Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'Arkansas Fans Get It'

Started by Table Rocker, January 30, 2009, 01:46:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

Nice to see some positive comments for our loyal fanbase from outside the state!

GHG!

Frank and Swine

kimjongsqUeAl

We have the best fans in the world.  That's my honest opinion.  Go Hogs!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

TNhawgfan

We are one of the few teams in the SEC that has a loyal fanbase for both of the major sports. LSU, Bama, Auburn, and UGA have ravid fans that follow the football team everywhere they go, but look at their arenas during basketball season. No one travles better during the hoop season than UK, but you can always get good seats there for a football game (and it's the smallest stadium in the SEC). We do have great fans.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

rzrbackrob

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 30, 2009, 02:32:55 pm
We are one of the few teams in the SEC that has a loyal fanbase for both of the major sports. LSU, Bama, Auburn, and UGA have ravid fans that follow the football team everywhere they go, but look at their arenas during basketball season. No one travles better during the hoop season than UK, but you can always get good seats there for a football game (and it's the smallest stadium in the SEC). We do have great fans.

I agree. Arkansas can make a case for the best all around fans.
We also are great baseball fans too.

Good is the enemy of great

byvark

Anyone that recalls the old SWC remembers that it was the Hogs that ruled as far as fan support goes!  That's why Reunion Arena used to be referred to as "Barnhill South" every year during the SWC basketball tournament....most of the fans were Hog supporters.  I for one am not at all surprised the support carried over into the SEC...same fans, just different venues.
I bleed Razorback Red...how about you?  If you are not PASSIONATE about being a HOG fan, what's the deal?

94 Hawg

nice compliment, and well deserved considering everything.

side note:
who would have guessed a month ago that Mark Gottfried & Dennis Felton would be fired, while Andy Kennedy is still in Oxford. ?
scary trend for coaches  IMO, and don't forget LSU doing the same thing a year ago to Brady.
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

thirtythree

Excellent read there. One thing is for sure. Passionate fans care so much about the teams that they want more and that's why some think it is complaining. They just want more. Being never satisfied is a good thing sometimes.

byvark

Being satisfied with good only breeds complacency.  Hungering for more instills the same in others and is felt by recruits, current players, and the programs of other schools.  Never should we settle for the medocrity of good enough.  Unfortunately, it is sometimes mistakeningly perceived as criticism, however, the worse thing is not caring enough about a program to even bother.
I bleed Razorback Red...how about you?  If you are not PASSIONATE about being a HOG fan, what's the deal?

chortle

Quote from: byvark on January 30, 2009, 07:25:18 pm
Anyone that recalls the old SWC remembers that it was the Hogs that ruled as far as fan support goes!  That's why Reunion Arena used to be referred to as "Barnhill South" every year during the SWC basketball tournament....most of the fans were Hog supporters.  I for one am not at all surprised the support carried over into the SEC...same fans, just different venues.

Ahhhhhh....the good ole days.

Those were some of my most memorable times as a kid. Especially when my Dad got speeding tickets every year by Texas state troopers driving Mustangs on the drive home.

Hell, he didn't care, we just beat the hell out of Texas, and he let the troopers know it.

FayettevilleHog

I have a hard time saying we are the best fans in the country anymore. Every basketball game, regardless of the score, people start leaving early. There is a slow trickle at the 8:00 minute timeout, then every stop in play from the 4:00 minute timeout on people are filing out. It doesn't matter if we are up 10, down 10 or up 2 points. Why the rush to leave early??? Stay to the end, see more basketball. Your ticket price covered the full 40 minutes, enjoy it!!