Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trying to be a little optimistic

Started by olivebranchhog, January 30, 2009, 08:47:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olivebranchhog

As if anyone cares, I'm trying this new thing called optimism in this new year. No more bashing from this guy.
With that being said, I really believe this team of mostly freshman still trying to find their groove in conference play, can still pull it out in the West this year. Clarke has found his shot again, and seems to be very confident thanks to Pel's move to bring Nolan in to up the effort at BWA. If he continues this shooting, we could very well have a guy like Eric Ferguson who can hit the big shots to keep us in or win us games, and can draw enough attention to get other guys chances to score.
  Welsh, while being a liability at times, truly loves putting on the hog uniform and loves the fans. What I like most about Welsh is he hates losing more than he enjoys winning-which is the best attitude you can have in sports.               
Fortson is still forcing a little too much--but would you rather have a pg that forces or one that doesn't even try? In 2 years I'm pretty sure we will be singing his praises.
Jason Henry is still obviously hurting from the knee injury, but he still gives it all he has while he is on the court. The guy when healthy could be a Corey Brewer (Fla) type that can score from anywhere on the floor.
Mike Wash has definitely lived up to his potential this year. My only knock on the guy is he sometimes seems to care more about himself than the team. Throwing tantrums on the sidelines and leaving his teamates out to dry when they try to show him love. But by no means do I think he is the type that could be a cancer, he just needs to learn to use his emotions in a controled rage.
Sanchez has an amazing ability to get up and down the court that most guys his size wish they had. He is starting to come on offensively and I love his effort. He truly is one of those guys that you want to see do well.
As for the bench guys--Britt is slowly growing on me, his intensity on the defensive side of the ball is amazing, and he is starting to learn to create his own shot which could eventually lead him to a starting role. Andre Clark has the size and potential to come off the bench and control the boards. Monk-hoping his current situation will be dealt with soon-Is clearly the guy who wears the hard hat on the team. He came in late, but made an immediate impact on the team, and you can't put a price on the leadership the guy brings.
This group of guys definitely have the talent, will, and determination to take us back to the days of old. I think we are just a few pieces away from putting a great TEAM together. WPS!!!! I for one am ready for the highs-and lows-that will come with this group.
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

YABBBUF

I agree with "some" of that...  huh??? on "some" of that too.
You are welcome Slacker.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: YABBBUF on January 30, 2009, 09:11:40 pm
I agree with "some" of that...  huh??? on "some" of that too.

what parts are you "huh???" on? maybe I can clarify. Sorry I do post in a train of thought method so it comes off as jumbled thought to some people.

YABBBUF

This part on Clarke mostly.

"If he continues this shooting, we could very well have a guy like "Eric Ferguson" who can hit the big shots to keep us in or win us games, and can draw enough attention to get other guys chances to score."

I say if he continues like last night; we will see a guy more like Reddick or Lofton; but he is a freshman; and will continue to have ups and downs this year.  We will see his full potential in the middle to late part of his Soph season.
You are welcome Slacker.

olivebranchhog

Quote from: YABBBUF on January 30, 2009, 10:02:57 pm
This part on Clarke mostly.

"If he continues this shooting, we could very well have a guy like "Eric Ferguson" who can hit the big shots to keep us in or win us games, and can draw enough attention to get other guys chances to score."

I say if he continues like last night; we will see a guy more like Reddick or Lofton; but he is a freshman; and will continue to have ups and downs this year.  We will see his full potential in the middle to late part of his Soph season.

I completely agree to the Reddick comparison, but I really would like him to be Rotnei Clarke. I want people comparing their players to him. I really believe in 5 years someone will be comparing a young guard to him on rivals, scout, etc..