Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas-Rice Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, December 17, 2005, 07:17:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GrizzledHogFan

Quote from: hogfankb on December 17, 2005, 08:11:11 pm
Quote from: gmb_79 on December 17, 2005, 08:09:59 pm
Quote from: hogfankb on December 17, 2005, 08:09:06 pm
eels mentioning ronnie's parents wanting him to get his diploma. MUSIC TO MY EARS

They've been saying that since he started college

yeah i know. doesnt mean it doesn't sound good everytime i hear it

Good point.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.

fieldturf

Get that Fergurson on the bench were he belongs and bring in Mccurdy.....I'm glad Eric is senior

hogfankb

26-26. arkansas not making ANYTHING

GrizzledHogFan

corndo

GrizzledHogFan

Wow.  Arkansas is playing terribly.

hogfankb

Quote from: cowhead on December 17, 2005, 08:13:09 pm
Get that Fergurson on the bench were he belongs and bring in Mccurdy.....I'm glad Eric is senior

mccurdy is still too scared. ferguson has played a good game actually so far. why do you want him out. most games i would agree with you but not htis one

hogfankb

Golfer

GrizzledHogFan

Rice on an 11-0 run with a FT coming

jeffshogs

I like Hunters' agressiveness, I just wish he was stronger.  He has a nose for the ball.
Get your bird dog butt up and down the court!

hogfankb

GrizzledHogFan

corndo

Quote from: gmb_79 on December 17, 2005, 08:16:03 pm
Rice on an 11-0 run with a FT coming

Rice should never have an 11-0 run on us. Inexcusable.

Hums

We are down 2. I figure we will win by 6-8 again. Have not been able to put people away this season, but at least we are winning!

GrizzledHogFan

Golfer

hogfankb

hill misses a dunk? how does that happen

hogfankb

townes having an unbelievable game. that as a helluva move

lunchbox72703

GrizzledHogFan

Townes on the putback...30-28 Arkansas

hogfankb

is something wrong with the rim on that end?

lunchbox72703

hmmm, we may go to half tied or without a lead :(

hogfankb

30-28 arkansas. 26.5 second in the half

corndo

Just like the MSU game a couple of nights ago, we are not taking full advantage of our size.

lunchbox72703

Pragmatic PiG

Any estimates on the crowd?

Is it loud at all or is somewhat neutral?

lunchbox72703

corndo

December 17, 2005, 08:23:06 pm #78 Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 08:25:52 pm by corndo
wow, almost losing to Rice at the half??? What in the world???

lunchbox72703

lunchbox72703

corndo....we're up 30-28 at the half

hogfankb

Quote from: corndo on December 17, 2005, 08:23:06 pm
wow, losing to Rice at the half??? What in the world???

technically we are winning. but might as well be losing

lunchbox72703

i'm amazed that rice is making some of our best defenders look like fools on the dribble :(

lunchbox72703

Theolesnort

To say Modica is a half a step slow on defense is a understatement, it is more like a step and a half when he is on Almond. To be fair he is blowing by everyone.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hogfankb

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 17, 2005, 08:27:21 pm
To say Modica is a half a step slow on defense is a understatement, it is more like a step and a half when he is on Almond. To be fair he is blowing by everyone.

wouldn't matter who he was guarding. modica is a step slow on anyone

Boarcephus

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on December 17, 2005, 08:25:44 pm
rick needs a new hair cut

Perhaps but he is one helluva nice guy and a class act.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

corndo

stevenglennn

At the Half, Arkansas 30 Rice 28, while at the half perhaps someone can explain something to me.  I am in Tulsa this weekend.  According to Hogwired 970 AM Radio in Tulsa carries the games, but not tonights.  I do have a high speed internet connection in my room.  However, I discover that the U of A charges for the radio broadcasts on the internet.  Hey listen, I work part time for a Razorback Radio affiliate and I know that the stations pay good money for the radio broadcasts, so then why charge for them on the net???  Luckily for me, the Rice network does have free streaming audio on this game.  It is kind of fun to listen to the "other team's" radio. 
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

lunchbox72703

I agree, Boar, he is a real good guy!!!   Just needs to update the "do"  :D

hogfankb

the Arkansas written in white on a baby blue sideline makes me want to vomit. how can alltel not have a red sideline?

hogfan1978

I am out of town also...listening to the Rice radio station on the internet.   Their guys are brutal.

stevenglennn

Yes Hogfan, their play by play guy wants to be an official, rather than broadcaster :)
The definition of insanity is repeating the same action over and over and expecting a different result: like an off tackle play on third down and long.

GrizzledHogFan

If I have to listen to one more of their depressing PSA's, I'm going to slit my wrists

hogfan1978

He thinks everyone is getting fouled.  But at least I can hear the game, so I am not complaining.  I hope we run away with it in the 2nd half, I would like to hear what they have to say..

Boarcephus

That is exactly the play I expected a "Manimal" to make!!
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

stevenglennn

gmb 79 I agree!!  How about a 20 -0 run to start

GrizzledHogFan

corndo

Razorbrett

I'm watching and from the best I can see, if there is a lot of bad calls, they're going Rice's way!