Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pels Rotations

Started by chewy4231, January 30, 2009, 10:41:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chewy4231

Im not a fan of how Pel handles his reserves minutes. How can you expect to improve your depth if you put Clark and Moore in for 45 seconds at a time?

akp4105

Quote from: chewy4231 on January 30, 2009, 10:41:18 pm
Im not a fan of how Pel handles his reserves minutes. How can you expect to improve your depth if you put Clark and Moore in for 45 seconds at a time?

give me some examples of how these guys are getting 45 seconds at a time.

SPAL

brother, we got 2 walk ons on scholi. we have a total of 8 players including the previously mentioned. when you come up with a better way to rotate em, you let us all know.

chiefsfan

I dont think we can blame pel for rotation.  We've got so few players, We have to make sure That we get our subs good enough minutes to develop, while at the same time not overworking Clarke Fortson Welsh or Washington

right now the only way to do that is to give players a minute or so of rest at a time, enough to catch a short breather and get them back out there
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

athunt

Clark deserves more minutes...If you honestly think that #31 is a better answer than Clark, maybe basketball isnt for u....Clark and Moore brings the athleticism we need at the 4 spot.  Our zone is longer and quicker with Clark or Moore. Against Bama Pel pulled Clark after his missed dunk. What do you think that does for his confidence. If Pel did the same to #31 (which he should) we would have be better playin 4 on 5. Give these guys the chance to prove themselves, get into the flow of the game, and mature a little.  #31 sometimes "redeems" himself but that is only because he has the oppurtunity because of his minutes.  A more athletic team is what we need. And we have but we arent seeing it every night
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

the 1 and only

You have to love arm chair coaches
molon Labe

Use your rights before you lose them

Corkscrew Johnson

I wondered about Clark myself.  He played a minute in the first half, turned the ball over on an inbounds pass and then committed an offensive foul, and then got yanked.  He played a minute in the second half, missed a dunk and then got yanked. 

I see his potential and wish he could play more.  But he keeps making bonehead mistakes.  Maybe he wouldn't make those stupid mistakes if he could get into the flow of the game...which happens when you are allowed to play more than 45 seconds at a time.  That would instill confidence.  But maybe he would play more than 45 seconds at a time if he didn't make those stupid mistakes.  I guess it's the chicken and the egg

TDHog

"He played a minute in the first half, turned the ball over on an inbounds pass and then committed an offensive foul, and then got yanked."

This is exacatly why Pel can't leave him in .  We have ZERO room for error as young, small, and thin as we are.  He is athletic, but needs to learn control.  How long, or how many TOs should Pel give him in a game thay may be decided by 10 points or less?

danielpark05

Quote from: athunt on January 31, 2009, 02:08:14 am
Clark deserves more minutes...If you honestly think that #31 is a better answer than Clark, maybe basketball isnt for u....Clark and Moore brings the athleticism we need at the 4 spot.  Our zone is longer and quicker with Clark or Moore. Against Bama Pel pulled Clark after his missed dunk. What do you think that does for his confidence. If Pel did the same to #31 (which he should) we would have be better playin 4 on 5. Give these guys the chance to prove themselves, get into the flow of the game, and mature a little.  #31 sometimes "redeems" himself but that is only because he has the oppurtunity because of his minutes.  A more athletic team is what we need. And we have but we arent seeing it every night
+1 i  agree with you 100% i think we should play clark over sanchez, michael is to soft in the paint and he cant catch a ball worth his life at points in the game

touchdownark

did you watch the game against bama? sanchez played great and scored 11 points and had i think 8 rebounds

chiefsfan

Clark has been told several times to watch his turnovers.   When he comes in, commits a foul and a turnover in about 45 seconds of play.  he's got to go out again.   We have zero margin for error on this team

Clark may be a bit more athletic and have a better long range shot then Sanchez.  But Sanchez is the only one on this team who seems to not mind taking charges, and doesnt mind being physical down low.   clark and moore havent learned that yet.    Until they figure it all out, these are sanchez minutes to lose, especially without Monk
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

touchdownark

Quote from: chiefsfan on January 31, 2009, 10:06:29 am
Clark has been told several times to watch his turnovers.   When he comes in, commits a foul and a turnover in about 45 seconds of play.  he's got to go out again.   We have zero margin for error on this team

Clark may be a bit more athletic and have a better long range shot then Sanchez.  But Sanchez is the only one on this team who seems to not mind taking charges, and doesnt mind being physical down low.   clark and moore havent learned that yet.    Until they figure it all out, these are sanchez minutes to lose, especially without Monk
I agree +1

athunt

Quote from: touchdownark on January 31, 2009, 09:57:38 am
did you watch the game against bama? sanchez played great and scored 11 points and had i think 8 rebounds
I was at the game...and if you think that #31 had a great game, then I think we should free up that scholarschip. I go back to my point that #31 gets more oppurtunities than Clark and Moore.  I need more than 2 hands to count how many times #31 didnt box out the back side or couldnt close out on his side of the court.  Stephen Cox went up stronger than #31 when he got the ball under the basket.
He looks like london crawford(pre-Miracle on Markham 2) running a post against Alabama when we throw him the ball in transition.  If fortson doesnt hit him the face with it, he wont know hes suppose to catch it
"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Hog4Ever09

Quote from: athunt on January 31, 2009, 12:58:22 pm
I was at the game...and if you think that #31 had a great game, then I think we should free up that scholarschip. I go back to my point that #31 gets more oppurtunities than Clark and Moore.  I need more than 2 hands to count how many times #31 didnt box out the back side or couldnt close out on his side of the court.  Stephen Cox went up stronger than #31 when he got the ball under the basket.
He looks like london crawford(pre-Miracle on Markham 2) running a post against Alabama when we throw him the ball in transition.  If fortson doesnt hit him the face with it, he wont know hes suppose to catch it

you can give him a name, you know.  Sanchez had 13 points, without those we would've lost.  Clark is too young and too all over the place for him to get decent minutes.  If Monk or Moore were able to play, Clark would get even less minutes.  He has amazing potential, he has a very good jump shot, but to say he should play over a player who contributes more and is a bit older is stretching it a bit.

touchdownark

Quote from: athunt on January 31, 2009, 12:58:22 pm
and when clark went in there he committed stupid fouls and turned the ball over so if what you say about sanchez is true then either way we are screwed

akp4105

Clark is more athletic than Sanchez... Sanchez is the better all around player and keeps his mistakes to a minimum..