there toward the end.  My ears are ringing.

Next1_04

I was totally un prepared for the cold. Froze my butt off but stuck it out

WSPHOG

I got to the stadium at 8:30am to tailgate and gave the team all I had today. Completely worn out and still cold!

PigTales

Thanks Hehawg, you always wonder if it sounds as loud on TV as it does at the game. I love this senior class, I would venture to say they have been through more than any senior class in Razorback football history.

I left my voice and my heart scattered all over Razorback Stadium

Sir Oinksalot

Yep, good job on a cold day with little hope.

You are true fans...

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

popcornhog

The southeast corner (primarily student section) was pretty empty, the rest of the stadium was pretty full.

The weird thing was that so many people left in the third quarter.

Either way, it was fun. We talked to a lot of corn dogs who were really impressed with our campus, stadium, and with Fayetteville.

WPS! To better days.
WPS

hogrocker

If I had known we were helping fans at home by drowning out the awful CBS guys, I would have yelled even louder.

tulsadst

We cheered our Hogs on through the cold - gave it our best...Was proud of the fight our Hogs showed yesterday!

WPS!!!

SamBuckhart

Was in 515 and cold wind was murder. HOGS should have won. We were the better team.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Jamie Jones

The wind was vicious in 226, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world. It has been a disappointing season, but we can now put it behind us and look forward to greater things with the new Head Hog. Any senior that might read Hogville, thank you for the commitment you made to our program. Thank you for being there every Saturday to create memories for all Hog fans. It has been a great ride with your class and I wish you all nothing but the best in your futures. WPS
I'm a Hog fan. I never chant S-E-C! I hate all the other members.

HogtiedinLR

Was outside working when I heard the crowd in the first quarter.....thought "Wow, they are really loud."  Way to go fans!

Hogfaniam

Quote from: SamBuckheart on November 24, 2012, 08:49:54 am
Was in 515 and cold wind was murder. HOGS should have won. We were the better team.

I have always wondered why the north endzone of a cool/cold weather sport is left open and the south endzone is closed.  Here is someones sign.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

tphigh2001

I was there freezing but yelling and just knew we were gonna win. Props to our defense, they played their hearts out for us.

ChemEHawg

You're welcome. Still getting feeling back in my cheeks. I got some free tickets from an LSU buddy of mine I went to junior high and high school with. All the corn dogs around us were scared. Only 4-5 were jerks.

Thanks for all the info.  Will probably stick to one of the places close to the hotel so that if I have a few too many I can stagger back.  Nothing better than your kids seeing you drunk.  I don't look at it as a bad example but rather a cautionary tale.<br /><br />-Dwight_K_Shrute<br /><br />I can't wait to have kids...

Oklahawg

I always show up to root on the players. They are the ones who do the "dirty work" for the name on their jersey. I don't think I've ever booed a coach at a game. Even Nutt, who I despised the last couple of years.

I was proud of the players for giving it hell to the bitter end. I was pleased the coaches had them prepped so well to win. I don't want to quibble about a couple of tactical choices by the HC (far easier to discuss two botched FGs and lost points on the opening drive where we fumbled inside the 3-yard line).

Even that, though, is part of the game. Players make mistakes! its not like they WANT to screw up.

It was cold as hades (coldest I remember since the 93 Auburn game). I got to explain to a young lady waiting in line with me for refreshments about the 87 Liberty Bowl placard in the concourse. I noted that game was far colder than the 2012 LSU game - frozen standing water on the edge of the stadium floor.

I had never experienced LSU fans live - most were fine. The cheer during the UA alma mater was tacky beyond all belief. The tables behind us at dinner were the most foul-mouthed, obnoxious, loud human beings I've encountered in a long time. A LONG, LONG time. I had my young son with me so I opted to not say anything to them about it.

All in all, a fine day. The seniors deserved my cheers, the staff deserved my respect for working through a bad situation, and my alma mater deserved my voice in song during pre-game.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Jimmy

Hats off to the LSU fans who turned out in force, far from home, the day after Thanksgiving.  My hotel was about 1/2 LSU.  The restaurant/bar on Dickson, at which I arrived about 10:15 AM Friday, was a majority LSU fans until about noon.  No matter the bad apples at LSU, and they have many, LSU football has committed loyal fans who walk the walk. 

jeramyaupton

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on November 23, 2012, 07:39:51 pm
We made it to our seats just a minute before kickoff. The crowd looked a lot bigger than I expected. Only thin in east upper deck. I'm in the west upper deck, and it looked pretty full with only scattered vacant seats.

And I'll tell you, up high, it was cold. Without the wind, it would have been great football weather.
This. I sit in 514 top row. [CENSORED] freezing with that wind.

KC Hawg

It was cold down in the lower level, so I can only imagine what it was like up top without anything blocking the wind.  Hopefully, Tusk lived through this one.

Very proud of the team and the fans (at least the ones who stayed past halftime).  The coaches lost this game without a doubt.  Some very questionable decisions throughout the game.  Too depressing to think about...

hehawg

Quote from: KC Hawg on November 24, 2012, 02:01:22 pm
It was cold down in the lower level, so I can only imagine what it was like up top without anything blocking the wind.  Hopefully, Tusk lived through this one.

Very proud of the team and the fans (at least the ones who stayed past halftime).  The coaches lost this game without a doubt.  Some very questionable decisions throughout the game.  Too depressing to think about...

There were some questionable calls but all in all made for an exciting game..especially for us hog fans who were not able to make it.
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

007 License To Squeal

Agree 100%.  Crowd sounded great to me.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

auburnhater

Quote from: AR Taco04 on November 23, 2012, 06:00:44 pm
First time since Bama 2010 that crowd was a factor.

The crowd was a big factor against Auburn and USCe last year.

gtaylor

Amen to that!!!

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: auburnhater on November 24, 2012, 10:32:32 pm
The crowd was a big factor against Auburn and USCe last year.

And every legit game. 

M L (bassplayer)

We were on the home side in the shade and were freezing our butts off. Completely unprepared for the weather.
Went to the Hog Heaven store in the endzone to just look for something to buy and they were getting slammed.
People bought every friggin' sweatshirt in the house. The line to checkout wrapped around the inside and out the door. They made a killin'
We stayed to the end, but alot in the shade couldn't take it and had to leave.