Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pelphrey should do a better job of coaching his PG...

Started by HognotinMemphis, January 29, 2009, 08:52:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

January 29, 2009, 08:52:55 pm Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 12:06:20 pm by HoginMemphis
I walk in at 8:50 after tennis tonight and turn the game on. First thing i see is a possession by the Hogs - Fortson dribbles into the lane an has it knocked out of his hands just before half time.

I'm sick of seeing him make the same mistake over and over and over...I don't care if he is a freshman. Quit doing the same thing that gets the same result over and over and over. Please, you are frustrating the crap out of the fanbase, man.

I blame this on Pelphrey, not on Fortson. Make your PG stop dribbling into 3 players in the lane and losing the ball. That is part of why your team is 1-4 in SEC play.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Break & Run

OMg, he's my age...NINETEEN!!! He will mature as he gets older and more experience! We all know this is a up and down team...We have no one else to start at PG.  Welsh sure isnt wat Fortson is at PG.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

idochog

Fortson has been a turnover machine since conference play has started.  You can't play street ball in the SEC
I love Jesus!

pigz

You guys have a good time frig dancing

CallMeAl

Hog since birth.

Buff

claytongray

Any coach not starting Fortson would be making a mistake.

Table Rocker

Memphis u know there's a jump ball forum right? Join us sometime

idochog

Quote from: Buffinator on January 29, 2009, 09:37:48 pm
10 assists, 3 turnovers

That is the kind of stats your point guard has to have.  The last few games it has been like 7 turnovers and 3 assists
I love Jesus!

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

3kgthog

Just don't let him shoot and he more than makes up for his mistakes. He'll be fine.

Arazorbackguy1

A moderator starting a basketball thread in a football forum....  I've seen it all!
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

pigzwillrise

and who would u start at PG? stephen cox??? fortson is the best freshman PG in the nation... if you would put him on the bench your crazy

Break & Run

He's not the best freshman PG in the country.  He's just a great freshman PG, but not the best one in the country.  Auburn's freshman PG looked pretty dang good...
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

PiggoBitttys

If you had been watching the game before 8:50, you would've seen some sweet assists.
Here's a link to the jumb ball forum btw.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?board=71.0

Lieutenant Dan

I wouldn't, I'd just do what I've been saying on here since the first game I saw.  Play Henry.  He adds another dimension this team has to have.  Scores, rebounds, handles the ball, passes, and can take his man.  Oh....he's also 6'6", athletic, and has a phenomenal feel and tempo to his game for being so young. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

deshahawg

I'll be glad when these guys get a little experience. We've got a great team in the making.

Franchise_Hog

I'm glad you're not coaching, Fortson is the only true PG we have on the roster.

blacksuit

He's the only point guard on the roster, isn't he? A few weeks back the people in jump ball were arguing about how soon Fortson would go off to the NBA.

YABBBUF

I am glad you were playing TENNIS; instead of watching the Hogs for free tonight....  Did you see the Fortson Wigs the students were wearing???  Great Post Memphis!!
You are welcome Slacker.

StoernerJonesFan

HognotinMemphis

January 30, 2009, 08:01:08 am #22 Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 08:05:02 am by HoginMemphis
Quote from: pigzwillrise on January 29, 2009, 10:36:27 pm
and who would u start at PG? stephen cox??? fortson is the best freshman PG in the nation... if you would put him on the bench your crazy
Best freshman PG in the nation? You sure about that? You may get an argument from the Memphis Tiger fans on that one. As well as from Ole Miss fans. The freshman who played point for Ole Miss against the Hogs did a heck of a lot better job at the point that Fortson has done in any SEC game so far. And that kid isn't even a true PG.

If Pelphrey doesn't have anyone better to run the point, we're stuck with Fortson.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: YABBBUF on January 29, 2009, 11:52:37 pm
I am glad you were playing TENNIS; instead of watching the Hogs for free tonight....  Did you see the Fortson Wigs the students were wearing???  Great Post Memphis!!

I wasn't just "playing tennis". Not that it is any of your business, but I was in the finals of the Racquet Club's annual Indoor championships at 4.0 singles. Had to play whether the 0-5 Hogs were on TV or not.

I won.

EastTexasHog

Quote from: Lieutenant Dan on January 29, 2009, 11:09:06 pm
I wouldn't, I'd just do what I've been saying on here since the first game I saw.  Play Henry.  He adds another dimension this team has to have.  Scores, rebounds, handles the ball, passes, and can take his man.  Oh....he's also 6'6", athletic, and has a phenomenal feel and tempo to his game for being so young. 

I agree.  He seems to play with alot of intensity every time he plays.  I would still play Fortson, but Henry needs more PT.

RazorbackBurger numba foe

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 30, 2009, 08:03:57 am
I wasn't just "playing tennis". Not that it is any of your business, but I was in the finals of the Racquet Club's annual Indoor championships at 4.0 singles. Had to play whether the 0-5 Hogs were on TV or not.

I won.
you are truly a badass...at tennis anyway

Landonhog

I won.

"golf clap"... 

Albert Einswine

Fortson looked reckless to me.  I didn't think he showed a lot of control last night.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hawgrox

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 29, 2009, 10:17:33 pm
A moderator starting a basketball thread in a football forum....  I've seen it all!

I think this is the 5th sign of the Apocalypse...

jep_hog_fan

I thought Fortson and PG were both basketball related.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 30, 2009, 08:58:53 am
Fortson looked reckless to me.  I didn't think he showed a lot of control last night.
Even when he's playing productively he has his reckless moments. It seems that with Fortson it's a matter of the degree of recklessness (when he's playing well, some would call it fearlessness). I was just pleased he didn't feel compelled to dribble down and jack 3's all night (although the fact that we had some other players scoring and didn't trail much probably had more to do with that than anything).

hogfan064

I won.

Wow 4.0!!

Is this the same HoginMemphis once known as HorninMemphis?

okiehawg

I could be wrong but I believe Fortson is the only Freshman PG ranked in the top 15 in the country in assists.  So why in the world would you bench a player with that kind of ability?  He is a freshman, we are going to have growing pains this year and will be solid next year.  Quit freaking out and enjoy the year.  Besides, who else would you have us start at PG, Cox?

PigPusher

"Never a skillful sailor made who always sailed calm waters." Fortson will be fine.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

AckaBacka

Quote from: HoginMemphis on January 29, 2009, 08:52:55 pm
I walk in at 8:50 after tennis tonight and turn the game on. First thing i see is a possession by the Hogs - Fortson dribbles into the lane an has it knocked out of his hands just before half time.

I'm sick of seeing him make the same mistake over and over and over...I don't care if he is a freshman. Quit doing the same thing that gets the same result over and over and over. Please, you are frustrating the crap out of the fanbase, man.
I heard that you kept double-faulting.  What's your excuse?

nextlevel

Quote from: EastTexasHog on January 30, 2009, 08:04:48 am
I agree.  He seems to play with alot of intensity every time he plays.  I would still play Fortson, but Henry needs more PT.

Agree on Henry, there are times when he's been on the court and he appears to be the only one putting out any effort.

Fortson just seems to try and do "too much" at times and ends up out of control, but he is not the only one who is guilty of this.

Its was nice to see Rotnei finally find his shot!
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

little pigee

Is this a tennis forum? Bravo, Bruce.  Care to play some mixed doubles with Buffy and Princess?  Perhaps you should have stopped at the Club for a latte' and saved yourself the anguish and frustration of witnessing such a barbaric display of hedonism.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: little pigee on January 30, 2009, 10:53:38 am
Is this a tennis forum? Bravo, Bruce.  Care to play some mixed doubles with Buffy and Princess?  Perhaps you should have stopped at the Club for a latte' and saved yourself the anguish and frustration of witnessing such a barbaric display of hedonism.

Funny,  I could hear Thurston Howell, III when I read that!  LOL!
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Hogbody

This is a ridiculous thread.  I'm curious how many of Fort's turnover's have been because "Brickands" Sanchez or another player couldnt hold onto the ball.  I've seen this quite a few times.

Granted, Fortson still has his bad moments, but if he plays every game like this last one then we will have a chance to win every game.

nextlevel

Quote from: Hogbody on January 30, 2009, 11:01:52 am
This is a ridiculous thread.  I'm curious how many of Fort's turnover's have been because "Brickands" Sanchez or another player couldnt hold onto the ball.  I've seen this quite a few times.

Granted, Fortson still has his bad moments, but if he plays every game like this last one then we will have a chance to win every game.

I believe the stat line is when he has 5 or more assists, the hogs have not lost.
Quote from: GUVHOG on March 07, 2011, 11:26:42 am
I'll make a prediction: If BCG were to get the Tennessee job, Calipari will be fired from UK within 2 years because from the 2013-2014 season on, Tennessee will own the SEC East until BCG moves on or retires.

ell oh ell

McKdaddy

Quote from: little pigee on January 30, 2009, 10:53:38 am

+1

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McKdaddy

I'd start someone else at moderator
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

broken legs

its just him stroking his ego for being a big bad moderator. kinda like its none of our business but then he bragged on himself for winning his huge racquetball match.

he is the only one that does it, enough to be noticed anyway
Quote from: bigpigpimpin on June 06, 2009, 09:48:11 pm
today when Darr got the winning hit me and some buddies went nuts in my living room, and we even dogpiled in the floor. well, I ended up on bottom and my dog, who doesn't like anybody anyways, thought I was being attacked. so the dog rushes and bites my friend from behind right in the sack! he pissed all over himself and another guy whose face was right below his shorts. They get into a fight and end up shattering the front storm door on my house. After this we all just kind of stopped, as the wife was totally pissed. so we went outside and called the hogs. what a day! I just WPS!

mpeacock

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 30, 2009, 11:11:00 am
I'd start someone else at moderator

Best post thus far. HinM is an agitator and I am surprised anyone even responds to his self-indulgent posts with anything but sarcasm and mockery.

little pigee

Quote from: Albert Einswine on January 30, 2009, 10:56:50 am

Funny,  I could hear Thurston Howell, III when I read that!  LOL!
Nice togs, Lovee!  Don't you think that young Fortson chap would look a little more cricket with a buffont doo?  Possibly a Tony Trabert tennis sweater?
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

HouTxRzbck

WOW Really?...that is all I got to say.
"Do you do drugs Danny...?"

"...Every Day"

"So what's the problem...?"

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: AckaBacka on January 30, 2009, 10:50:25 am
I heard that you kept double-faulting.  What's your excuse?
If you did, someone lied to you.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: broken legs on January 30, 2009, 11:15:36 am
its just him stroking his ego for being a big bad moderator. kinda like its none of our business but then he bragged on himself for winning his huge racquetball match.

he is the only one that does it, enough to be noticed anyway
Racquetball...hahahaha.

HognotinMemphis

Changed the subject line of this thread. The buck stops with the head coach. It's his fault. Let him take the blame. Start Fortson but coach him to play less recklessly and be smarter.

pigzwillrise

I won.
my apologies but i usually disregard the opinions of tennis players and females when it relates to basketball.. especially hog basketball