Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dusty Hannahs transferring from Texas Tech

Started by Hawg Red, March 25, 2014, 03:56:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingofdequeen

The Hogfather

Hawg Red

Ball's in Mike's court. Dusty definitely wants to be a Hog, from what I've been told.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 12:43:26 pm
Ball's in Mike's court. Dusty definitely wants to be a Hog, from what I've been told.

Enough to walk-on?

TT222

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 01:00:59 pm
Couldn't tell ya.
If he is willing to walk on, i would love to have him. we need some pure shooters on this team. if he comes and proves himself, then he can get a Scholarship. he needs to contact coach Anderson now.

HOGINTENNESSEE

What's the assumption for the last Schollie?

Atwood if he wants it, Purcell then Hannah? Or Hannah then Purcell.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 31, 2014, 01:10:07 pm
If he is willing to walk on, i would love to have him. we need some pure shooters on this team. if he comes and proves himself, then he can get a Scholarship. he needs to contact coach Anderson now.

Better than at least one player currently on scholarship.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 01:15:14 pm
Better than at least one player currently on scholarship.
Dee Wagner may leave on his own. the kid has to want to play. and looks like he is never going to play here. Mike will not run the kid off. he will have to leave on his own. Dusty needs to call Mike Now.

Hawg Red

Quote from: forrest city joe on March 31, 2014, 01:28:34 pm
Dee Wagner may leave on his own. the kid has to want to play. and looks like he is never going to play here. Mike will not run the kid off. he will have to leave on his own. Dusty needs to call Mike Now.

Agreed.

I do not think Dusty is a good enough player to warrant pulling a current player's scholarship. There are guys out there good enough to make a coach do that, we just aren't in on any of them right now.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 01:32:36 pm
Agreed.

I do not think Dusty is a good enough player to warrant pulling a current player's scholarship. There are guys out there good enough to make a coach do that, we just aren't in on any of them right now.

This is how I feel.  If Hannahs wants to walk-on, fine.  However, I don't think he's worth running off Dee Wagner (or anyone else) for.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The Hogfather on March 31, 2014, 01:34:45 pm
This is how I feel.  If Hannahs wants to walk-on, fine.  However, I don't think he's worth running off Dee Wagner (or anyone else) for.

But if Dee chooses to leave....sign him up.

Porkatarian

Quote from: -Blu on March 26, 2014, 09:49:59 am
I think we get 2 out of 3 between Whitt, McClure, and Allen.  I think we currently have the best shot at Whitt, and I've heard so many different things on McClure and Allen, but I ultimately think we'll probably get Allen. 

I believe we'll sign one of the above three players and I'd be shocked if it was Allen.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

HawgnCorona

I would take JW He seems to be the only one showing the most interest in coming here. Although KA going else where is tough.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Porkatarian

Quote from: HawgnCorona on March 31, 2014, 05:10:18 pm
I would take JW He seems to be the only one showing the most interest in coming here. Although KA going else where is tough.

I feel good about our chances with Whitt.

Porkatarian out...

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Porkatarian

Dusty is a pure shooter.  It would be nice to bring him off the bench on the nights when Bell is off.  I'd take him right now.

Porkatarian out...

TT222

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 31, 2014, 05:14:04 pm
Dusty is a pure shooter.  It would be nice to bring him off the bench on the nights when Bell is off.  I'd take him right now.

Porkatarian out...

I completely agree. He would be a pretty big asset to this team IMO.

Smithian

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 31, 2014, 04:53:09 pm
I believe we'll sign one of the above three players and I'd be shocked if it was Allen.

Porkatarian out...
The Hogs cannot let in state top talent leave our borders.

Gotta do whatever it takes.

FineAsSwine

Watching Whitt in the Show Me Show Down.  Whitt is a smooth operator. Dueling with Jordan Barnett,  Texass commit. Love to have Whitt.
Hogs up! Covid down!

CDBHawg

Allen and Monk are must gets.

Porkatarian

Quote from: CDBHawg on March 31, 2014, 06:37:53 pm
Allen and Monk are must gets.

I feel good about our chances with Monk.

Porkatarian out...

MGB1229

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 31, 2014, 06:58:25 pm
I feel good about our chances with Monk.

Porkatarian out...

I think Monk and Whitt would work just fine.   :razorback:

-Blu

Quote from: Porkatarian on March 31, 2014, 04:53:09 pm

Porkatarian out...

Always different stuff being reported about Allen, different people that claim to be close to the situation are saying different things.  I just heard the other day that a family member of Allen's said if CMA is still here, it's a good chance Allen will be a hog.  Yet, others say we don't have a chance, truth is nobody really knows because he's been very quite.

Also, another kid to keep in mind is the Fitzpatrick kid in Memphis.  He's a 4 star on most sites.  It was an article not too long ago he was saying we were in his top 4.  A guy on here that was claiming to be his uncle said he really likes the hogs, I don't know how true or not it was if the guy was his uncle.

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on March 31, 2014, 07:46:46 pm
Always different stuff being reported about Allen, different people that claim to be close to the situation are saying different things.  I just heard the other day that a family member of Allen's said if CMA is still here, it's a good chance Allen will be a hog.  Yet, others say we don't have a chance, truth is nobody really knows because he's been very quite.

Also, another kid to keep in mind is the Fitzpatrick kid in Memphis.  He's a 4 star on most sites.  It was an article not too long ago he was saying we were in his top 4.  A guy on here that was claiming to be his uncle said he really likes the hogs, I don't know how true or not it was if the guy was his uncle.

Allen ends up at Kansas or Florida. Almost willing to guarantee it. Not that it would mean anything to anyone.

Smithian

Quote from: -Blu on March 31, 2014, 07:46:46 pm

Hogs have to hope he doesn't sign early and that they win big next season.

All these in-state kids will be Hogs if the Hogs win and give them an instate option for a highly competitive program.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 09:01:58 pm
Allen ends up at Kansas or Florida. Almost willing to guarantee it. Not that it would mean anything to anyone.

You'd be the only person willing to guarantee where he's going, I don't even think he knows where he's going atm, and if he does it's being kept really close to him.   

Hawg Red

Quote from: -Blu on March 31, 2014, 09:17:25 pm
You'd be the only person willing to guarantee where he's going, I don't even think he knows where he's going atm, and if he does it's being kept really close to him.

You're right, he probably doesn't know where he's going -- I don't think he has decided between Kansas or Florida yet.

kingofdequeen

how can KeVaughn Allen not be at the top of everyone's 2015 list with Monk?

has he given any indication that he's not interested?

Hawg Red

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 31, 2014, 09:20:54 pm
how can KeVaughn Allen not be at the top of everyone's 2015 list with Monk?

has he given any indication that he's not interested?

Well, Monk is 2016. But Allen should be at the top of everyone's list, or near it. King McClure is better, but Allen and Whitt are fairly comparable. I really, really LOVE Allen's game and think he'd be phenomenal for us for 3-4 years. He is interested in Arkansas but, depending on what you hear and from whom, we do not lead. Many feel we are outside his top 5. Coaches are and should be still recruiting him.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 09:24:16 pm
Well, Monk is 2016. But Allen should be at the top of everyone's list, or near it. King McClure is better, but Allen and Whitt are fairly comparable. I really, really LOVE Allen's game and think he'd be phenomenal for us for 3-4 years. He is interested in Arkansas but, depending on what you hear and from whom, we do not lead. Many feel we are outside his top 5. Coaches are and should be still recruiting him.

i'd take the dude from Dogtown first.

TT222

Just read an article on a tech site. Basically he has been in touch with Melvin Watkins and if somebody transfers, there is a very high chance that he will be a Hog.

Hawg Red

Quote from: TT222 on March 31, 2014, 10:23:11 pm
Just read an article on a tech site. Basically he has been in touch with Melvin Watkins and if somebody transfers, there is a very high chance that he will be a Hog.

Good to hear.

Hawg Red

Quote from: kingofdequeen on March 31, 2014, 09:32:43 pm
i'd take the dude from Dogtown first.

I would turn him down under no circumstances.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 09:01:58 pm
Think he'll be willing to walk-on? Lol

He doesn't show an offer from Kansas and the offer from Florida is not listed on 247 (makes me wonder if it still stands).

I know we differ on our opinions of Allen. You say phenomenal and I say we won't be blown away by him, wherever he goes. We'll find out in a couple years I suppose.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 09:19:56 pm
You're right, he probably doesn't know where he's going -- I don't think he has decided between Kansas or Florida yet.

Is Memphis out of it?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hawg Red

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on March 31, 2014, 11:15:26 pm
Is Memphis out of it?

I wouldn't think so, but I think he favors Kansas/Florida.

-Blu

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 11:21:39 pm

I'm just ready to start for the summer to start so we can start getting some more recruiting news on the 2015 and 2016 class, I think most can agree these next couple of classes are the most important of Anderson's era, maybe the most important couple of classes in a while for Arkansas B-Ball. 

For 2015, I think McClure is probably the best prospect, and for 2016 definitely Monk, but but De'Ron Davis is a 5 star as well that we have a legit shot at.  If we can come out of this summer and get a commit from King McClure, I may go crazy and buy season tickets.  Kevaughn wouldn't be a bad pickup by any means, but just watching McClure, this kid has superstar all over him, and looks like a kid that will be ready from day 1 to come in and star and be a major contributor.  He's probably bigger as far as muscle than most of our team now.

Wild Bill Hog

So, is there any hint, reason, etc. to think Hannahs is even a possible for AR?  Any AR interest?

-Blu

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on April 01, 2014, 12:49:36 am
So, is there any hint, reason, etc. to think Hannahs is even a possible for AR?  Any AR interest?

I just read the article sounds like he really wants to be a hog, looks like the ball is in our court.  Was talking about how he was wanting to be a hog after high school, and his dad went here, and how much he likes what we are doing and a program is on the rise.  Also said he's been talking to Ky Madden and Bobby Portis.   And him and coach Watkins have spoken, and Watkins told him the staff has interest in him.

Only problem right now we don't have an open scholarship, so technically all we can can do right now is offer him to walk-on.  My assumption is the coaching staff is waiting until their year end one on one meetings to see who all, if any, is transferring.  Last year I know they did this after the banquet in mid April, I don't know when they will do it this year.  But, I bet that's what they told Hannah, just told hold up until they see what the scholarship situation is looking like.  If we lose a guy especially a guard they'll probably offer him.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: -Blu on April 01, 2014, 12:56:59 am
I just read the article sounds like he really wants to be a hog, looks like the ball is in our court.  Was talking about how he was wanting to be a hog after high school, and his dad went here, and how much he likes what we are doing and a program is on the rise.  Also said he's been talking to Ky Madden and Bobby Portis.   And him and coach Watkins have spoken, and Watkins told him the staff has interest in him.

Only problem right now we don't have an open scholarship, so technically all we can can do right now is offer him to walk-on.  My assumption is the coaching staff is waiting until their year end one on one meetings to see who all, if any, is transferring.  Last year I know they did this after the banquet in mid April, I don't know when they will do it this year.  But, I bet that's what they told Hannah, just told hold up until they see what the scholarship situation is looking like.  If we lose a guy especially a guard they'll probably offer him.

Thanks -Blu.  Hope everything works out for him.  Arkansas kids have a special place in my heart.

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hawg Red on March 31, 2014, 11:21:39 pm

It's wild to believe that around this time two years ago it was Kansas, Florida, Memphis, and Arkansas all still recruiting Allen just as they are today. He had a Louisville offer at one time. Probably still does.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

RazorAg

Again, I'll be highly surprised if Wagner remains on this team. I believe that wheels have been in motion on that recently.

As for filling that spot, I don't have a good feel on what we'll do. Consider that coaching changes are going on right now and in the near future, though. I bet we'll sit tight to see if there is any quality fall-out from those happenings.

Hawg Red, not debating with you that Allen may favor Florida/Kansas, but have you looked into who those teams are after and where Allen may fall on their pecking lists?

Porkatarian

The Hogfather

Quote from: Porkatarian on April 01, 2014, 07:44:10 am
No.

Porkatarian out...

Memphis seems much more likely than KU or Florida to me.

Mike Irwin

I have a life long friend in Lubbock, a big T Tech fan, who is very concerned by the departure of this kid. He's assuming he'll end up at Arkansas. Says he's a good player.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TT222 on March 31, 2014, 10:23:11 pm

Tell Wagner that he needs to look elsewhere. We need someone that is going to contribute.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on April 01, 2014, 08:39:41 am
Tell Wagner that he needs to look elsewhere. We need someone that is going to contribute.
Assuming he keeps his grades up and does not have disciplinary issues, can a player's scholarship be taken?

I usually hear it phrased as "coaches have advised him to look elsewhere," but can a player stay anyway and just be persona non grata for the remainder of his career, with the scholarship in tact?

RazorPiggie

Quote from: BBsTheMan on April 01, 2014, 08:47:50 am
Assuming he keeps his grades up and does not have disciplinary issues, can a player's scholarship be taken?

I usually hear it phrased as "coaches have advised him to look elsewhere," but can a player stay anyway and just be persona non grata for the remainder of his career, with the scholarship in tact?

Scholarships are good for 1 year.