Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is the buyout so lopsided?

Started by STLhawg, September 25, 2017, 12:25:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on September 26, 2017, 12:45:49 pm
Jeffy, called you yet for his daily consultation and advice session?

Nope, I deal with his superiors.

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2017, 12:49:51 pm
Nope, I deal with his superiors.
The supposed original sources of us not being a "win first" program Jeff Long talks about? I bet they are a real hoot to hang out with.

Serious question...do they pity a program like Alabama? Do they feel it must be awful to be associated with a program like that?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 26, 2017, 12:56:37 pm
The supposed original sources of us not being a "win first" program Jeff Long talks about? I bet they are a real hoot to hang out with.

Serious question...do they pity a program like Alabama? Do they feel it must be awful to be associated with a program like that?

Actually, the two BOT guys I know are, I don't know Long or Steinmetz .

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2017, 01:11:43 pm
Actually, the two BOT guys I know are, I don't know Long or Steinmetz .
You know are what? In your opinion would they switch places with Bama today if they had the choice? Or would they rather the state of things stay the way they have the past 5 years?? If given the choice hypothetically? Win first vs all we have mended and accomplished the past 4-5 years.

It's crazy that this is even a question but it's where our program is. I suspect I already know the answer.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 26, 2017, 01:47:15 pm
You know are what? In your opinion would they switch places with Bama today if they had the choice? Or would they rather the state of things stay the way they have the past 5 years?? If given the choice hypothetically? Win first vs all we have mended and accomplished the past 4-5 years.

It's crazy that this is even a question but it's where our program is. I suspect I already know the answer.

Hoot to hang out with, as Trustees of the University, they have more on their plate then football, as I suspected you already knew the answer to.

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on September 26, 2017, 01:52:25 pm
Hoot to hang out with, as Trustees of the University, they have more on their plate then football, as I suspected you already knew the answer to.
Pretty much. The football team winning/losing isn't all that important.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Porkchop#1

Quote from: a0ashle on September 26, 2017, 10:28:45 am
The easier you make a buyout to be executed, more worthless it is. We've promised to honor our contract, we've put the money where our mouth is, and we'll get a better coach after CBB because of it.
Hope you're right, but that is speculation.  One thing for certain, it has not worked in CBB's case, as much as I've wished it would have.

longpig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 01:45:32 pm

He is a Yankee who knew nothing about us and still doesn't. While the war been over 150 years there are undeniable cultural differences between folks from up there and down here.

The one time I stumbled into Jeffrey's presence, there was an unexplainable and immediate urge to give him a noogie.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Swestwill66

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 25, 2017, 01:45:32 pm

He is a Yankee who knew nothing about us and still doesn't. While the war been over 150 years there are undeniable cultural differences between folks from up there and down here.

The war's over ?