Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A. Clark

Started by hawgsmellgud, January 30, 2009, 08:31:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgsmellgud

This guy is SO RAW but if Pel can reign him in he has a tremendous upside. He has a nice shot that he can hit from outside and his athletic ability is out of this world.

I am defenitly not saying he is ready for a starting role or even more pt. I am saying that once he gets his head on straight and starts paying attention to WTH he is doing he is going to be special.

What do you think.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

dougieritch

Yeah, that dunk he almost made would have been awesome!

He just needs more PT, and learn on the fly.  Some added weight wouldn't hurt either.

hawgsmellgud

I don't think he is mentaly ready for more playing time. Did you see that lazy in bounds pass that was stolen for a lay-up? It is little mental mistakes like that that keep him on the bench.

I however am a big fan of he and henry and think that with a little time they will take us deep in the NCAA.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

HawgAdvocate

I've got big hopes for Andre. He can do big things for us with his ability to hit the 15-18 footer.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hogbody

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on January 30, 2009, 08:44:19 am
I've got big hopes for Andre. He can do big things for us with his ability to hit the 15-18 footer.

Agreed.  All it takes is time.  Of course some of our fans arent willing to give time.

The_Iceman

i wish there was a replay of that dunk attempt.

Hogbody

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 30, 2009, 12:15:58 pm
i wish there was a replay of that dunk attempt.

It was pretty far out there.  He had the distance on it, just couldnt handle the ball that well.

pimphog

Quote from: dougieritch on January 30, 2009, 08:34:25 am
Yeah, that dunk he almost made would have been awesome!

He just needs more PT, and learn on the fly.  Some added weight wouldn't hurt either.

that was the funniest part of the game......clark jumping from the three point line and almost making the dunk and then Sanchez right after that falling to the ground (for the hundredth time) fouling the #$%^ out of one of their players. 

JFHWGBKRIII

What was most impressive about the "dunk" was that he covered the last 30 ft of court in 3 bounds.
Like you said, he needs to get it under control and he could be something special.

trphog

He has a nice touch. Needs to add some muscle and some grey matter. If our young players progress, like Mike Washington has, we will be an exciting team for a couple of years.

Andre screwed up on 2 highlight situations last night.  Nothing clears your head like screwing up on national TV.  Those stupid plays are on record forever and He knows that.  He also was left open for the long shot and it went in and that was nice.  Came at a time we really needed it.  The future stud is likely Henry.  He moves and thinks like a baskerballer. 

hogtheball

Clark might be the worst baseline defender I've ever seen in college - hope he proves me wrong.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

yraciv

The problem with Andre is he has been lazy for years.  He was benched in a state playoff game at half because he refused to play defense.  Imagine a coach benching his star player in a playoff game, so take my word that it was bad.  The guy has a lot of potential, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see it.

jkcrunch

See Michael Washington as a freshmen