Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs will win by 8 today vs. LSU

Started by Arazorbackguy1, January 31, 2009, 09:30:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arazorbackguy1

Mike Washington will have 20 pts. 10 rebs.   Clarke will have a smooth 16 pts.   followed by Welsh with 14.

Courtney will have no turnovers and 11 assists. 

GO HOGS ;)
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Razorod

i hope you are right. But, if i'm picking--i'm going with LSU by 10-12. Watched way too many road collapses over the past few years to think any differently.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

40MINSOFHELL

we finally win on the road, i believe, we need this

hawgrunner

TNhawgfan

11 assists from Courtney would be awesome, but 0 turnovers? There's no way he could play 30+ minutes without turning the ball over. Jimmy Dykes may say the same things over and over, game after game, but one I actually agree with is that Fortson's aggressive all-out style is "high risk, high reward"
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

rzrbackrob

doesn't seem likely but crazier things have happened this year (see the Oklahoma and Texas games).
Go Hogs
Good is the enemy of great

TMc

Ain't gonna happen - their gonna get killed today... line is 10 - if I were a gambler I'd throw 2 dimes on LSU.

chiefsfan

LSU will be a stern test.   They have 2 guys over 6'6  who can shoot well from beyond the 3 point line.   They also will have a sell out crowd today because they are celebrating 100 years of LSU basketball, and all the "greats" will be at the game

We've caught some bad luck in road games this year.  Florida was celebrating its football national championship,  LSU is celebrating its centennial team.  and as Pelphrey put it.  "it seemed in Oxford it was Houston Nutt Night"
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

thirtythree

I really hope you are right, but I just don't think it will happen. We don't play well on the road. I see us losing by double digits as well. I really hope I am wrong.

RZRBack_FAN

hope your right as well but I just don't see it happening. Lsu is playing very good and we well we are just to young to win on the road IMO.

harmonyhog

LSU by 20   No contest.  LSU just too good.

hogzilla3

I have to agree we just can't play on the road ,,, period!!!!!!!  I hate to say it but LSU by 15 on this one

40MINSOFHELL

Hawgzilla

Dunkel Index has LSU by 8................

TorsinAHog

For some reason I feel confident the hogs will win.  Therefore they will loose.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Arazorbackguy1

Ok, I don't want to hear any whining if we lose from the peeps that presict it
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

jschulte

Quote from: harmonyhog on January 31, 2009, 11:33:38 am
LSU by 20   No contest.  LSU just too good.

Not too sure if that can be said -- TOO good.  They have done well in conference play, but don't forget about that Utah game at the end.... they flaws just like the rest of us.

hogsndawgs

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on January 31, 2009, 09:37:12 am
we finally win on the road, i believe, we need this

I agree that we need it. I don't necessarily believe that we'll do it on the road though. Even if we keep it close, Mike Jones will probably hit a three at the buzzer that will be called a 2 and we'll lose.

Break & Run

LSU is too good for Arkansas to win in Baton Rouge by 8 or more. If Arkansas does win, it'll be by 2 or 3 or maybe even a buzzer beater...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

WxHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 31, 2009, 10:58:13 am
They also will have a sell out crowd today because they are celebrating 100 years of LSU basketball, and all the "greats" will be at the game

We've caught some bad luck in road games this year.  Florida was celebrating its football national championship,  LSU is celebrating its centennial team.  and as Pelphrey put it.  "it seemed in Oxford it was Houston Nutt Night"

When you're picked 6th in the SEC West by many, its probably not a coincidence that teams are doing this to us when we visit them.   Kinda like how we chose the Georgia game to celebrate the '94 Championship. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 31, 2009, 10:58:13 am
They also will have a sell out crowd today because they are celebrating 100 years of LSU basketball, and all the "greats" will be at the game

This is usually a bad thing but could be a plus.  Sometimes teams come out flat for "event" games such as this.

Were there any dinners or receptions the night before the game?  Are all the greats telling the players "Come on you got to win this for us.  Don't embarrass us in the house" etc.  Players may get too geeked up or tight.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

I found the line at 8.5 and think LSU will cover that.  We got the same problem every game.  Less talent, less experience, less numbers and today you can throw in an away game.  Our very best game will not be enough unless LSU really goes in the tub in addition to us playing our best game of the season.  LSU bt 15.

Conway Hog

I agree we need it but with LSU having a Centennial game...celebrities and all...they win by 18...LSU 83 / ARK 65
The  democracy will cease to exist when you take away from  those who are willing to work and give to those who would  not.
Thomas Jefferson

The  tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the  blood of patriots and  tyrants.
Thomas  Jefferson

ishankem

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 31, 2009, 09:30:04 am
Mike Washington will have 20 pts. 10 rebs.   Clarke will have a smooth 16 pts.   followed by Welsh with 14.

Courtney will have no turnovers and 11 assists. 

GO HOGS ;)

don't think so.  i think u may still be a little too festive over that bama win.
our road record aint too hot.  not much depth.  bunch of freshman.  playing a golfer some.  too many hurdles to jump over.  adds up to a lsu win most likely.