Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Consistent Shooting = Top 20 team

Started by UltimateHog, January 29, 2009, 10:50:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimateHog

But it's a matter of us being able to establish Rotnei early on.

We've got to get him decent looks, OFTEN.

Double screens, high screens, low screens to allow him to drive into the lane like he did tonight.

Welsh has got to get back into a rythm, and Fortson needs to remain calm, let the game come to him, and do what he does best.

I think we all know Courtney will not shoot well anywhere but from the FT line. It's painful to watch him shoot a 3, it's such a flat, dead shot that just has very little chance of going in. Teams are going to continue to back off of him from 3, giving him 2+ feet of room when he's at the 3pt line such as tonight.

Rotnei has to keep this up, Welsh has to shoot better, Washington has GOT TO SCORE DOWN LOW, and Sanchez needs to put up 6-14ppg and 8-12 rpg.

Fortson is going to score, mostly off of layups and FT's.

I really wish Henry would get to 100%, he is starting to really develop given the injury he suffered.

I think this could be the best team in the SEC, which isn't saying alot, but we are not that far off.

Easier said than done of course, but if we can just get solid shooting performances from the FT line, hit some solid 3's, and have Wash put up his average, I really don't think there is a team in the SEC any better than us.

We still didn't shoot great tonight, outside of Rotnei, and only won by 8 at home to a terrible Bama team with an interim head coach, so at the same time it's hard to start feeling positive about us getting it turned around.

Saturday will be make or break.
Quote from: cityhog on January 14, 2012, 04:48:21 pm
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

Hot_Town_Hog

Agreed the 3's are HUGE for us.....Getting Washington going again is too. Fort played pretty well under control.

A win at LSU and we are back in it. I think we could beat the Vols at the Bud and get on a roll from there. 8-8 is very possible for this team if they want it.

Looked much better tonight....Step it up just a little more, and the season is not lost.

UltimateHog

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on January 29, 2009, 11:01:04 pm
Agreed the 3's are HUGE for us.....Getting Washington going again is too. Fort played pretty well under control.

A win at LSU and we are back in it. I think we could beat the Vols at the Bud and get on a roll from there. 8-8 is very possible for this team if they want it.

Looked much better tonight....Step it up just a little more, and the season is not lost.

8-8 or better is achievable, but it all depends on what team shows up on what night/day.
I'll honestly be shocked if CMA ever goes above .500 in conference play as coach here.

donewithdale

Yes when we shoot well we have a shot at beating most every team.  Too bad the defensive liabilities are still going to be there and is the reason we aren't close to being an upper level SEC team even in a down year.   Bama did not take advantage of it from the outside but they did kill us in the post and in the mid range game.

hawgsav1

Until we stop giving up the easy 3 there's a better chance that our games will look like the first four instead of today.  I"m glad Bama was dead from the outside otherwise it could have gotten ugly. 
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Hot_Town_Hog on January 29, 2009, 11:01:04 pm

I like the optimism but we do not go into Baton Rouge and come out with a victory. They are taller, more athletic, and we suck on the road
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GBoling5000

HawgWild

Quote from: GBoling5000 on January 30, 2009, 07:30:51 am
Missing Dunks and Layups = Crap

Yep, there was an awful lot of that last night. And even worse, they usually resulted in a 4 point swing because Alabama scored off the miscue.

UltimateHog

Quote from: HawgWild on January 30, 2009, 08:11:39 am
Yep, there was an awful lot of that last night. And even worse, they usually resulted in a 4 point swing because Alabama scored off the miscue.

And we still never trailed in the 2nd half....