Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome back to Fayetteville Rotnei Clarke!!!

Started by lookinupthehill, January 29, 2009, 09:18:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinupthehill

Hot_Town_Hog

Welcome to Fayettville...Not sure he had ever arrived prior to tonight.

Go Rotnei!!!

TuckFexas

AfrickenMEN! We've been waiting for you young sir!
Famous quote.
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com
Become my friend on Facebook: www.facebook.com
The post above may or may not accurately reflect the views of TuckFexas.
Yes, they let me out of the Tavern on a day pass.

hogdiggity

Looks like that quick shooter people were saying he was today

Hawgon

January 29, 2009, 10:11:36 pm #4 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:04:07 pm by Hawgon
Tonight showed what can happen when the other guys actually look for him.  If he gets a good pass in rhythm, he can shoot.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawgon on January 29, 2009, 10:11:36 pm
Tonight showed what can happen when the other guys actually look for him.  If he gets a good pass in rythm, he can shoot.
Maybe this game will go a long way towards his teammates having faith in him.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

thirtythree

I hope this just wasn't a one night thing. We need him to do that every game.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Hawgon on January 29, 2009, 10:11:36 pm
Tonight showed what can happen when the other guys actually look for him.  If he gets a good pass in rythm, he can shoot.

Started with a couple of bricks, but finally found his stroke. He has been missing wide open shots, but tonight didn't hesitate and was stroking it!! Let's hope he and his teammates gained some confidence back. 

40MINSOFHELL

Hawgndaaz

It wasn't just about him getting the ball more..he just didn't hesitate to take a few dribbles, headfake, etc. All it takes is some confidence and a young guy can tear it up. He looked about 40% more aggressive and active throughout the entire game than I have seen him all season.

Break & Run

Clarke was 6-10 for the game. 60%...i hope he can shoot like that, if so, we can win all our games, but i know we wont.  I still think we have a chance at 8-8 in conference.  If not better...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hawgXi

pel's new game plan:  pass the ball to rotnei

astro890

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...

HOG FANATIC

In my opinion Rotnei has been to worried about missing and coming out of the game.  After every miss he would look over at the bench.  Last night it looked to me like Pelfrey told him to shoot the ball.  He didn't hesitate on his shot, he just pulled the trigger.  Great shooters have no conscience.  Also, Jason Henry is a great rebounder.

Coach Obvious

dougieritch

I like that he was aggressive and didn't settle for the 3-Point shot. 

Hope he stays aggressive!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: dougieritch on January 30, 2009, 08:36:13 am

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 30, 2009, 01:50:38 am
It wasn't just about him getting the ball more..he just didn't hesitate to take a few dribbles, headfake, etc. All it takes is some confidence and a young guy can tear it up. He looked about 40% more aggressive and active throughout the entire game than I have seen him all season.

Exactly right!
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

DeltaBoy

Clark wound up having a great game He found his stroke and bombed Bama good.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FaytownHog

very good point. he didn't set up and wait for the 3 pointer in hs when he was averaging 40 plus a game. he had plenty of time and rhythm because he took half of the shots. i think getting back into his form and getting the ball more both helped his game tonight, and hopefully they will remember this for the future.
Quote from: dougieritch on January 30, 2009, 08:36:13 am

dotnet

It looks like he ran off more screens too and they ran more plays specifically to get him the ball.

hogtheball

It was the first game where he was actually "involved" in the offense.   The results speak for themselves.  Hard to get in a rhythm when you only take 4 or 5 shots.  He needs to be taking 15 shots per night - hit or miss.   The kid can shoot.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Supermark101

I loved the why he came out of his slump, really fun to watch.

There were a couple of times he Rotnei was WIDE open,when bama was pressing. We have to get him the ball in those situations.

3kgthog

He could destroy every Pat Bradley record if he could run his defender ragged. Rot got tired from all that extra movement last night.