Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Britt best 3 point avg

Started by rlejeune, January 30, 2009, 08:58:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rlejeune

I was looking at stats.  Britt has the best 3 point percentage on the team at 44% but he as only shot 18 of them.  I thought that was interesting

Hogbody

jkcrunch

this is because he is the smartest player on this team look at the rest of his numbers it will really stand out

18 min  20 AS 7 TO 22 ST  .500 FROM THE FIELD AND 89% FT HIS ASSIST TO TURNOVER RATIO ALMOST 3 TO 1

touchdownark

Quote from: rlejeune on January 30, 2009, 08:58:10 pm
I was looking at stats.  Britt has the best 3 point percentage on the team at 44% but he as only shot 18 of them.  I thought that was interesting
he needs to take more shots

hawgsav1

I like Britt a lot, but he only seems to take shots when he is ridiculously wide open or he's in a position where he has to.  I'd like to see him get a little more involved in the offense and see him try to get his own offense.  That would be awesome. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

pimphog

Quote from: hawgsav1 on January 30, 2009, 09:37:07 pm
I like Britt a lot, but he only seems to take shots when he is ridiculously wide open or he's in a position where he has to.  I'd like to see him get a little more involved in the offense and see him try to get his own offense.  That would be awesome. 

me too man....I was saying this last night.....I think Britt has a lot more to give to this team.

duckhuntark

I think Marcus also had the highest percentage last year

akp4105

Quote from: jkcrunch on January 30, 2009, 09:26:18 pm
this is because he is the smartest player on this team look at the rest of his numbers it will really stand out

18 min  20 AS 7 TO 22 ST  .500 FROM THE FIELD AND 89% FT HIS ASSIST TO TURNOVER RATIO ALMOST 3 TO 1

His numbers are good and he makes good decisions and is very sound defensively. He doesnt shoot more because he's told to shoot only when wide open.. He is a role player who plays his role very well. He'll never be a 15 to 20 point guy.. we have guys that are scorers.. he is not a scorer. I think he plays his role very well and thats why he gets the minutes he does.

razerbacker

Not 3 point % last year, seems like he could barely hit one last year, not that he took to many then either.

WMHawgfan

I like what Marcus brings to the team. He may not be flashy or have great athleticism but he is one of a select few that I don't see as a turnover waiting to happen when he handles the ball. He is solid, not great but solid.

Foshodo

he is and plays as exactly what the team needs from him... some of the people hoping he was one of the ones that "left" after last season made me cringe... he is a player every good team needs. Instead of Welsch(sp) playing his best only when he has a foot on his throat... Britt seems to come in and simply make smart plays... he doesnt force himself into the offense and is one of, if not the best defensive players we have...

Ulysses_S_Grunt

I love Britt. I think he does great in the role he has been given. He's, in my mind, our best defender by a long shot. He takes care of the ball, makes his free throws, and provides a calm attitude to the other players. Seems like a great guy, I'm glad he's a hog

chiefsfan

Britt's average is so high because he only takes open shots.   Thats what we need him to do.   Take the shot if its there, but if its not, get it to somebody who can

he's not going to be a big scorer for us.  He's quick and plays agressive D, and can shoot free throws.   Thats about all we could ask for out of him
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

granitehog

I think Britt knows what he is, knows his role, and doesn't try to do things he can't.

danielpark05

britt is a very smart player, hes not going to make stupid mistakes. and hes not selfish at all, he averaged 26 points a game in high school.... but steven hill averaged 27 points to and look how he panned out. i want to see britt taking more shots it could help out our guard play alot

hei5manhog

What kind of player was Britt in HS?
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

danielpark05

Quote from: hei5manhog on January 31, 2009, 01:49:25 pm
What kind of player was Britt in HS?
he played shooting guard in hs. he was a 2 star but i saw some of his high lights and he could play the point when they needed him to